It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A problem with the cover-up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I think the evidence that some UFO's are alien ships is overwhelming.

That being said, I am still puzzled by some parts of the commonly used cover-up theory.
Many UFOlogists think that the government knows about UFO's, and is trying to conceal this information from the public. Cover-up ideas rocketed after the Roswell Incident was ressurected in 1979, when the witnesses were questioned, and Charles Berlitz and William L. Moore published their book, "The Roswell Incident" in 1980.

I believe a cover-up could very easily have happened. And numerous Government officials have come forward saying there was. Documents have been recovered saying a Coverup did happen (MJ-12), although their authenticity has not been proven or debunked. What I find difficult to believe about a coverup is the motives.

It seems the most common idea is that the nation would panic if they heard about aliens watching us. Personally I've never believed this to be good explanation: According to a 2002 roper poll, 56% of Americans believe that UFO's are real and not imaginary. 48% of americans believe that UFO's have visited earth in some form. And 45% believe intelligent life from other worlds has monitored life on earth. The polls clearly show that nearly half of the american population believes we are being visited, correct? But we do not see half the population running around in fear. That half of the population lives perfectly normal lives.

Would disclosure really be so terrible?
edit on 7-8-2011 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

i think yes.

because that would show that the TPTB have been purposely lying to us for at least 6 decades..

that in itself is a big thing.

and if disclore did happen, i´ve got to be honest i wouldn´t know what to think.
i´ve always supported disclore and thought i was fine about it, but after some deep thinking and contemplating, i really don´t know.

edit on 7-8-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I like this post but I am not sure how accurate the poll you mentioned is...

I know I am not from the US but of all the people I have spoken to about my beliefs on UFO's and ET life out there, I think probably more like only 10% also believe.

Maybe I hang with the wrong crowds...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesearchfortruth

also...

examples, sources or other things?

let me stress that i'm not calling you out or provoking you in any way!
but i'm still on the fence after 5/6 years of research, i'd like to know what makes you sure of alien visitation

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
^
|
|

How come my post is screwed up ?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Half the population believes it, but they don't know for 100% sure, so they don't let it bother their everyday lives. But if people knew without a doubt that they were real, then every single person's perspective on reality would be dramatically altered. It'd be the FIRST paranormal thing to actually be proven. There are a lot of dumb people in the world who would be scared white from those thoughts. Think of dumb people like Paris Hilton and what they'd think. They'd probably freak out and cry. Think about all the religions in the world. There are hundreds. How would they now fit aliens into their religious systems? They would probably think they are demons and woould then try to "abolish" them. Some religious fanatics would probably commit suicide knowing that A) their religion is incorrect or B) that demons are finally showing themselves and the apocalypse is about to happen.
As much as I think disclosure would be cool, I think it'd be too devastating for all the people who don't know how to handle things like that

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
^
|
|

Because little writing is cool, as are you friend

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tachalka

^
|
|

Because little writing is cool, as are you friend

well didn't do anything on purpose..

i'm cool?

that's an ATS first

thanks mate, likewise

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesearchfortruth

also...

examples, sources or other things?

let me stress that i'm not calling you out or provoking you in any way!
but i'm still on the fence after 5/6 years of research, i'd like to know what makes you sure of alien visitation

One of my favorite sightings was the 1976 Tehran UFO. That kinda put me over the edge into believing.

Here is a link to a very interesting video: www.youtube.com...

These implants:
-are manufactured
-they cause no inflamatory response
-connected to nerve endings
-emit radio signals on deep space frequincys
click this link
www.youtube.com...
-have isotopic ratios not found on earth.
-were all found in people who claim to be abducted.

