It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS! Andrea Rossi Terminate Relation With Defkalion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

NEWS! Andrea Rossi Terminate Relation With Defkalion

ecatfusion.com

Hotest news of the day is that Andrea Rossi terminates all relationships with Defkalion Green Technologies.

All business relationships with Praxen , the Cyprus based company that owns the Greek company Defkalion Green Technologies S.A., have been cancelled and as of today neither Praxen nor Defkalion, nor any other Greek company whatsoever holds any rights for the production of the E-Cat or for any other exploitation of Andrea Rossi’s technology.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
ecatfusion.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Focardi and Rossi demonstrate Cold Fusion!!
Focardi & Rossi E-Cat: First Cold Fusion Power Plant to be built in Greece. Next one in USA!
Rossi Cold Fusion Validated by Swedish Skeptic's Society!
Rossi Claims "Self-Destruct Mode" on E-Cat (So called "free energy" device)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
For the people that are unfamiliar with the story, Rossi is an invetor (Using the term lightly) who promised a device that operates similar to cold fusion, which would solve the worlds energy needs. He was promising to deliver a 1 MegaWatt plant by October with the Defkalion company.

PRESS RELEASE :
Bologna-Rome (Italy) August 4th 2011
EFA- Energia da Fonti Alternative srl, the Italian Company through which the rights for the production of Andrea Rossi’s E-Cat were granted to Praxen Defkalion Green Technologies LTD, publicly announces that the License and Technology Transfer Agreement between the two companies has been recently terminated.

I haven't found the original press release yet but I will update when I find it.

So if this is right Rossi is cutting ties with Defkalion? Oh this story is absolute gold. What will believers say about this one I ponder...

Conveniently,

Not one single test, of the many demonstrations of the E-Cat technology held around the world, has ever been done in Greece and no E-Cat has ever been brought, produced, or assembled in the territory of the Ellenic Republic: so not only the technology is still fully owned by Andrea Rossi’s company, Leonardo Corporation, but it still remains a well preserved industrial secret.

Defkalion was never allowed to look inside his magic box, so there will be no revelations coming from them.

Rossi has been talking about his 1mw plant for how long now? Which, judging by this post, will not happen...

ecatfusion.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 7-8-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Okay so it looks like the origins of the Press Release were from Rossi's blog(Journal?) himself. And he has addressed questions on the matter.

This is what he says about the future 1mw plant

Andrea Rossi August 6th, 2011 at 10:44 AM Dear Burt:

In my life I designed, manufactured, delivered and started up thousands of plants of any kind in the thermotechnic field of energy production from any kind of something that can give energy.

When you start up a plant, if everything goes perfectly well from the beginning it is an Act of God. The test will be made by the world highest level possible Scientists, and I cannot make mistakes.

Well, do you think that a responsible person could be not worried? My life is in the stakes. Anyway, at this point I can guarantee that the start up will be made in October.

Thank you for your kind attention, Warm Regards, A.R.

Andrea Rossi August 5th, 2011 at 8:43 AM Dear Daniel Garcia: The 1 MW plant will be put in operation during the last week of October. The exact place will be communicated in September.

Warm Regards, Andrea Rossi

Source

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I remember when Rossi first announced the E-Cat and you spent the entire time on an ATS thread trying to debunk it. So far it hasn't been. This news is strange, but he did say he still plans to release the 1 MW reactor in October no? We will see the outcome.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
I remember when Rossi first announced the E-Cat and you spent the entire time on an ATS thread trying to debunk it. So far it hasn't been. This news is strange, but he did say he still plans to release the 1 MW reactor in October no? We will see the outcome.

You cannot debunk something that is hidden from everyone. Rossi has been hiding information about his device and flat out lying. He is deceptive and manipulative, and all I have done was point out those things.

Others are starting to note that as well, even people in the same field.

Rossi has claimed, many times and in many reports, that he is not asking anybody for money until he delivers a working product for sale. For example, he said so on March 18 in Ny Teknik.

"I want no money from anybody until the plants have started up to demonstrate they maintain the guarantees. I want all the risks on me. This of course makes the beginning slow, but I want not to put on risk the money which is not mine."

