It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exposed! A guide to making crop circles

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I found a guide to making crop circles at Cropcirclemakers.com so i thought id post just a few of thier guidelines for people here at ATS to see and discuss as a lot of members have said in the past that they cant imagine how people make these things and manage fool the general public / scientific community. This info just goes to prove just how much thought and effort is made in creating a hoax.

The Drop Off

After ensuring that you haven't been followed from the pub, drive to the field and unload the roller and stalk-stomper (the measuring tape can be carried in a pocket or rucksack). Be careful to leave the equipment in a place easily recognisable in darkness - near a gate or large bush, for instance. Then drive to a sensible place and park. It is worth remembering that an empty vehicle may arouse suspicion if it's left in a lay-by or farm track, or lazily by the side of the field. Our own advice is to park in the nearest village close to other vehicles. Then, quietly and invisibly walk back to the field.

Creating

Establish the centre of your first circle about two metres in from the tram-line, walking in an angled, loping stride so as not to leave an obvious path to the centre. Make the centre by turning on an axis of your standing foot whilst dragging the crop down with the other (a beautifully nested centre - yet another proof of genuineness - can be fashioned with the hands. This will also increase the likelihood of positive results in any subsequent micro-biological study). Alternatively; expertly laid centres can be fashioned by using a stalk-stomper or roller (individual circle-makers tend to develop their own individual style of centre - acting as a subtle form of signature). As the perimeter widens, move away from the centre to create a space about one metre across - you are now ready to form the outer perimeter. If you are working alone, place a barbeque stick in or near the centre, attaching your tape through the loop before walking out to your chosen radius. Be sure to walk the perimeter in the same direction - clockwise or anti-clockwise - as your centre, dragging one foot as you go, thereby leaving a narrow but visible trail. If the tape is kept taught you will eventually return to your starting point. You are now ready to roll, or stomp the rest of the circle. N.B. At certain angles, a breeze may cause the taught tape to vibrate and make a loud, mysterious, whooping noise. Do not be alarmed. This noise, under scientific analysis, has been identified as a residual effect of the true circle maker.

T H E C I R C L E - Flow, and Multiple Layering

A circle flattened from the inside out will produce a radial lay, made famous by Bower & Chorley, and worshipped by people like Colin Andrews, the 'World's Foremost Authority on Crop Circles and UFOs' - whilst the reverse will result in a near concentric, tangentental flow, "like water", as described by lesser cerealogists. Both, naturally, are regarded as genuine, un-hoaxable effects, as is practically any consequential artefact of construction. The wide latitude for genuineness given by expert researchers allows for a great freedom of expression. In conjunction with circles, avenues, crescents, key shapes, web shapes, rings, and arcs, there are myriad ideas you can introduce to your formation - complexity will always prove popular. But while it is the author's dream that the bread-belt be filled with a zen-like aesthetic, we concede that it is purely a matter of taste. However, we do suggest that you apply some deftness to the joining of these elements. REMEMBER - Even if you later claim to have made your formation, it will only be dismissed as 'fake' if it is initially suspected that you work for, or know anyone from, the media. Before leaving your completed formation, always check that you have not left anything behind. Sweet wrappers, cigarette butts, empty beer cans, or string, whilst not necessarily regarded as signs of human involvement, may create extra work for early-bird researchers.

Preparation

1 - Choose location depending upon visibility. A field rising up from the road, or a natural amphitheatre in full view of the road, make perfect circles sites.

2 - Dowse potential location to establish earth energies. If a formation is located on a powerful ley-line this will satisfy later tests for genuineness, and aid in curative effects, healings, orgone accumulation, angelic visions, benign alien abduction experiences, and feelings of general well-being. WARNING - If the formation is situated contra-directionally to the flow of energy, this may result in the opposite effects; headaches, nausea, temporary limb-paralysis, aching joints, mental illness, deadly-orgone-radiation (DOR) exposure, demonic visions, negative abduction scenarios (memory loss, implant scarring, sore or bleeding anii, navels, and genitals, etc), and general disillusionment. With no condonement by the authors, this may be of interest to satanists.

3 - Plan design to incorporate earth energies. Some of you may decide to work from a diagram, while others may wish to rely upon spontaniety... this is purely a matter of preference. Remember that a diagram may not be easily read in total darkness - it is important not to use a torch as this may be spotted by nearby crop watchers.

