It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dollar to Be 'Discarded' by World: China Rating Agency

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by silent thunder

Just want to point out that China's Debt Rating is far lower than ours, even after the change? Important point I think.

China's power is highly overrated, over reported and rife with propaganda. This is just more propaganda.

The difference is Chinas economy is one the way up and the US economy is only going to get worse.

What China has done is brilliant, the US have proved they can only try to get things done with killing and even then, it doesnt work out most of the time. China has destroyed the US with a lot of help from the US itself.

All done without firing a single bullet.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
China has done well to support and buy US bonds for as long as it has. This latest debacle over the debt ceiling has only just confirmed that the US has gone rogue with its credit and the system is unsustainable. Like how can 2.5 trillion just disappear in a week? Surly that money must have gone somewhere or has the economy gone that far into fairy land? The social infrastructure needs a stable system to manage the forces of supply and demand, not a monopoly game where the winner takes all as everything else falls apart.

Go China, kick these evil ####### out and build something that works.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

i think you have underestimated china

at the height of the recession their economy still had gdp growth something like 2%
their minimum wage is shooting up because their economy is growing so fast
they are on good terms with oil producing countries unlike america
they have a vast amount of gold! which everyone would like to get their hands on
they have russia and maybe soon iran to pump plenty of oil to them
they export a hell of a lot

now picture this.. china eating and having the same standard of living as america
how would america cope with the food demand ???
it would be like brazil where all the food goes abroad while eveyone else starves!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Welshextremist
reply to post by vermonster

ALL empires die the same way, why would it change this time round?

the nwo has lost because they couldnt be bothered to balance their books

unlike the USA and my shytty country, china wont bomb everyone into submission for influence

???

The fall of the dollar is the beginning of the NWO... this has been the prediction for at minimum two decades. The NWO is purposefully collapsing the dollar... so they can issue a new currency... In order to do this... they will have to form a union with the surrounding countries to add strength to the "new currency." This union is the NAU (1/10 the whole of The NWO.)

This is the NWO in it's completed form.... The collapse of the dollar is a requirement to form the NAU which is the light blue section in the top right corner... for those that don't know their geography.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

well im pretty sure chinas money wont be that valuable after the first couple of nukes wipeout a few cities including beijing. Sorry to break it to ya but the reason we have no money is we have built the worlds largest arsenal and we did not build it for nothing. keep runnin your mouth china you cant even take care of your billions of people so what now?????? huh?????

I'm not sure if this quote if from you as your post seems to be pretty much all in the quote box but I'll reply as if it is and apologies if it's not.

And do you not think there's just as many nukes pointed at you by other nations, if your country starts throwing nukes about there'll be just as many coming back at you

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Absolutely right. We stop buying, they go down. It is that simple.

Ah, if it were only that simple.

Try it, I dare you.

By the way, China is well prepared for a trade war with the USA, and willing to weather short term sacrifices for long term status as the new predominant global economic leader and superpower.

The USA can't and will not do anything, China will continue to rise, and the US economy will continue a steady decline... If you want to see that steady decline literally over night turn into complete economic collapse, initiate a trade war with China now, boycotts of "made in China" products, new high tariffs etc.

Go for it.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

You're still ignoring the true conditions in China. You see by buying our debt, they can only prosper on that move if we do well.

They do have one out. They could kill half their citizens?

We are their customers; no customers the whole house of cards comes down on their heads. All this other talk is just propaganda and nothing more.

Also China is in the middle of a huge catastrophe right now. Out of sight of the camera's right now there are no doubt millions starving. They are relocating Farmers because they are running out of water. Their solutions are only temporary. Their rivers are sewers and many are running dry. They have a permanent brown cloud hovering over them due to using old, cheap to operate style Coal Plants.

What worries me more is what will China do when the it all come crashing down? ...and it will.

China's two class system has doomed half their citizens to massive suffering. What will the eventual revolt look like I wonder?
edit on 8/7/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
Well then, the answer here is painfully obvious. Monday morning, enact the largest tarriffs on Chinese produced goods entering the US ever seen. I'm talking about hundreds of percetage points worth of import tarrifs. We'll see how Big Red feels about the US dollar when they're suddenly seeing scarcely any of them feeding their country anymore.

For the third time in the past 2 days, China needs to shut their mouth or it will be shut for them.

I was going to say the same thing. Tax & tariff China's goods at an insane level....hell, ban their goods like we have done with Cuba. Essentially, drive China out of the US economy. We need to produce those imported goods ourselves anyway...that's where the jobs are. Sure, we will pay more for the goods, but China will be hit harder. I'm left scratching my head as to why, knowing for years that China is waging economic war, does the US sit on their collective thumbs without countering China's economic aggression.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
america cant survive a day without mc donalds!

what are YOU going to do when china starts buying up land in africa and south america
to feed their army of citizens

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

It seems to me that your words are more based on your own hate than reality. We will have to agree to disagree here.