Rossi's Greek licensee, Defkalion Green Technologies, however, is asking for money and asking investors to bear the risk. For 40.4 million Euros, one company per country can have the exclusive rights to manufacture and sell Rossi's device, according to a July 6 letter from Symeon Tsalikoglou, the director of business development and marketing for Defkalion.

A critical look at Rossi & the e-cat.

Now Rossi has cut ties with Defkalion, on what basis? No money was supposed to be involved...

He has said in other media that he has received money too...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
So two days after this agreement breaks down the Italian patent is approved.

international patent demand no. WO2009/125444 is pending and Italian Patent office has already been issued on April 6th, 2011 the final patent no. 0001387256.

Not sure if there is more to this connection. I would be surprised if the current energy industry would give up with a fight. Rossi has gained a lot of publicity making an assassination a tough one to pull off, but there are many other ways pressure can be applied to disrupt production and stop competition to the status quo. Just need to look at Iraq to to see just how far the oil industry will go.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

If his device was real, energy companies would be looking to buy it out because of the amount of profit they could make off of it. I don't think Rossi would object either, seeing as he risked carrying millions of gold, illegally over an international border a few years ago.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

So two days after this agreement breaks down the Italian patent is approved.

April - August, there is a four month separation. International patent is still pending, but gives him enough protection that he should be able to let people start examining it.

Nelson would not go into detail on the record with me about the meeting with Rossi, but he did provide a few facts.

• Rossi had contacted Nelson several months ago, asking to visit.
  • Rossi paid his own expenses to attend the July 14 meeting at Marshall.
  • Approximately 25 people comprising NASA staff and outside contractors attended the meeting.
  • There was no demonstration, only a discussion about Rossi's device.
  • NASA showed my June 14 video, in which Rossi demonstrated his device to me.
  • NASA is offering an opportunity to test Rossi's device so long as there is no cost to the government.
  • No agreement has been established.
  • NASA 's interest is for possible space applications of the device.
  • Further details are not available at this time.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I'm sure many will not be at all surprised by news like this.
Rossi, as with other FE inventors, seem to have one helluva enigmatic streak (to put it nicely)
I don't take ANY of them seriously anymore unless they are talking 'open source' from day one, AND walking the talk.
There are a few out there.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

April - August, there is a four month separation. International patent is still pending, but gives him enough protection that he should be able to let people start examining it.

Good pick up and you are right, so that has nothing to do with it.

The problem the energy industry is facing is with all the investment in the current infrastructure that it has, drilling, refining, shipping, stations and many long term plans. Sure the people and many companies would love to take 90% off its energy bills and it will take a while to get any new infrastructure out, but any new players on the energy market does face a lot of resistance. Edison and Tesla went through many trials in getting electricity mainstream and cutting into the oil market for energy requirements.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

This is not correct. "Rossi" is a common surname in Italy and the Rossi involved with precious metals is not the Rossi who invented the ECat.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
reply to post by boncho

This is not correct. "Rossi" is a common surname in Italy and the Rossi involved with precious metals is not the Rossi who invented the ECat.

Nice try... Got anything else?

Andrea Rossi, the legal representative of the 'company and the liquidator Royal Alexander were indicted by the District Attorney of Milan for illegal disposal of waste storage and toxic waste.

The alleged criminal organization would be formed, as well as from 'the creator of "liquid waste oil" and has since disappeared from a person, even by Michele Pizzato, Italian resident in Switzerland, a man trusted by Andrea Rossi and, recently, his mate "misfortune".

In 1995, according to an article called "For the Second Time, Handcuffs for Andrea Rossi" in Corriere della Sera, Rossi went to prison after he was convicted of illegal gold trafficking. Rossi also explained this on his personal Web site.

In Rossi's own words (Third person):

by strange coincidence Omar Petroldragon establishments,find themselves to face a strong political/social alliance that declares Ing. Andrea Rossi an environmental polluter and tax evader.

Andrea Rossi was arrested, from prison could no longer do anything to save the company,...

Those 56 prosecutions, for which he was incarcerated, end up with an acquittal of all processes for tax reasons, derived from bankruptcy by the closure of Omar and Petroldragon, 5 of them ended with a conviction, which would justify the period of preventive imprisonment for the accusations that led to the arrests. All other requirements ended up in acquittals.

End of Rossi's words.

Rossi's site.

