It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blaming the "Tea Party" for the credit downgrade?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Wow, that's your reply? I expected much better from you. You're going to deflect my last debatable statement with a quote? And you don't even offer your own thoughts relating to said quote? It doesn't even strongly tie into what we were talking about. Simply a generic quote. One that I could of turned around and used on you!

I'm truly disappointed. But I feel victorious nonetheless.

Goodnight.
edit on 8-8-2011 by brianmg5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by brianmg5

there is no point in continuing a conversation why?

i am wrong ok fine so why continue i cant change your mind you cant change mind.

so continue and move on? or continue to shove opinions down each other throats

is nothing but an exercise in futility.

that hilarious victorious there are no winners on here everyone leaves the threads the same way they go into them

edit on 8-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

You talk of compromise, the pols talk of compromise, the president talks of compromise.

When a thief holds a gun to you, the only compromise you'll find is how many times he shoots you!

So no compromise, no retreat, no surrender, no deal-making, no secret handshake deals.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

The Tea Party is to blame. Most of them said outright, they will not vote for the debt ceiling increase under any circumstances. This makes perfect sense to people who don't realize that the debt ceiling needed to be raised, not for new spending but for existing spending.

the TP wanted to cut spending, period!

not raise the DC to accommodate existing spending or future spending.

there was new spending in the bill, compromise on what?

they went ahead and passed that sorry a** budget and look what happened.

AA+, one step ahead of china, japan, saudi a and isreal.

besides, S+P is no genius either.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

You talk of compromise, the pols talk of compromise, the president talks of compromise.

When a thief holds a gun to you, the only compromise you'll find is how many times he shoots you!

So no compromise, no retreat, no surrender, no deal-making, no secret handshake deals.

You just summarized the problem with the Tea Party. They think that forcing their ideals on the rest of America is the "right" thing to do. When in reality, it's having the opposite effect.

Instead of creating a healthy economy, they've now made it worse. If they only would have taken a balanced grand deal, we wouldn't be here.

You talk of the unwillingness of the left to cut spending when you know full well that their was an offer on the table for 4 trillion dollars with only 900 million in new tax revenue and yet, who rejected it? The Tea Party and the spineless GOP.

The S&P wouldn't have downgraded us, the Tea Party would have gained the respect of the country, and our economy would have been on its way to recovery.
edit on 9-8-2011 by brianmg5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

The Tea Party is to blame. Most of them said outright, they will not vote for the debt ceiling increase under any circumstances. This makes perfect sense to people who don't realize that the debt ceiling needed to be raised, not for new spending but for existing spending.

the TP wanted to cut spending, period!

not raise the DC to accommodate existing spending or future spending.

there was new spending in the bill, compromise on what?

they went ahead and passed that sorry a** budget and look what happened.

AA+, one step ahead of china, japan, saudi a and isreal.

besides, S+P is no genius either.

Hey, you said it! They didn't want to raise the Debt Ceiling and therefore save the economy. Instead they wanted to push their ideals and possibly crash the economy instead.

There are smart solutions and dumb solutions. The Tea Party only offers the latter. They would rather say "NO NO NO" no matter what the consequences for America. And this is the very reason the S&P said we were downgraded.

Thank you for clarifying my point with your own attitude. So I'm guessing then that you have no problem admitting that this same attitude is to blame for the Tea Party downgrade?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
So much talk of compromise...that 'get along' tit gor tat budgetary attitude is what has brought us to this point. Both Dems and Republicans have their pork, their District's 'pet projects' that continually get 'compromised upon' to the result of total out of control spending. The approach has been a Neville Chamberlainesque, 'can't we all just get along.'

The Tea Party has a Churchillian spine..."Never surrender, never surrender, never surrender!!!" History shows which leadership was successful, and which epic failed.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
the 112th congressional makeup is as follows.

in the house 435 members

193 democrats
182 republicans
60 teaparty

This is wrong. There is no Tea PARTY. They are Republicans They ran as Republican and are Republicans.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Undertough

Originally posted by neo96
the 112th congressional makeup is as follows.

in the house 435 members

193 democrats
182 republicans
60 teaparty

This is wrong. There is no Tea PARTY. They are Republicans They ran as Republican and are Republicans.

Exactly.

You are a fool if you believe that nonsense about the TP being some kind of separate movement

What may have started out as a separate movement, has been infiltrated and assimilated just like every other 'movement' that gains steam.

But still, you cannot blame the tea party nuts for what is going on

Our country is being run by bankers, the MIC, and other elite corporate interests

Obama gets on TV, gives half hearted speeches, and goes back to his world of comfort because he's a good slave. Just like his predecessor.

Congress for the most part is paid for. They pander to you and I based off of things like race, religion, liberalism, conservatism, etc, but when they get into office they serve whoever cuts those checks

Make it illegal for corporations to fund campaigns, and outlaw lobbyists in Washington and things will change.
edit on 9-8-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Seriously...To blame any single group for the debt is laughable.

You may not like the Tea Party, but you better get used to them.

I see this group growing larger by 2012.

People like the idea of balanced budget.

It does not seem to be asking too much.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

The GOP and the TP own the Downgrade

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Here is the question that many people need to be asking, instead of the blame game:
Did any one in the congress listen? Really, did they listen to what was being stated and said for the past year, 2 years, 3 years, or longer? Surely, all of the incumbents, who have been in Congress and their aids and all of the people who are there, was anyone listening to what was being stated, or did they choose to ignore the signs and what all of the credit agencies were stating?
www.abc12.com...
Well according to this article, S&P was talking about down grading the credit rating in April. 4 months went by, and they did it, yet very few in congress seemed worried about it, very few thought and very few acted on what was put out by them.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

Seriously...To blame any single group for the debt is laughable.

You may not like the Tea Party, but you better get used to them.

I see this group growing larger by 2012.

People like the idea of balanced budget.

It does not seem to be asking too much.

I don't remember blaming the TP for our debt. I'm arguing that the TP is to blame for the S&P downgrade.

And in fact, they are to blame: www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=12020246#pid12020246

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Here are the numbers...

Please read how flat and partisan your argument is.

Out of the 50 candidates that identified themselves as a Tea Party candidate's in 2010

The vote was 23 - 17

58% Yes
42% No

I am not making this stuff up...Here's your Source.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

Here are the numbers...

Please read how flat and partisan your argument is.

Out of the 50 candidates that identified themselves as a Tea Party candidate's in 2010

The vote was 23 - 17

58% Yes
42% No

I am not making this stuff up...Here's your Source.

My argument has nothing to do with how many Tea Party members voted against or for the final legislation. I'm arguing that the S&P downgrade is the fault of the unbending nature the TP members presented throughout the debt ceiling negotiations. And according to statements made by S&P...I'm correct.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

We can agree to disagree.

I just don't like it when nameless, faceless people are vilified.

Who exactly are the people in this Tea Party?

I would submit.....It's people like me and you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join