4 - Once location and design have been decided, retire to a local pub and wait for darkness. If the location is in a well known circles-prone area you may be able to pick up useful intelligence on the plans of the crop watchers (cerealogists). These cerealogists are often very public about their intentions, freely giving information on their own view-points, hide-outs, equipment (whether or not they have access to infra-red image intensifiers, CB radio operating channels, etc. They often even divulge where they are putting their own circles, which may prove useful. It is not advisable to actually talk to these people as inwardly- spiralling arguments invariably develop which will eat into the time you have allotted to real circle-making. This might lead to a smaller event, therefore defeating the object of your argument.

I found this next part quite interesting :

Ritual

Before starting, a simple ritual should be performed. Whilst not obligatory, this ritual will assist in causing minimal damage to individual stalks while the crop is being laid. Using a long, curved, razor-sharp blade, cut seven single stalks for every circle planned for the formation. Place each one between thumb and forefinger and stroke until the stem starts to bend. When the stems are bent at a right angle about two inches from their base, place each sheaf at the centre of each proposed circle. If this service is not performed, a greater ratio of breakage will occur. Cerealogists who find a sheaf of sharply cut stems within the finished formation tend to automatically see this as a sign of genuineness.

Grapeshot

It is now conceded, even by the luniest of cerealogists, that 'grapeshot' circles, or 'signatures' - small circles, usually about 1 metre across, and separate from the main formation - could be regarded as of human manufacture. This type of official alert often precedes dismissal as a genuine component. There are some circle makers, meanwhile, who swear by them - different tags for different groups. Discretion is advised, however, as compulsively making grapeshot circles as you walk out of the field leaves a really naff trail to your exit.

Genuineness

A formation will be deemed genuine if:

1 - you are not caught making it.

2 - the pattern represents a shape which leading cerealogists could regard as of symbolic importance, and, therefore, useful on the proselyting lecture circuit, e.g. mandalas, Atlantean script, etc.

Any particular formation might develop its own individual folklore if:

1 - it is made in a field which cerealogists later claim to have been watching.

2 - light phenomena is associated with it.

3 - audio phenomena is associated with it, especially in conjunction with 'd'.

4 - mysterious substances are found in it - particularly if these substances are subjected to scientific analysis and found to be, 'not of this earth'.

5 - a publicised prediction is circulated beforehand (this practice, however, may result in the pattern being repeated in a neighbouring, or the same, field). n.b. if you do correctly predict a formation, or rash of formations, it is important, like all good mystics, to exude the public manner of an enigmatic... this may bring offers of fee-earning consultation, or invitations to lecture, etc.

6 - see '2' above.

REMEMBER - The discovery of a formation within a 10 mile radius of any local Centre for Crop Circle Studies (CCCS) group will also ensure genuineness.

I realise that this isnt going to convince any die hard believers and it might even encourage a few more people to go out and make fake circles but that cant be helped. ATS is all about denying ignorance so i thought the info was worth posting.

These are just a few selected points from their guide and doesnt explain the entire process or all the tools they use ,theres plenty more info and tips at the site (Source).

Remeber this is a guide written by one single group. They are not representing every single crop circle makers group in the world so different groups will have used different variations on these methods that might not exactly fit these points i have listed here. Also there is more info at the site i have not posted that even speaks about leaving strange substances at the site for people to find including hospital waste.

A lot of people ask why dont more crop circle makers come forward if they are making them and i have to words two explain this criminal damage. Its the same reason the street artist Banksy doesnt own up to his work. Also a lot of these groups get a real kick out of fooling everyone. Dont forget that some people make a lot of money selling books , videos and doing talks on how crop circles are made by UFO's / aliens and its not out of the realms of imagination that they are out there making these things to bump up sales.

edit on 7-8-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
debunk the best...

...then you debunk the rest

www.greatdreams.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Welshextremist

Not necessarily. I still think the older ones are genuine.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

While I don't doubt that many circles are made by people, it still doesn't explain how some appear in a matter of a few hours over an English night, right beside highways and heavily traversed roads, with no witnesses to it being made at all. Surely it would take 5 or more hours to make some of these designs and to do them at night would require at least one light if it were one person, and probably an extra light for every extra person helping. So I still think that there is a bigger explanation for some circles.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

like the mowing devil? yeah true

call me crazy, but i always thought that an ET version of ats was trying to get in touch with earth via crop circles because their government wont let them... yep i am crazy, thought so

edit on 7/8/2011 by Welshextremist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
They didn't include how to make the SOLD gold , brass and bronze dinner size plates and bury them under the crop circle with the same design of the crop circle "idea"..

edit on 7-8-2011 by Julie Washington because: Edited out unnescesary comment

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsAnOddFuture

Surely it would take 5 or more hours to make some of these designs

I guess it depends how many people you use for the job. Ive seen Youtube videos that use more that 3 people to make their circles so its not impossible to imagine using 10 or more. Also sometimes the makers start off with a smaller design and if it isnt imediately discovered they go back the following night and make the design larger. There are plenty of documented cases where crop circles have inceased in size over a few nights.

to do them at night would require at least one light if it were one person

dont forget one of the points mentioned above

Any particular formation might develop its own individual folklore if:

2 - light phenomena is associated with it.