PetroDragon

If up until now believed to be in trouble and it 'wrong. Andrea Rossi, inventor of the process talked to transform the garbage into oil and industrial waste, and 'much' trouble that simple. Of all the "tiles" that have rained on him so far, the most 'heavy' arrived yesterday by the Public Prosecutor of Ariano Irpino, in the province of Avellino.

More reading

The masterpiece, however, was the sale of 'Lacchiarella area just two months before the bankruptcy decision of Omar: estimated 5 billion was transferred to the Trust Company Ltd for 476 million of Cremona.

All in bills of exchange, moreover, never paid. The prosecutor had also indicated that Omar as a means for carrying out illegal activities (Rossi is also investigated at Monza and Varese for tax and financial crimes as the owner of Dragon Petrol group companies), in order to divert huge profits to 'foreign Already in '94, in fact, the capital of Omar was headed to London-based company controlled by Rossi and Liechtenstein.

A note about the plant he was operating:

And he added a curious detail: the best customers of the Dragon Petrol included a paper mill in the province of Frosinone, that between January '91 to March' 92 had purchased 600 tons of fuel self-sufficient. Too bad that the factory had stopped production since '90.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Lol! Boncho you are trying way to hard to discredit this with nothing of substance. Only an idiot would let his secrets go of this magnitude before his patents were finalized. And even if this alleged turn of events turns out to be true it does nothing to negate the train of prominent and highly credible scientist who have examined it, run tests, and ruled out any trickery etc.

Also the source you posted is saying he wiill still start up the 1MW plant in the US in October...

Nice try but you have jumped the gun as usual. Relax and bide your time if it turns out to be another charade you can have a hey day chiding us about how you told us so. If it turns out to be all true then the world will have made a significant step forward to being a better place. Some of us prefer to hope for the best until we know for sure one way or another...

edit on 7-8-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

And even if this alleged turn of events turns out to be true it does nothing to negate the train of prominent and highly credible scientist who have examined it, run tests, and ruled out any trickery etc.

What I have mentioned in this thread so far are straight from Rossi, so I don't know how you could deny the legitimacy.

As far as the "credible scientists", nothing has been peer reviewed or published in a science journal. And the people who have commented on the e-cat have either been taken out of context by Rossi/Alternative News Sites, and/or they are just lacking in judgement in some cases.

Steven B. Krivit talking about Essen and Kullander

As Essén told me on July 15, he had not known about the 1,600 times expansion factor when he and Kullander went to Bologna. I know of no evidence to suggest that Levi knew about the expansion factor, either. Certainly, if Levi did know, it raises other questions.

Explain how your credible scientists don't know about the expansion of liquid to gas state?

I made a thread on the Steam here.

The credible scientist is quoted as saying he doesn't know much about steam:

"I'm new at steam, unfortunately," Essén said. "I've only studied it in the context of basic thermodynamics. I can't recall anybody who has made this type of claim before."

Three months ago, but shortly after his visit to Bologna, Essén didn't seem to know about steam quality.
In an April e-mail, I asked him, "Does your analysis take into account the ‘wet steam’ concern? Is this a valid concern, an irrelevant concern or a red herring?"

"I think it is totally irrelevant," Essén wrote. "Boiling water is a fairly straightforward method of estimating power."
I asked Kullander, as well.

Even worse is Essen's complete lack of critical thinking: (Basically, Essen takes everything at face value)

Essén based his support of Rossi's device on the following:

- His assumption that Levi was an independent researcher.
- His understanding that Rossi had already begun to sell devices and that they were commercially available.
- He thought Rossi's device might be credible despite the lack of essential pieces of information "partly because he says it."

Apparently, Essén did not go to great lengths to verify information that he received; however, he did maintain his objectivity and cautious skepticism at that time in the Ny Teknik interview.
"It’s very hard to guard against someone who is lying in this context," Essén said. "It’s almost impossible for us to know. You try to evaluate the physics, then you assume that the data is presented as honestly as possible."

On Levi:

Levi was hardly independent. All of his tests were performed in Rossi's facility, in Rossi's presence, under Rossi's direction, on equipment designed, constructed and owned by Rossi and without any document that would provide Levi with sufficient details to perform an independent replication.

A picture of the fellow.