If you think China wants its customers to go broke, you need to rethink your sources. If you think the people of China are living the good life, you're not paying attention. China is on a huge spending and buying binge. Their environment is on the brink. Their future is directly tied to the health of the Dollar.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Again, this is a redistribution of wealth and power, the USA's wealth and power, mostly to China.

THE WHOLE WORLD is not the USA.

China doesn't suffer with the USA, yet you think they are and will?

If that is how most of the people in our government think, then no wonder we are where we are now.

*Off to study Chinese languages*

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Welshextremist

The NWO doesn't lose. They planned all of this from the very beginning.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Just more tough talk, and a lot that is going around lately. Let them saber rattle to their hearts content. If I remember correctly from history did not Japan have the same rhetoric as the Chinese now? They pushed their weight around a little here and a little there, and before long all trade with the US was suspended. Japan responded with Pearl Harbor and the rest as they say is history.

If the US was smart they would tread very carefully going forward, and that goes for the Chinese as well. All the Chinese are doing is trying to coax the US into action or provocation. With that, I believe the US had ought to take the same initiative.Lets have a national staring contest and see who blinks first. It is blatantly obvious the Chinese are straddling the realm of another Cold War. From cyber attacks on the infrastructure in the US, rampant espionage, pushing weight around in the Pacific, venomous rhetoric, making friends with opponents to the US, resource grabs in Africa, and many other troubling activities. Time to draw the line in the sand and let the chips fall where they may.

To be honest, the Chinese are a formidable foe and certainly one to be mindful of. This could very well be the early stages of the United State's darkest hour? The walls are closing in, and a lot of it has do with astronomical deficit spending to go along with serious lapses in its principles. Furthermore, unbalanced trade agreements is another reason for the woes being felt in the US.

Do the people of America have the grit and the perseverance of their parents and grandparents during World War II? Will everyone be willing to put aside their petty pursuits to come together and face the Chinese or any nation should the need arise? Will America's friends come to its aide if the need presents itself? Serious soul searching and reflection is in order now more than ever if the US is going to salvage the prestige it once had and more or less survive. All is not lost, but some serious trials and tribulations are on deck. The shots have been fired over the bow. Will the politicians heed the warnings and read the tea leaves? Will the American people see it as well? The chickens have come home to roost! Tough days ahead!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Welshextremist

the nwo has lost because they couldnt be bothered to balance their books

Pardon me, but where are you coming up with this kind of stuff? Don't you understand that the economic collapse of the USA was a of the PLAN for the NWO?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

You should realise that the rest of the world is dumping the USA big time. Your time in the sun is over.
We don't need the USA any longer, what with your stupid wars in countries you have no need to be involved in.
h

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

No, they can quite easily wipe out that investment when the US fails, it will be a fraction of the cost that it would have taken if they tried to become the worlds super power by force.

Youre not naive enough to believe China was buying up the US hoping to make money on it? They were doing it to make it fail.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Absolutely right. We stop buying, they go down. It is that simple.

Complete nonsense.

China would be much better off buying their own goods rather than giving them to the U.S for free. The U.S really isn't needed anymore. Would they benefit if the U.S collapsed? No, but they wouldn't be hurt much by it either.
edit on 7-8-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
i find it very telling how china wants to dominate the post American world in the recent remarks they made on a new reserve currency, although i find it unlikely that the yuan would become the successor to the usd, they probably know that as well and are just trying to rush the inevitable collapse as they see it, and profit anywhere they can.
edit on 7-8-2011 by CENSORED because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2011 by CENSORED because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CENSORED

i find it very telling how china wants to dominate the post American world in the recent remarks they made on a new reserve currency

China and most of the world want stability in the global economy, not a money junkie using accounting tricks and games that are designed to confuse and corrupt the system. The SDR (Special Drawing Rights) is one system the IMF has been looking at and uses a collection of currencies as the global reserve. The SDR started as a way to facilitate international transactions after WW2. There are a lot of technicalities and implications that do need to be worked through if it is to become a viable solution.

I am not sure what other options are available without hitting the reset button and sending the whole system to hell as this is the path things are on. Gold, silver, some assets, all assets or nothing are a lot of common suggestions to back a currency. My preference is for population backed as this will balance the money supply to the demands of the population and will get rid of inflation and deflation. Some bankers do not like this as cuts into their interest profits and nations cannot just print more money to raise revenue at the cost of inflation.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
All this China this America that is BS!! It's 1 freaking planet in a Solar System in a Galaxy with a Billion Solar Systems that is contained in a Universe of Infinite Galaxies.....So if you look at it, its all pretty pointless! But its all we sorry ass humans have......Also Anybody who thinks America will lose in a war because it cant pay it's soldiers have no idea what our military's capable of if we take off the political handcuffs....Make no mistake we may not all wanna fight overseas in wars we don't want but we damn sure will fight to the last without pay on our home land!!! Mutual Destruction is Assured so the world needs ta chill out.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join