It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP....Just read the SECRET BOOK OF JOHN...Those who have and understand pls HELP

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

Thanks for your kind words.

You wrote:

["BTW, I hope I did not make myself out as an authority."]

Absolutely not. And I'm glad, that a group of 'live-and-let-live' religionists, believers or whatever slowly is emerging on this forum. For me one of the important points is for mankind to learn to co-exist in the balance between personal freedom and social responsibility/obligations. Some religions are doing quite a good job at that, some are even carrying the responsibility-aspect into a truly non-conditional broad existential context.

I consider gnosticism one of those good-guy systems.

Quote: ["In truth I wish you would tell us a little more about your viewpoint as I am curious."]

After many years spent in hopelessly convoluted 'epistemology' and the common at-odds-between-the -different-parts of whatever make up a Bogomil, I have finally arrived to a point, where 'all' of me is beginning to be more 'the totality greater than the sum of its parts'.

I believe, that many wise people have said or done many wise things worth being inspired by, after all it's waste of time to re-invent the wheel every new generation. But I also believe, that each human being is so unique, with so many optional constellations of the 'parts', that a general formula is meaningless.

It's a path for the persistent and motivated, because you have to learn the various 'knacks' on the way through trial-and-error; no-one can present a pre-digested method fitting YOU precisely. And ofcourse there will be a lot of scraped knees and tears on the way. But when it eventually starts to function, it's much more trustworthy than any passive zombification process.

It doesn't turn you into a sage: "Before Satori I carried water and split firewood. After Satori I carry water and split firewood."*

Was that an answer? I'm not sure myself.

* Satori is the zen name for Nirvana. But I'm not even a buddhist.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

Thanks for your response. I hope, I'm not looking so 'weird' now, as when you initially looked at me.

And sorry for not answering directly to your OP. I wanted to get a more informed impression of you, before doing so (I have started reading this text you base this thread on and will in a day or two have a post ready).

Besides I have been busy with what seemingly is to annoy christian missionaries on other threads (from their perspectives.... that is).

If you can accept a compliment: You appear to be a smart young lady (any women younger than 50 is a young lady to me).

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil
reply to post by Mividau

Thanks for your response. I hope, I'm not looking so 'weird' now, as when you initially looked at me.

And sorry for not answering directly to your OP. I wanted to get a more informed impression of you, before doing so (I have started reading this text you base this thread on and will in a day or two have a post ready).

Besides I have been busy with what seemingly is to annoy christian missionaries on other threads (from their perspectives.... that is).

If you can accept a compliment: You appear to be a smart young lady (any women younger than 50 is a young lady to me).

LOL, You never have seemed wierd to me.
You have always made very good points. Who do ya think some of those stars came from

I am starting to find out how little christian I am. Based on what I am learning and how I
truely feel. I dont fit into a box and thats kinda lonely.

I am also noticeing since I stepped away from churchs.
How judgementle christians truely are. I am not sure if I was that way.
I could've been and never relized it because I fit into that box.

There seems to be real venom to the words that are spoken.
Like we'll kill u before u kill us. What the heck is that.
Jesus taught nothing but love. So just sincerely confused.

LOTZA LUV and cant wait for the reply

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

Living in an european time-zone as I do (you may have heard of Europe, it's somewhere east of USA), it's time to stop my daily output of nerd'ism.

Quote: ["I am starting to find out how little christian I am."]

It always pays to sort out positions and what they stand for first.

"Is this a spade, or is it a disguised shovel,..... with an agenda?"

My guess is, that you are american, so if it's any consolation, the generally black/white US attitudes aren't universal.

Quote: ["So just sincerely confused."]

Go easy; small steps. You're probably full of impatience, hormones and some other thingumajics I vaguely remember from my youth. I'll try my hand as a fake-sage now and say something like: "The slower you go, the faster you arrive".

But don't listen to that kind of cheap aphorisms from old people. We only make them, because we have nothing better to do.