This is what the Executive Secretary of the International Society for Condensed Matter Nuclear Science, said about Rossi and the e-cat in a leaked message to Ed Storms.

There is nothing worse than a scientific field full of "True Believers" where criticism is not tolerated and the current dogma can never be attacked. Of course critics often exaggerate! I do this on occasion, and I have been quite rightly criticized in turn for it!! But this is all part of the legitimate process. By taking a more extreme position than mere logic demands, we isolate and simplify the issues for discussion.

Steven B. Krivit's criticism on Rossi being discussed at a conference and mention of Celan's findings:

I wrote to Mahadeva Srinivasan, the conference chairman, and stated my concern that this was a highly irregular decision considering that Rossi's work had not been vetted in any scientific forum before the conference, or published in any journal, and that the abstract submission deadline had passed months earlier. Srinivasan explained his and his scientific committee's reasoning

Celani recognized the weakest part of Rossi and Levi's claim: the assumption of complete evaporation of the water. More important, he knew conceptually the correct way that they should have measured the energy balance.

On Rossi et al. Methods by Francesco Celani (Nuclear Physicist), VP of the Condensed Matter Institute:

-The experiment, at the beginning, didn’t start properly because the main heater had catastrophic failure.

- After some (chaotic) “work” (and the large [number of] people waiting in the main room making noisy and “bitter” comments), at the end, the reactor was started.

- The expected self-sustaining regime (input electric power strongly reduced from kW level to less that 100W), as claimed several times before by Rossi and Focardi, this time was not possible to be operated.

- Very little information, incomplete measurements, questionable assumptions (like complete evaporation).

More

More reading

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Yeah yea blah blah I am not going to bite on your troll tactics we've been all through this and you have been proven wrong time and again! No need for me to quote yet again all the prominent scientist including a NASA Chief who all positively confirmed everything Rossi has revealed so far debunking the peanut gallery you keep trying to throw at it, and when that doesn't work you trod out the same tired attacks on the mans character....

Give it up!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
double tap
edit on 8-8-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Maybe....Maybe Not

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Lol! Boncho you are trying way to hard to discredit this with nothing of substance. Only an idiot would let his secrets go of this magnitude before his patents were finalized.

Only an idiot?
Well that's nice to label all the generous souls working to bring this technology to humanity via open source avenues as idiots!
Some people have matured enough to rise above profit, protectionism and self-aggrandizement as prime motivations.
They don't shout their successes from the rooftops or ask for investments on faith, they just quietly carry on perfecting their technologies and getting them ready to release into the public domain, for FREE!

Having said that, we can all wait another 3 months for Rossi to launch the plant. But even then, you're going to need a spare 40 million if you want to be a part of Rossi's plan for 'free' energy

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

No need for me to quote yet again all the prominent scientist including a NASA Chief who all positively confirmed everything Rossi has revealed so far...

The NASA Chief confirmed nothing. He was quoted grossly out of context and Rossi himself paid his expenses to go have the meeting there.

NASA offered to validate Rossi's work but the Inventor wanted no part in it.

Yeah yea blah blah I am not going to bite on your troll tactics we've been all through this...

Since when is there something wrong with taking a critical look at something? Thought this place was about getting to the bottom of things...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Not entirely unexpected from some quarters it must be said.

My understanding of the "ECat" is that the basic technology itself is known - the device builds on existing reported work using nickel and hydrogen. Rossi's "technology" is a catalyst (or tweak to the process, I forget which but suspect it is claimed to be just a catalyst) that, according to him, massively boosts the performance of the reaction.

If the original reported work is correct (and there are questions over that) then I am willing to believe that the introduction of a catalyst of some kind would lead to a boost in the reaction - that's what catalysts are generally supposed to do, after all - but I just don't believe Rossi himself. I believe that some kind of similar technology might work, but I don't believe he has it.

All the best scams are based on something which is too good to be true. Whether or not it is a scam, it bears all the hallmarks. If Rossi let NASA test it and it worked as advertised, he would be ridiculously rich in a very short time and the device would get worldwide acceptance and use. He claims he's doing it "for the good of the world" after all. Instead, he's trying to get a little bit of money upfront with limited application "for the good of the world" but no risk of hacing it examined before he gets the money.

There's a good reason for the expression "pig in a poke"!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join