It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the Recent Debt Ceiling Law Affects Gun Owners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I haven't been able to find much detail on what they just passed. Apparently, most of the details are to be ironed out over the next few months. The republicans jumping up and down over winning this, I know the the dem's have wanted this fast track ability to be able to disregard public will.
[To quote Kentucky Senator Rand Paul from earlier this week:
The Super Committee [created by the new law] limits the constitutional check of the filibuster by expediting passage of bills with a simple majority. The Super Committee is not precluded from any issue [including gun control], therefore the filibuster could be rendered moot.]
gunowners.org...

I would express my opinion on guns. I shot a 12 ga. shotgun when I was 5 yr old. I learned the utmost respect for firearms when it knocked me on my ass real fast. I was educated young and never had an accident. Better to know and not need to than to not be able.
edit on 7-8-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

I was also educated at a young age with weapons. There were courses I took as a child to teach how to correctly handle not only guns, but knives as well. (As on a hunting trip one might need to know this) It also included identifying scat and tracks. I think this should be a course in the early stages of school. Teach children what they can do and how to use them. I would like to believe that ignorance in this case can cause more accidents than prevent them.

However, as we live in a largely biased and fear-based society, we only hear of the negative impacts of weapons.
One rarely hears of the people whose lives were saved. Which can be found if one wishes to look. A little intelligence goes a long way. Something that sadly, most seem to lack in favor of the new App or such other new thing.

I should mention I live in South Dakota, hunting is a big thing here.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

Thanks for posting this up, it also looks like we were trained the same way on firearm respect. My mom had a double barrel 12 gauge, when the day came she loaded one barrel and set me in a chair. Since I was a man I wanted both barrels my mom and cousins laughed and loaded it up. Firing both barrels at once knocked my out of the chair and have had the utmost respect for them ever since.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
My dad and brother were out hunting quail in Az., I kept pestering dad to shoot it. He handed it over and grabbed it before I hit the ground. My education was kind of old school with a lot of things, I do believe in knowing how to live off the land to be a paramount trade.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Im gonna set up a firebreak by artificially trolling....

You people are sick, I can't believe you are in favor of FULL AUTO BABY KILLERS!
It is that kind of mentality that has killed so many people to date, and I hope you guys don't shoot yourselves in the foot with your untrained methodology.

Please,...PLEASE....Leave the fighting to soldiers and police who know how to shoot.

There, that should hopefully break up any of the anti gun comments that are sure to come here.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
Im gonna set up a firebreak by artificially trolling....

You people are sick, I can't believe you are in favor of FULL AUTO BABY KILLERS!
It is that kind of mentality that has killed so many people to date, and I hope you guys don't shoot yourselves in the foot with your untrained methodology.

Please,...PLEASE....Leave the fighting to soldiers and police who know how to shoot.

There, that should hopefully break up any of the anti gun comments that are sure to come here.

Reading that made me giggle a ittle bit. Star to the OP, excellent thread. After reading the article the OP attached in his/her post, my stomach won't settle. It is disturbing to know any form of government could have that much power. To add my 2 cents, firearms are only dangerous in the wrong hands.
edit on 7-8-2011 by rainyday because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join