It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dollar to Be 'Discarded' by World: China Rating Agency

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Iwinder

One of the main arguments business gives for moving operations overseas is because of the competitive edge. Cheaper labor makes the product cheaper to make, resulting in saving for the purchaser.

So the theory goes anyways....

One of our issues here in the states (and im not completely laying blame on the group either) are unions (to an extent). Collective bargaining allows them to negotiate better wages, health care etc. Those costs go to the company, and they have to cover those costs somewhow.

Just as Us cities give incentives in the form of tax breaks to attract businesses, other countries do the same in the form of non unions / cheap labor (China).

I agree with your ideas, but where I draw the line is when the share holders have more sway than the workers.
The corporations have not given a squat about the workers for many years now.
Profits only.......now the crows have come home to roost.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
Umm... Americans buy more Chinese crap than anyone. It amounts to about 20% of China's total exports. You really think China want the US to crumble?? I don't think so.

Hell no they don't wan't the US to crumble what they do want is a responsible trading partner whom can repay their debts in full when asked to.
That is the gist of it!
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
At one extreme I simply see China basking in their newly confirmed superiority...but at the other extreme I see a war heating up. Of course the evidence doesn't really point to war, I was just saying that would be the worst case scenario. I would say China is getting a bit too big for their britches, but in reality the US is just getting too small for theirs. Does that make sense? I don't think it did, lol.

A while back I made the comment that things are bad when the commies are telling us to get our act together, and that still rings true to an extent.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

That won't work till you bring your corporations back home from over-seas.
If you can't get Intel or IBM to come home then your eggs are over-seas and no taxes will bring them back.
Regards, Iwinder

Get rid of all the blasted Red Tape smothering US business and we would have the jobs and industry. We are crippled not dead. If the Frackin' government would get the crap out of the way we would recover OK. Instead the government gets in the way as much as it possibly can.

Is it really necessary for the USDA to go after a $5000/ a year bunny farm or waste money on A multi-agency SWAT-style armed raid ... by helmet-wearing, gun-carrying enforcement agents from the LA County Sheriff's Office, the FDA, the Dept. of Agriculture and the CDC on a private food coop???

This is where the strength of the USA lies if only the government would leave us be.

How important are small businesses to the US economy? - SBA.gov

* Employ just over half of all private sector employees.

* Pay 44 percent of total U.S. private payroll.

* Have generated 64 percent of net new jobs over the past 15 years.

* Create more than half of the nonfarm private gross domestic product (GDP).

* Hire 40 percent of high tech workers (such as scientists, engineers, and computer programmers).

* Made up 97.3 percent of all identified exporters and produced 30.2 percent of the known export value in FY 2007.

* Produce 13 times more patents per employee than large patenting firms; these patents are twice as likely as large firm patents to be among the one percent most cited.

Not too shabby is it?

Here is what is holding back the recovery of the USA.

Small businesses losing out to red tape

...you would think cities and states would be overjoyed when someone was willing to open up a new business, bringing with him jobs, economic vitality and tax revenues. You might think that, but you'd be wrong.

Instead, cities and states stifle new small businesses at every turn, burying them in mounds of paperwork; lengthy, expensive and arbitrary permitting processes; pointless educational requirements for occupations; or even just outright bans. Today, the Institute for Justice released a series of studies documenting government-imposed barriers to entrepreneurship in eight cities. In every city studied, overwhelming regulations destroyed or crippled would-be businesses at a time when they are most needed......

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Welshextremist

You are wrong...

This is exactly how TPTB have set this up to fail in order to create the NWO!

This is exactly how they play, A game so structured and perfect that it cant fail.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by misfitofscience
reply to post by Welshextremist

You are wrong...

This is exactly how TPTB have set this up to fail in order to create the NWO!

This is exactly how they play, A game so structured and perfect that it cant fail.

Cool.. Can you link us to the website where they lay all of that out.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

One of the stipulations China had with the US when we started letting them produce our goods was that we had to give China the ability to use our technology too.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
When will the world realize that the USA has been defeated by an enemy that never needed military supremacy, and never needed to fire a single weapon?

Once the USA is isolated in its decline China will execute their plans to destroy any possibility of recovery for the new FORMER global leader and super-power.

If you set aside your opinions on China for a moment, you have to admire the pure brilliance in their decades long plan to destroy the USA and China's rise to be the new supreme global economic power.

They can talk bold all they want, there isn't a damned thing the USA can, or will do about it now.

It's all over but the crying, someone start passing around the tissues now.

edit on 7-8-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

Sorry but China can not economically sustain itself domestically at this point or in the near future.
If John and Betty from Wichita, Kansas can't afford to shop at Walmart, and the millions of others like them, China will suffer badly. They are smart enough to know that. That is why they are so pissed at us.
They are lashing out in fear and frustration.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
What happens when countries don't play ball with America? WAR!

3rd

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AstroBuzz
What happens when countries don't play ball with America? WAR!

3rd

Hahahahha....

Got to love the fearmongering.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

If you set aside your opinions on China for a moment, you have to admire the pure brilliance in their decades long plan to destroy the USA and China's rise to be the new supreme global economic power.