Greetings (it takes some time for me to get to lutz-of-luv terms with people on the internet)

Bogo

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

Originally posted by Mividau
Yup that is what I was talking about.
Have you read the Secret Book of John yet?
Its a bit of a mind bender for me though LOL.

LOTZA LUV

Thought I would answer your post from the other thread here…

Yeah, funnily enough, I’ve read it! lol, I was the guy who was talking about it on the other thread lol…which seems to have inspired you to read it…

It’s early days, but you seem to see things much the same way as I do. You have heard the voice of God and described it accurately. Just like myself, you can see the problems between Paul and Jesus teachings, and you don’t see Jesus as God, but only the “Son of God”. And like me you are drawn to the Gnostic texts…seems to me, like you are honestly searching for the truth…

For the past 2 Months, I’ve been slowly chewing my way through the various Gnostic texts; And trying to get a better understanding of the history and theology surrounding them. But I have to say, that after just recently finishing reading the “The Secret book of John”, it has completely blown me away!

I’m not sure where your at right now in terms of your knowledge of the Gnostic texts, but you might like to check out these 2 documentaries…I can highly recommend watching them both…

The Lost Gospels

The Gospel of Judas, the Hidden Story of the Betrayal of Christ

- JC

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

Thank You so much Joe.
I am very visual so this will help out alot.
The secret book of John has melted my mind lol.

I can see the truth in in but I cant comprehend it.
I am pretty good at getting to the heart of stuff.
Its like that word or thought right at the tip of you're
tounge but you cant form it. (Did that make sense??)

LOTZA LUV 2 U JOE
Feel free to u2u me anytime

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

I was quoting from the Bill Hicks quote at the end of this film last night and thought you might want to look at this.

Here is the quote

“The world is like a ride in an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question: "Is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride." And we kill those people.”

He went on to say;

“It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your door, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one.”

I love that quote. Makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Very similar to the once popular Richard Back and his books 'Jonathan Livingstone Seagull' and 'The mechanical messiah'.

Unfortunately he eventually turned out to be a wanna-be scam. Both from a spiritual and from a mundane perspective.

But it was a good thing, you brought in the esoteric facet. It's central here.

edit on 10-8-2011 by bogomil because: grammar

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

And the sequel

Let me know what you think. I know in this case that might take some time. Love these guys!

I am sorry, I just took you further down the rabbit hole.
edit on 10-8-2011 by Ittabena because: addition of apology

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

Laurence Gardner's Lost Secrets of the Sacred Ark

Only the first part of a nine part series, but go to the YouTube page and you can find the rest too.

The book is better - more details - but the film is not bad. Roommate and his Dad loved it.

For your consideration; Sir Laurence Gardner is a Freemason.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Thanks Ittabena for the video, That one will have to wait till tonite lol.
But as soon as I am done I'll let you know.
Thanks for takeing the time out for me to find that.

LOTZA LUV

[EDITED TO SAY: THANKS FOR THE OTHER VIDEO'S TOO. I DIDNT RELIZE YOU POSTED 3]
edit on 10-8-2011 by Mividau because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

Just got done watching both of them.I really did love em.
Of course the host had to give the reason's why the vatacan dont like em.
Either way it gave me a great summary of what I am in for LOL.

LOTZA LUV

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

Glad you liked them. But what I am really curious about is how did they make you feel? Bogomil, are you watching thread still?

Mi, I will explain that later.

Itta
edit on 10-8-2011 by Ittabena because: thought of more

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

More to add. Link time.
www.spiritnow.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Cherokee calender 2012

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Don't know what happened on that link - it went spastic on me. But it still works.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

Nesta Webster's book

I will take a break now.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

Here's my answer as promised. But first, that the text made you confused is a sign of a sound mind. Had you claimed to understand it just like that, I would have been suspicious.

In the following I will point out SIMILARITIES, which is not to be taken as complete congruence.

