It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the pipe line.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I have a feeling somethin big is about to happen there is a lot going on lately like the terroists convicted today with plans to hit parts of the usa and the fact that terroist cells all over the world have gone quiet which could probably explain an imminent attack of unknown whereabouts very soon. As an ex military intelligence operative i take great interest in terroism however i feel our intelligence our about to let us down. I think the terroists are becoming far too clever and i believe something big is on the agenda.

channels.aolsvc.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 17-8-2004 by thesaint]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I tend to agree with you thesaint.Have had a nagging gut feeling that there is something wrong with the whole picture concerning all the reports over the last while.Mystery vehicles,middle eastern men taking pix and videos of facilities,dry runs on aircraft.All are way too obvious and I feel these people have way more smarts than they show.Hopefully the PTB know which direction they should be looking and don't want to tip thier hand.I think there is alot of underestimating on the part of the public and that when the shtf it will be mindblowing.I truly hope I'm wrong but does not feel right.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I agree and i too hope that we may be wrong for the sake of all the innocent people out there however i believe things are hotting up and sad as it is i believe a drastic attack on either the u.s. or british mainland is imminent.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Personally I think it will be the U.S.Main reason--its size.Britian is smaller and they seem to be more on the ball what with thier years of experience with the IRA.The U.S borders two countries that don't seem to give a damn or they still don't take all this seriously enough.Reports today of beefing up security on can/us border but I think its too little too late.Those that are going to do the deed(s) are more likely than not already poised.The psychological war in all this is the terrorists deadliest weapon it seems.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mewzik
Personally I think it will be the U.S.Main reason--its size.Britian is smaller and they seem to be more on the ball what with thier years of experience with the IRA.The U.S borders two countries that don't seem to give a damn or they still don't take all this seriously enough.Reports today of beefing up security on can/us border but I think its too little too late.Those that are going to do the deed(s) are more likely than not already poised.The psychological war in all this is the terrorists deadliest weapon it seems.

As a Canadian who travels extensively into the U.S, I must object to your blanket statement. For starters, I listened in absolutle disbelief when after 9/11, Canada was blamed for the infiltration by the hijackers. Now I see a similar tactic, yet more subtle.

The fact is, and has been for as long as I can remember, that all individuals departing Canada for destination United States, must pass through U.S Immigration and Customs, without exception. That means that at the time of screening, whether it takes place at a bridge, or an airport, the onus on accepting a visitor, or immigrant rests solely in the hands of U.S Immigration and Customs.

There is no excuse for lackadaisical procedure by U.S immigration, that would or could point a finger to Canada not giving a damn.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I hate to break this to you, but it is quite easy to move across the Canadian/US border. I drive a truck, and often cross without being given a second glance. I could have ANYTHING in my trailer, yet noone ever says a word. Besides, there are many less secure places to cross than the Ambassador or the Peace Bridge. Port Huron, the U.P., etc. many easy access throughfares I use , especially if I am coming from the Hudson Bay area.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by everlastingnoitall
I hate to break this to you, but it is quite easy to move across the Canadian/US border. I drive a truck, and often cross without being given a second glance. I could have ANYTHING in my trailer, yet noone ever says a word. Besides, there are many less secure places to cross than the Ambassador or the Peace Bridge. Port Huron, the U.P., etc. many easy access throughfares I use , especially if I am coming from the Hudson Bay area.

Break it to me all you will, the fact remains that when crossing from Canada into the US, Customs and immigrations duty rests with the U.S, not Canada.

Hence, I stand by my statement, that any lax policy resides state side.

[edit on 8/18/04 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
The problem is not with us allowing people to cross the the border.The problem is how easy it is to get into Canada and stay.Yes I agree with your point on US immigration allowing people to cross not Canada customs but we should at least stop being an open gateway into north america. Also I don't think anyone wanting to enter the states is going to go thru a border crossing.Where I live there is alot of places to cross .Lots of valleys and thick bush.Too easy.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   

The problem is not with us allowing people to cross the the border.The problem is how easy it is to get into Canada and stay.Yes I agree with your point on US immigration allowing people to cross not Canada customs but we should at least stop being an open gateway into north america. Also I don't think anyone wanting to enter the states is going to go thru a border crossing.Where I live there is alot of places to cross .Lots of valleys and thick bush.Too easy.

Perhaps you can tell us how easy it is to get into Canada and stay, and compare that to slipping into the U.S from the Mexican border, or as a visitor and staying.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween

Perhaps you can tell us how easy it is to get into Canada and stay, and compare that to slipping into the U.S from the Mexican border, or as a visitor and staying.

Well Iget on a plane with a fake passport and just before we land or even after we land I destroy and or get rid of the passport and any other papers I am carrying.Then I ask for refugee status.I am then given a hearing date which will be 6 months to a year down the road.I'm released on my own recgnisance(sp) and I disappear blending into one of the many communities
across the coutry from my neck of the woods.Then I walk across at many of the unprotected points across this vast unprotected border.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I, too, have the feeling that something is "in the air". I keep telling myself that it is pure paranoia on my part. However, there are too many weird occurances to easily dismiss. I hope I (and all of you) are wrong. Personally, I think the hit will be (in order of probability) 1. US 2. Rome 3. UK.
joey

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Well Iget on a plane with a fake passport and just before we land or even after we land I destroy and or get rid of the passport and any other papers I am carrying.Then I ask for refugee status.I am then given a hearing date which will be 6 months to a year down the road.I'm released on my own recgnisance(sp) and I disappear blending into one of the many communities
across the coutry from my neck of the woods.Then I walk across at many of the unprotected points across this vast unprotected border.

Obtaining a fake passport is not difficult, that will get you into any country, including the USA, so there is no reason to stop over in Canada. A visit to Mexico will gain you quicker access into the US. But that will be as far as your plan gets you. When you board your flight or ship, you need that passport and a visa (since you must be from a designated human rights violations country). Your name according to that documentation, along with country of birth citizenship etc, is recorded on the passenger manifest.

11. (1) A foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act.

16. (1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
(2) In the case of a foreign national,
(a) the relevant evidence referred to in subsection (1) includes photographic and fingerprint evidence; and

You will be asked what travel documents you used to travel to Canada, if you say none, then a check of the passenger roster upon arrival will show that all but one passenger has cleared immigration, that passenger would then be you. You would have been caught in a lie from the onset and probably not even given further consideration, and immediately detained.

3) A permanent resident or a foreign national may, on entry into Canada, be detained if an officer
(a) considers it necessary to do so in order for the examination to be completed; or
(b) has reasonable grounds to suspect that the permanent resident or the foreign national is inadmissible on grounds of security or for violating human or international rights

20. (1) Every foreign national, other than a foreign national referred to in section 19, who seeks to enter or remain in Canada must establish,
(a) to become a permanent resident, that they hold the visa or other document required under the regulations and have come to Canada in order to establish permanent residence; and
(b) to become a temporary resident, that they hold the visa or other document required under the regulations and will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay.
40. (1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation
(a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act;
(2) An officer may, without a warrant, arrest and detain a foreign national, other than a protected person,

top topics

join