It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do a real ET-Ufo need Lights?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
For space flight lights are always a nice option.

For inter-dimensional travelling I wouldn't know why you would need lights at all.

GM

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
If it's ET, it's not a UFO, it's an alien ship. If it's an alien ship then it is something capable of crossing the solar system or galaxy (s) and it's propulsion means would probably be alien to us as well. We don't know if ET's ships need light or emit light because we don't have any knowledge to go from. It is just as silly to say yes they do as it is to say no they don't because we don't even know if these lights in the sky are ET to begin with. Also there's like 500 threads on this.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

awesome point! I always say if this isn't proof of aliens - then nothing is

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815
Since many years and numerous Ufo Videos i ask myself do a real ET-Ufo need Lights?

Do a Hardware that manage to travel above Lightspeed
or through a Wormhole need a Head- or Rear-light?

Do they need Light for Communication but talking with their Home-planet via a ??? ?

Or just for Posing, like: "Hey Babe, see my beautiful blinking Light"?

Or can we all Ufos with a source of Light dismiss as a Hoax?

What are your Ideas and Conclusions?

To assume that "real" UFOs don't need exterior lights is to make many assumptions and perhaps anthropomorphize. I can think of a number or reasons not to make the assumption you suggest, including:

- Perhaps they want to be noticed - to a certain degree but not obviously
- Perhaps they serve a purpose we do not understand

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
This is probably a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway lol, How would they see where they are going it the darkness of our night(if they are even visiting) or space without them? senses maybe?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Well cars do not need ground effect lights but we still put them on just to look cool. It may be the same for them.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diamonquecharm
This is probably a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway lol, How would they see where they are going it the darkness of our night(if they are even visiting) or space without them? senses maybe?

Actually a very valid point - I was just on my way back to my post to edit then saw this

Seems to me, an alien without lights on their ship, in the darkness of space would be like me taking a walk through the forest without a flashlight.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diamonquecharm

Radar, Night Vision, Thermal Imaging, possibly a hundred other ways to see in the dark that we haven't thought of yet...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

unless they WANT us to see them

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Tachalka

thanks for the reply mate

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I've also seen a couple of UFOs that were lights. i.e. no craft at all that I could see, just light. One looked exactly like this...

...and it was shooting along at ground level.

And another looked just like the blue Eye of Acherus from WOW. That was also at ground level and about the size of a bus.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Well, OP, for the 728th time, the answer seems to be "Who the hell knows?"

Maybe someone will have a definitive answer by the time the 729th questioner gets here. I can hardly wait....

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Disclosures usually mention lights or glowing but I must admit the heavily illuminated ones on youtube really make me wonder why I bother believing sometimes. More of a black disc man myself.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
reply to post by boncho

unless they WANT us to see them

They could probably just land in front of my house if they wanted me to see them.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I generally ignore all "lights in the sky" videos
could be anything really

I miss the days when people actually went to the trouble to make it look like a "saucer" of some kind, sans lights

ETA to avoid a double post and boncho posted
don't give me your address man, just don't!!!!

edit on 7-8-2011 by Forevever because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
At this time we don't even know how or why they are here. Perhaps once we can answer those questions we'll have an answer for what the "lights" are. We have ideas but I don't think anybody really knows. Perhaps the intention IS to be seen. Still a good question though.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Thanks,forgot about night vision and stuff.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Tachalka

theres one i saw at night that moved in a strange way
the only way i can put it in words is three flashes forword then then two flashes back and so on
and then merge with a red light that came in at an angle then disappear

ive seen loads i did a lot of speed so i star gazed alot well all the time
i have even woke the wife up to show her
edit on 7-8-2011 by philware because: (no reason given)

i dont do speed anymore 4 years now some will say its your eyes playing tricks on you
edit on 7-8-2011 by philware because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

I think you're right, 35Foxtrot. I have two - obviously - speculative ideas (so don't anyone flame me!) The first one is, as you said, a by-product of propoulsion, eg; the ionisation of the air surrounding the craft, creating a plasma field, which makes pretty colours (anyone got a plasma ball at home)? The second one is obvious. It seems you've all missed it, with the exception of 35Foxtrot and Forever, and that is that they want to be seen. The lights are fitted deliberately, in an attempt to attract attention. They serve no other purpose. "Hey! Look up here! Can you see us? Good. Make sure you remember". As I said, it's all conjecture, but without speculation, imagination and conjecture, I might as well sit down for a marathon session of (insert your worst ever TV programme here).

edit on 7/8/2011 by crumpet97 because: Correction/Addendum
edit on 7/8/2011 by crumpet97 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
edit on 7-8-2011 by Explanation because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join