Also if you check out the Tools section on their site you will see that some of them use an Infrared image intensifier.

1. Stalk-stomper, two piece 6 ft model.
2. Stalk-stomper, one piece 4ft model.
3. Ball of pre-stretched nylon string.
4. 2 ft long marking pole.
5. 100ft plastic surveying tape.

Not shown here:
6. OS Pathfinder map (field boundaries and pathways).

Optional equipment includes:
7. Infrared image intensifier
8. Dowsing rods/pendulum

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

how do they make 3d crop circles then.. like i said if you debunk the best you debunk the rest (sort of)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
This post only confirms the old debunker rule:

If the evidence doesn't support your claims, make up your own facts to support your claims..

Thinking people could produce complex designs in the dark, without lights, and without damaging the crops is absolutely hilarious..

So far, no human made circles have ever suffered certain physiological effects, as well as magnetic and radioactive effects that most genuine circles present..

Perhaps if we could witness humans making those circles, or if those people would ever come forward and show us their superior technology to induce those particular effects, then maybe debunking crop circles would be easier..

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

This is just a general guide written by one single group from the UK. they are not saying they made every crop circle in the world.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I thought it was common knowledge that the more complex crop circles were all faked and only the simple, plain round ones, that show measurable anomalies were real... (like no breakage in the stalks, or weird happenings like batteries going dead, or weird measurable energies, or other terminology that I'm forgetting.... )

I could be wrong (I'm bored and really digging for quality threads atm, forgive my intrusion, stupid sundays)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

Originally posted by Forevever
I thought it was common knowledge that the more complex crop circles were all faked and only the simple, plain round ones, that show measurable anomalies were real... (like no breakage in the stalks, or weird happenings like batteries going dead, or weird measurable energies, or other terminology that I'm forgetting.... )

Id like to address this part of crop circle making and this is something i mentioned in another thread by NewAgeMan. This is my own theory:

When people make these crop circles at night there is a lot of condensation on the stems which makes them wet easier to 'bend'. All plants absorbe moisture at night Then when the sun comes up the condenation evaporates and the stems dry out and people cant work out how the stems can be bent without breaking.

As for "weird measurable energies" one possible explanation is mentioned in point 2 of the "Preparation" section of the OP.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Why do we never see flawed or partially completed crop circles? Surely the odd one would appear from time to time. Just a thought!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

ahhh good idea - I never considered moisture
though I pretty much had made up my own mind that even the little round ones, are real crop circles, but created by some weather type of phenomenon (not necessarily ships landing)

Thank you for clarifying.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
They didn't include how to make the SOLD gold , brass and bronze dinner size plates and bury them under the crop circle with the same design of the crop circle "idea"..

As far as I know, that only happened once, so does it mean that is the only "real" crop circle?

PS: one thing I noticed on most sites where I saw that case, the gold plate was not shown on the photos, do you know why?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Welshextremist

It's just another 2D drawing, like all other crop circles.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

There have been some very important UFO sightings in the past where small rough circles have supposed to have been left behind by alien craft. I think these are a whole different kettle of fish from these huge complex designs and im not trying to say that they are hoax's to.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SirLaughalot

Sometimes we do, but those are usually ignored.

I will look for some.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

this is why I tend to stay out of the crop circle forum

I'm a believer but I've never had the pleasure of seeing anything weird myself.
Therefore I believe blindly. In aliens. Not necessarily crop circles.
Anything I think or say on the matter seems to be wrong, somehow, to someone.

I still appreciate your effort though

it was an interesting read
Better than most today, that I know for sure ♥

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
A few years ago i saw "Crop--Circle Art" as a kind of Advertisement,
sadly i forgot where!
(a Documentary)

I love them, the Crop-Circles, they look brilliant and lovely,
for a confirmation of my believe into Alien Life Forms i do not need them!

I really adore some of this People who create CC.,
it is very difficult to keep something so beautiful secret, at least for me!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join