It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Muslims for Bush - watch out Kerry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
This was an interesting read:

American Muslims for Bush Announced
LOS ANGELES, California - August 5, 2004 - Muslims from all over the United States announce the creation of Muslims For Bush, a group of Muslim individuals actively campaigning among all Americans, particularly American Muslims, to re-elect President Bush. The group plans to present the Muslim point-of-view on many issues, demonstrating why President Bush is the better candidate, not only for American Muslims, but for all Americans.

In comparing President George W. Bush and Senator John Kerry, the founders of the group, Muhammad Ali Hasan and Seeme Hasan, strongly felt that even on issues like the Patriot Act, Iraq War, and Afghanistan War, President Bush management, leadership, and most importantly, vision, have been above expectations, warranting a 2004 victory.

Muhammad Ali Hasan said, "The Afghanistan War is going well! Given a similar amount of time and patience, I'm confident that only positive results will start showing in Iraq. Any man or woman who vigorously fights for the creation of peace in the Muslim World is a person who has our unquestioned support! After the tragic 9-11 attacks, there was only one politician out there, defending Muslims. Senator Kerry obviously couldn't defend us - he was too busy writing the Patriot Act!"

The group mission statement also address American diversity, prosperity, and education, which according to Hasan, are at all time highs: "The time to create world peace is now! No other country out there is going to do it and no other country can."

Muslims For Bush is also announcing $10,000 in prizes for the best artwork, op-ed pieces, and movies, that can demonstrate why all Americans, especially American Muslims, should re-elect President Bush. The top prize, of $7,000, will go to the 30 to 60 second commercial that best argues for President Bush re-election. The winning commercial may be aired a few weeks before the November 2nd election date.

Muslims For Bush encourages all who are interested, regardless of political affiliation, to visit their website.

Details of the campaign and the movie contest can be found at their site. "I encourage everyone to visit the site," said Hasan. "Getting everyone excited about this year election season is the most important agenda here."

to be honest, I am not sure that is accurate, from conversations I have had with Muslim Americans, they don't seem to be on the Bush band wagon, but i'll show them this article and see what they have to say now.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
That's a very surprising sentiment considering what's happened in the last 3 years.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The only Muslim I know hates Bush, and is radically pro-Palestine. I have to show him this, probally will riducle this as "Zionist conspiracy crap" like he always does, damn a perfect candidate for our "Deny Ignorance" course.

But these Muslims are most likely the ones who came here from the Mid.East under the tyrannical regimes, of Saddam and the Taliban and so on and like it here better. Good for them, I'm glad to see that more and more groups are getting into this.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
They are the connected "partial" looking for a "full" connection on scale to Chalabi. There is much to be said about greed ( for power & money) as a catalyst for human action, even when it's contrary to surface reasons of well being, and this group is driven by it.

This group carries all the legitimacy of "Swift Boat Vets", no?

OFF THREAD:

Worldwatcher: besides very nice alternate source threads, you provides some of the most beutiful avatars to read them by!!

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I forwarded this article to several American muslims that I know and this morning, the replies are full of disbelief and disgust.

Like I said before most American muslims I know are not supporters of the Bush administration even though some of them voted him in office and have always voted republican. My friends were also quick to say "conspiracy" and a "ploy" to confuse the masses. Like some of the views expressed above, they feel this particular organization is motivated by power, money and political favors this group may hope to gain.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I have forwarded this to my muslim friends and they all agree with it. They seem to think that Bush is solid in his stance, while Kerry will bend to with every wind that comes along.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I have muslin friends and they don't agree with what is going on in the middle east and bush policies.

It is easy for muslins in US to voice oppinions after all they are living well in our country they don't have to worry about the killing or the bombing of their families back home, or perhaps they just don't care.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I remember the day the statue of Saddam came down in Iraq.
There were thousands of Iraqi Muslims dancing in the streets
in Detroit. They were waving American and Iraqi flags, kissing
pictures of Bush and stepping on pictures of Saddam
(It's supposed to be an insult to step on a picture of the persons face)

Muslims who have been victims of Saddam or the Taliban, or who
have relatives who have been victims, certainly will be very
happy to have Bush back in for four more years. I'm sure they
are very leary of Kerry ... not knowing what he stands for and
having him change his mind on issues every few days.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I could actually understand why there may be a Muslims for Bush movement. It's obvious that the Muslim faith has taken a huge beating and has suffered a very large blow to it's previous views as a peaceful faith. It could be that to them, Bush is the person who wants to exterminate the cancerous part of the muslim faith, the extremist. If They think Bush can do this, well, that would be very good for the Muslim faith. It would put them back into a place where peaceful actions are the main focus, instead of the small group of extremist who are responsible for all the trouble. Now, of course, this is all based on the theory that what Bush is doing is really helping get rid of that cancer. Which IMO is not the case.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
this could be quite true, but I think a large proportion of Muslims feel that any such attack on 'extremist Islam' may just be a front for furthering a particular middle eastern policy. After all.. Saddam was pretty good at keeping his muslims out of the spotlight and out of power.. hell Tariq Aziz was a christian! But much of this may just boil down to bread and butter issues... if you believe in the republican spiel, or have close business ties (which Im sure many rich Arab-Americans do) to traditional republicans interests, of course you'll support the rep candidate. Swings n roundabouts...

[edit on 18-8-2004 by Qoelet]

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I find it interesting that republicans are considered to "rich," while democrates claim to be the common people. Last I knew Kerry and Kennendy were both very Rich. Why sould I believe that one Rich man is going to be for the common man just because he says it. Show me by your actions, not your words.

new topics

top topics

join