Isotopes are like planetary fingerprints. An element can be known but if its isotopic ratios are different from those found on earth the material can be considered Extra-terrestrial.
edit on Sun Aug 7 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix code

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
For me, one of the best examples of government coverup concerning UFO's is the March 13, 1997 UFO over Phoenix and other parts of Arizona. Thousands of people saw this craft which was over a mile wide and shaped like a triangle. The government did nothing. There was a guy that was hunting and said that this craft hovered right over hiim and it was unbelievably huge. He said that he lifted his rifle and looked at it through his scope and described a circular thing underneath the craft that was brilliantly lit and appeared to make the craft move. He said he was going to fire a round at it, but he got scared of what it might do. There are so many instances within recent years all over the world, yet the government and the msm...mention nothing, or very little. Remember the UFO over the Chicago airport a few years ago? Same thing!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
For Roswell, I still think the government covered up their own crash, The government would rather say a UFO crashed then a Nazi prototype flying disk they may have been trying to fly. Roswell is more likely disinformation to throw off the Soviets. We know the US government would say things at all costs to keep the information secrete.
I would also say it would be taboo to say yea we were testing nazi technology in 47. What would the bank owning Jews think back then?

It is way more likely a test air craft would crash rather than some ET UFO that comes all the way from who knows where and then crashes in a desert. Come on,

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumPhysicist
Half the population believes it, but they don't know for 100% sure, so they don't let it bother their everyday lives. But if people knew without a doubt that they were real, then every single person's perspective on reality would be dramatically altered. It'd be the FIRST paranormal thing to actually be proven. There are a lot of dumb people in the world who would be scared white from those thoughts. Think of dumb people like Paris Hilton and what they'd think. They'd probably freak out and cry. Think about all the religions in the world. There are hundreds. How would they now fit aliens into their religious systems? They would probably think they are demons and woould then try to "abolish" them. Some religious fanatics would probably commit suicide knowing that A) their religion is incorrect or B) that demons are finally showing themselves and the apocalypse is about to happen.
As much as I think disclosure would be cool, I think it'd be too devastating for all the people who don't know how to handle things like that

Thats a good point. Although some religions do accept aliens. I don't know if you heard about the statement issued by the vatican.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The vast majority of the Human population could not handle real disclosure. The masses are just too dumb. As much as I love the idea of tptb officially acknowledging the existence of ETs. I do believe it would mean the end of the world as we know it. Everything would change. I believe it could possibly change our entire way of life. And let's face it, we are a violent species, that just looks for opportunities to riot and kill each other.

Humans are not ready for full disclosure. Our perception of ourselves and the universe need to evolve more, first.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

i've seen that clip as well i believe, was it Dr Reid?
but i've never seen any documentation on those supposed implants, just the movie. (let alone, peer reviewed material)

i'll watch the teheran sighting in a minute, watching Burzynski's documentary about cancer right now

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

i've seen that clip as well i believe, was it Dr Reid?
but i've never seen any documentation on those supposed implants, just the movie. (let alone, peer reviewed material)

i'll watch the teheran sighting in a minute, watching Burzynski's documentary about cancer right now

Ok.

Here are a few more links if you want to look at them (you don't have to of course).

www.examiner.com...

www.aliens-everything-you-want-to-know.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I could be mistaken but I thought the most common belief for the coverup is because the U.S. government doesn't want anyone else to know what kind of technology they've been able to develop from it...

if we really knew what the gov could do.....
people would be more likely mad about that, than being scared of an invasion

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

can a mod fix this post by "thesearchfortruth"? or can he do it? its messing with the format of the whole page
edit on 7-8-2011 by Forevever because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoAlef2012
For me, one of the best examples of government coverup concerning UFO's is the March 13, 1997 UFO over Phoenix and other parts of Arizona. Thousands of people saw this craft which was over a mile wide and shaped like a triangle. The government did nothing. There was a guy that was hunting and said that this craft hovered right over hiim and it was unbelievably huge. He said that he lifted his rifle and looked at it through his scope and described a circular thing underneath the craft that was brilliantly lit and appeared to make the craft move. He said he was going to fire a round at it, but he got scared of what it might do. There are so many instances within recent years all over the world, yet the government and the msm...mention nothing, or very little. Remember the UFO over the Chicago airport a few years ago? Same thing!

The phoenix light's is the worst case of this, if anything it just goes to show how something that was actually flares can cause people to think they have seen a spaceship, the guy that was hunting was obvious lying.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoAlef2012

LOL, hey look...what's that. A giant craft seemingly of a non-terrestrial origin. I'mma gonna shoot at it.
Gotta love the human mentality. At least this one thought twice, if not just for his own well-being.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
If TPTB would give full disclosure they would lose their power.
The truth would be a shock even for most ufologists.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join