They can talk bold all they want, there isn't a damned thing the USA can, or will do about it now.

How about the USA declaring war on China? That's about the only thing the US can do. Face the facts, it's game over for the dollar as being the world pegged currency.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

For the third time in the past 2 days, China needs to shut their mouth or it will be shut for them.

How exactly do you plan on doing that without bringing America down with them? You stop buying their goods, they stop buying debt and both lose. You can't fight them militarily either because you're overextended as it is without fighting another 2 billion people.

All you are doing is akin to raising your fist in the air and shaking it while screaming loudly "USA USA USA". Meanwhile your country slowly gurgles down the toilet......

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

Sorry but China can not economically sustain itself domestically at this point or in the near future.
If John and Betty from Wichita, Kansas can't afford to shop at Walmart, and the millions of others like them, China will suffer badly. They are smart enough to know that. That is why they are so pissed at us.
They are lashing out in fear and frustration.

I imagine the Chinese are royally ticked because the Rothschild bankers hooked them but good and now they realize it. After all they probably have some one reading ATS.

....JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. In Asia Pacific, J.P. Morgan operates through 27 offices in 15 countries and has built its business over a history of almost 160 years in the region.

J.P. Morgan commenced operations in China in 1921 with the opening of an office in Shanghai. Today, J.P. Morgan in China offers its clients a wide range of services across investment banking, risk management, commodities, cash management, trade finance, loans, foreign exchange and derivatives, asset management, futures brokerage and private equity. The firm serves Chinese and international corporates, financial institutions and government agencies through its network of offices and branches in Beijing, Shanghai, Tianjin, Guangzhou, Chengdu, Harbin and Zhongshan..... www.jpmorganchina.com.cn...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I wouldn't be surprised to find out the US has a few plans up its sleeve too. Don't count us out just yet. Now I have to add a sentence to get to a second line.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tippys Dad
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I wouldn't be surprised to find out the US has a few plans up its sleeve too. Don't count us out just yet. Now I have to add a sentence to get to a second line.

The downgrade can and most likely will affect the value of the dollar, making our goods cheaper. It just devalued the amount of debt China is holding since its now worth less.

I think long term it will give us a slight edge. Just as China had when their currency wqas in the same area. Im wondering if this is something the US asked for, the downgrade, in an effort to throw china off its game. It might explain why they are so pissed.
edit on 7-8-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
ah ha! This is the reason USA may convert to Euro...

part of UN strategy or fail safe measure. It would strengthen them against the China dollar...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
What are we to make of this escalating war of words coming from Beijing? is it orchestrated for a purpose that is not what it seems on the surface? Or is it simply an eruption of anger? Keep in mind that China, like everywhere else, is not a unified power bloc internally, and that different internal players are trying to wrangle the situation for domestic reasons.

Very good point in which people need to look at as well, things are not all that they seem in China from the outside.

Impeachment Time: Obama Grants Eminent Domain Rights to China to Secure Debt

Because it looks like our wonderful new administration is granting the Chinese eminent domain as collateral for US debts. Yea you read that right. That means when we can no longer pay for all this massive spending the Chinese can call in the loans and take our land.

The thought that American citizens and businesses could lose their land as a means of payment is downright scary. I highly doubt ANY American citizen would have voted for Obama if they knew this was coming down the pike.

Also, what about the possibility of the Amero coming about?
edit on 7-8-2011 by Acidrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidrain

China's Debt Problem Worse than Portugal

China is going to be exposed.... They are not as financially stable as what they want the world to think.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Just wanted to address something here, you would actually be incredibly surprised at how affluent Chinese society is becoming, my family were over there recently and to be honest I was completely shocked. It seems that, at least in the cities, Chinese society is becoming incredibly affluent. Soon they will be able to support their own economy and won't need to rely on the west buying their goods because their own people will be able to afford them.

I don't think people really have an accurate picture of what it is ACTUALLY like in China, you would be surprised guys, they're living pretty large......

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Originally posted by Iwinder
The party is over and you cannot afford one more war than you have now without people actually starving to death.

Agreed. We'd have to trade our 2001 mint condition Afghanistan War card, our 2002 mint condition Iraq War card, and our 2011 Lybian War ookie card for the 2011 Gem Mint 10 China War special issue card.... but you have to break some eggs to make an omelet.

Don't kid yourself. The US, if pushed on the issue, would whip the daylights of of China in a war. That will remain the fact of the matter so long as the US doesn't do something immensely stupid like strip their military down or purposely level themselves versus the rest of the playing field.

I'm sorry, but there is no chance that the US could win a war with China, not with what you have going on now, and even if you weren't fighting loads of wars already, they have a billion more people than you, mostly farmers who are really scared of their government and will go to war for them. There is a common goal and China is well prepared. Also if you decided to go to war with China, I'm pretty sure they could muster up a lot more support in this time, given their current standing and also taking into account the fact that most of the world pretty much despises the states.

My opinion of course, but I think it would be foolish to go to war with China, some very hard realities would be realized very quickly I think.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join