The text starts with a tao'ist-like decription of 'ultimate reality' .....(skip)...to a kabbalistic model of celestial hierarchies.....(skip)...goes to a standard gnostic cosmogony...(skip)...to a buddhist perspective of dualism/non-dualism...(skip)....to a 'practical approach' of Jesus being something like Buddha, a teacher, not a redeemer, and to make everybody happy there's also a bit of 'ancient astronaut' (Noah living in a 'cloud' during the flood) and some Enoch's book details.

Personally I would consider the tao'ist- and buddhist-like parts as the most accessible and useful. Ofcourse not as an expression of superiority between different systems, but for clarification.

Maybe this answer is just as obscure as the text, but at least you have the option of being able to ask me to be more precise and detailed on certain points.

I'm relying on:

'The Nag Hammadi scriptures', edited by Marvin Meyer, 2007 New York.

If you're a 'reader', I can suggest some supplementary reading for comparative study.

This post isn't the answer to everything, it can be the first step on a journey of a 1.000 miles (I can only suggest the first steps. I'm no guru and the journey is yours).

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil
reply to post by Mividau

Here's my answer as promised. But first, that the text made you confused is a sign of a sound mind. Had you claimed to understand it just like that, I would have been suspicious.

In the following I will point out SIMILARITIES, which is not to be taken as complete congruence.

The text starts with a tao'ist-like decription of 'ultimate reality' .....(skip)...to a kabbalistic model of celestial hierarchies.....(skip)...goes to a standard gnostic cosmogony...(skip)...to a buddhist perspective of dualism/non-dualism...(skip)....to a 'practical approach' of Jesus being something like Buddha, a teacher, not a redeemer, and to make everybody happy there's also a bit of 'ancient astronaut' (Noah living in a 'cloud' during the flood) and some Enoch's book details.

Personally I would consider the tao'ist- and buddhist-like parts as the most accessible and useful. Ofcourse not as an expression of superiority between different systems, but for clarification.

Maybe this answer is just as obscure as the text, but at least you have the option of being able to ask me to be more precise and detailed on certain points.

I'm relying on:

'The Nag Hammadi scriptures', edited by Marvin Meyer, 2007 New York.

If you're a 'reader', I can suggest some supplementary reading for comparative study.

This post isn't the answer to everything, it can be the first step on a journey of a 1.000 miles (I can only suggest the first steps. I'm no guru and the journey is yours).

LOL, Thanks for that and your right. I got question's.
I understand the buddhist part. Which I would love to really learn that
way of life.

I know khabbalhist is jewish mystism. But the other's I know nothing about.
Since you have studied them could you fill it in a lil for me.

Thanks and as always LOTZA LUV

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

First thanks for the nightmares lol.
I did like it even though it scared the heck outta me.

It got scary at the flouride point. My kids go to public schools.
Most of the people in our town uses well water. Anyways I signed a
consent form allowing them to give my kids this poison.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

In the Tao'ist department, there's the 'mystic' "Tao Teh King" by Lao Tse, which' opening verses are very close to John 2,25-4,19. Another enjoyable tao'ist is Chuang-Tze, zen-like in style.

And while it's incomplete and out-of-date Hans Jonas' book: 'The gnostic religion' is still a worthwhile classic.

The buddhist perspective on dualism (forget about the new-agey dualistery, it's psycho-babble) can be a life-time study. At least it almost has been for me. It relates intimately with existential philosophy, epistemology, philosophy of science and is best approached from a constant feed-back basis. A little of each at a time, back to an overall syncretism, and then new small steps.

I don't have any specific recommendations here, but apart from the factual information (doctrines, methods etc), an emotionally beautiful description is Herman Hesse's 'Siddharta'.

The gunic system of tantra can be useful for the 'circles-and-arrows' diagram and cosmic-geometry department.

If my memory suddenly starts to function again, I'll post more.

Generally the first distinction on the journey is to be made between mundane 'understanding' and practical applications of 'methods'. They can go hand in hand, but are not identical.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join