It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will Monday bring to the stock market?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
Tomorrow is actually going to be a hard one to predict. I think the markets are doomed, but as far as commodities, if it turns into a massive selling panic everything will be on the chopping block. Silver and gold might go with the rest into a panic sell off.

Yeah, but will be converted to what, the Amero???

Personally, I think that G&S will spike hard.
If people predict that the dollar will fail, they will sell off. The next logical step would be to buy G&S with that declining dollar.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by SpaDe_

Nah, gold will hold reasonably steady - up/down a wee bit here and there but not by much

In 2008 when the panic set in even gold took a hit. If I remember right by the time it was all said and done gold trimmed 30%, that is nothing to shake a stick at if your heavily invested!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
My personal opinion is that we were looking at a major global market crash Monday regardless of this rating. Ultimately this downgrade certainly doesn't make things better, but neither do I think it is going to have the impact some believe it will... though it will shoulder the majority of the blame for the coming crash. Just like Lehamn Bros. takes the media and government blame for a 2008 crash in which they were much more an indicator of systemic disease than any sort of overall cause of the crash.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It's hard to say. I mean i'm one of those guys that wants to see it all crash and burn but everytime i get my hopes up and a crash looks inevitable - the markets rally. By the way, does anyone know what time the Asian markets open GMT? Thanks in advance.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Its all downhill from here...

I think the truth is going to come out in the next 90 days. Tomarrow maybe a smoke and mirror session.

Since the TPTB, have had 48 hours to discuss a way to hide the reality of our economic system..

I know this much until we start paying our bills nothing is going to be good or positive.

the debt ceiling debacle was one of the worst examples of how well our politicians work for the people, it should make everyone sick. Just the idiots whining to the media on both sides, all sides blaming one another, pointing fingers and calling each other names, is a disgrace, and all in all while these morons we call our leaders continue their important missions to call each other names, the system is crumbling around them, the people are suffering, and our image is tarnishing...

I do not think it takes a trip to the tea leaves to see what is about to happen next..

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
New Zealand is down 2.2% so far so nothing too dramatic there atm.

I should say the NZ Market has only been open half hour or so.
edit on 7-8-2011 by surrealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I don’t think anything as bad as what people are saying on here will happen. May not see a big recovery of the market but I don’t think it will be that bad. You might be able to pick up some good stocks for cheap tomorrow. Might as well pick up some G&S while you’re at it.
I’m excited about tomorrow myself. I’ll be closing on the sale of my 28th rehabbed house this year. I’m on pace to surpass my personal best of 40 in a year. It’s always a good day picking up a check for $48k. Here’s to the bad housing market.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The downgrade doesn't matter that much... for now.

The thing important right now is Europe. Especially Italy, Spain and what the ECB will do... and if France will keep their AAA rating... and if Germany will accept any new bailout.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I predict a mild decline. They surely must have a few tricks up their sleeves to prevent utter collapse. It's sad, because I am hoping for collapse to wake some people up.

A slow and steady creek doesn't phase some people, but bring the house down in one swoop and it will change your whole perspective.

It's horrible to say but it is necessary.

We need a collapse.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The Dow Jones futures were down 248 at the open on the Globex and have been sliding since.

futures.tradingcharts.com...

Guess the debt problems haven't priced themselves into the markets yet.
edit on 7-8-2011 by Bordon81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This is going to be very difficult to predict what will happen next week. The markets have a tendency to do the opposite of what people expect. Who knows.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Both gold and silver spiked up at opening. Dow futures are way down. That might be the tone for Monday.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jondave

Gold and silver have since leveled out and the Dow is down less than 300 points. With the downgrade news I expected the Dow futures to slide 500+ as soon as it opened, but it didn't, so i am thinking it won't be a crash day tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Down futures, get it here:

www.sgxniftydowfutureslive.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

NZ was down 3.25% by 10am, Australia down by 2% beginning of trade

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Markets dropping 2 - 5 % we seen gold spike but commodities (with the exception of coffee) fall but with Tel Aviv's stock exchange stopping a bit is not good news as they took a good 5 - 6 % hit.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
People just need to relax and stop buying into the fear mongering, it's only going to make it worse. The more people read, the more people will want to sell, the worse it gets.

If we can keep everybody calm, this whole thing will balance itself out.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRedfield
People just need to relax and stop buying into the fear mongering, it's only going to make it worse. The more people read, the more people will want to sell, the worse it gets.

I agree. EVERYONE grab your neighbors wife, leave the kids and run for the hills!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Nothing personal but I received a click-hijack attempt from a link on your suggested page from above. You might want to be wary of that site yourself.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRedfield

its not fearmongering, its the truth...

as far as relaxed, I am prepared...

I will not panic...

but lets be clear its not fearmongering...

this has been a pretty civil topic...

the truth is maybe tomarrow or a few weeks from now, we will see the truth...

trillions of dollars in debt and no idea's to pay it, just blame... With suffering Americans...Looking for ways to support the staples in life!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join