It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott Walker presided over half of June US job growth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Source

Last month’s employment report from the Department of Labor offered more dismal news about the U.S. economy. And while many areas of the country continue to struggle, there are a few bright spots. Gov. Scott Walker happens to be presiding over one in Wisconsin, which added a net of 9,500 new jobs in June — more than half the 18,000 created nationwide.

Wisconsin’s resurgence comes after three years of job losses — more than 150,000 jobs were lost in the three years before Walker became governor. Since he took office in January, the state has added 39,300 private-sector jobs. That puts Walker on pace to exceed his goal of 250,000 new jobs in four years.

Source #2

It appears that under the leadership of Governor Scott Walker, probably one of the most hated men by the Left, the great state of Wisconsin in the month of June created 9,500 private sector jobs. Only 18,000 private sector jobs were created throughout the entire country which places Walker’s state as clearly the leader in June for job growth. Putting it differently, if you were to remove Wisconsin from consideration in national job growth figures the US would have added merely 8,500 jobs total.

But Governor Walker could not do that alone, as we all know, the state cannot create private sector jobs but it can create the atmosphere which allow businesses to thrive, invest, and expand. With a Republican Governor, a Republican controlled Senate (19 – 14) and a Republican controlled Assembly (59 – 38) it appears the state is actually beginning to experience a robust turn around.

Good job Governor Walker.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Yeah he could and should go straight to hell!

This small private job increase I will venture has nothing to do with what this lying politician did in Wisconsin
This job growth is related to a resurgent tourism industry I dare say having little to do with this puppet of the Kock brother’s acts. Also unemployment in Wisconsin still went up

What you failed to put in your post is that Wisconsin NEVER had a budget problem in the first place so all the things Walker did in-fact added to the overall unemployment situation in the state by his assault on the state workers and were not even necessary.

He is a puppet for the Koch brothers who has been ordered to smash unions; that has been proven as fact!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
Yeah he could and should go straight to hell!

This small private job increase I will venture has nothing to do with what this lying politician did in Wisconsin
This job growth is related to a resurgent tourism industry I dare say having little to do with this puppet of the Kock brother’s acts. Also unemployment in Wisconsin still went up

What you failed to put in your post is that Wisconsin NEVER had a budget problem in the first place so all the things Walker did in-fact added to the overall unemployment situation in the state by his assault on the state workers and were not even necessary.

He is a puppet for the Koch brothers who has been ordered to smash unions; that has been proven as fact!

100% correct.

Walker is god of fudging the numbers.

Don't forget what he is doing to democracy as a whole in that state. I don't care what side of the isle you are on, what is happening there is unamerican and has nothing to do with true Republicans or Democrats. Lying to the populace on voting dates, shutting down DMVs in democratic districts. Maybe it harder to get a voter ID card while requiring it by law (which affects poor, elderly)

Hell, even Cobert called him out nicely.

Colbert on WI absentee forms

One could say that Colbert is skewed and I would agree, yet nothing he says is a lie.

This is disgusting. Any Dem or Rep should be appauled. This is our "free" country for christ sakes.

All of this should be illegal and probably is.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This isn't real job growth though. It's inflationary economic growth.

This type of recovery can only last for a short period of time.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
When you stand up to Union thugs, good things happen!

Good job Governor!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Yup no question about it. If we could just get rid of those pesky Democrats the Republicans can comne in and fix everything. It will be all skittles and rainbows if we could just get the entire country under Republican leadership. Whenever the Republicans have been in the White House the size of government has shrunk, the deficit has gone down, people have been happier and more affluent it has been as close to Eden on earth as you can get.

Wait, what? Oh, never mind...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Wisconsin always adds tourism jobs in June. Still, with all these new jobs, Wisconsin's unemployment rate rose from 7.3% in April to 7.4% in May and 7.6% in June. The number of jobs created would have been higher except for all the job cuts and early retirements in the public sector.

A number of counties in south-central Wisconsin face unemployment numbers about 40 percent higher than pre-recession levels in 2007, according to data provided by the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development.
edit on 7-8-2011 by N3k9Ni because: typo

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
thats hilarious so what do the koch brothers have anything to do with scott walker?

fact is if the koch brothers hate unions so much why do they employ 50,000 union jobs?

i swear.

the fact of the matter is with unions is they create 10 well paying jobs where there could be 100

i love people who defend unions because they are defending communism.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I try my best to not play the "Left vs. Right" game, but the television commercials being played here constantly refer to the "tax breaks to corporations" that he is responsible for.

Those tax breaks "lured" (get it, lured!) a Bass Pro Shops from Minnesota to Green Bay..

They brought an aviation engine manufacturer to Racine.

In Sturtevant, new company AMT contracts with Ford to create 110 new jobs.

Sturtevant has a population of maybe 5000 ppl.

I've said for a year or longer, that regardless of what the national media has to say, the vast majority of Wisconsinites are very happy with Gov. Walker.

The most vocal of the displease are union members, mainly teachers.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Isn't there a delay of like a year or something between implemtation of policy's and verifiable results?

This would give credit to his predacessor wouldn't it?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
He really didn't create new jobs, he just stole them from other States by promising the rich more tax breaks and making employees poorer. So the net effect for the entire nation, in terms of job numbers, probably was zero. Considering those new WI employees probably now make less so they have less money to spend, Walkers policies probably had a negative effect.

Keep this up and we will all be living in one room huts and eating rice/grain as our main meal.
edit on August 8th 2011 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

Wrong!
Get your facts straight.
Wisconsin job numbers are always adjusted for seasonal (tourist) growth.

Delta Hawk, in Racine, WI, is hiring 110 to 150 ppl, because of tax credits approved by the city and state.
These jobs could have ended up overseas, no problem.

STURTEVANT - Governor Scott Walker is continuing to work on his campaign promise to add 250,000 jobs.

On Tuesday, he announced 109 new jobs at a company in Sturtevant.
Walker spent Tuesday at AMT to announce a $10 million expansion project at the factory which contracts with Ford Motors to make auto parts.

With it comes 109 new jobs.

"To have 109 new jobs is not only important for here, it's important for the ripple effect," said Walker.

"I believe that manufacturing, particularly small and medium-sized employers, will be the lifeblood of the state of Wisconsin

G3 Industries signed a contract, and guarantee to hire people at 185% the minimum wage rate, roughly 160 new jobs.

These are the jobs I know of off the top of my head.

Rather than spewing some crap from Rachel Maddow, why don't you swing on up here and see what people really think about Gov. Walker's efforts.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

And you can imagine how upset we Wisconsinites are, knowing we can feed our families and maybe pay a few bills.

We would have been more than happy to see these jobs end up in Chicago, rather than Racine, Kenosha, Walworth, Milwaukee, etc...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Not on this one, the jobs he's bringing are directly related to his policies.
The only job growth Wisconsin had seen under Doyle was in the Public sector, meaning government jobs.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Can't wait to see if this is a consistent trend or a seasonal one as some have said.
I will ait and see what time presents, what ever the case, jobs are good.As far as
applauding Koch governance policy, time will tell.

It is really too bad this economic Armageddon is coming for us however...

I have never seen my city this busy in ages, it is noticeable, I saw three lines for three separate parking lot/shopping centers today, insane.

I have a bad feeling about tomorrow, I hope I am really wrong, I am normally not afraid of anything.

I am getting up early, incase there is an immediate collapse in NYC, that way I can get to the store and buy all the rice before my city is stirred, god forbid when it is. (It is funny to sound like a woodland nut sack, but hey, whatevs)
edit on 8-8-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Sure, the only way to get these "jobs" is to screw over unionized labor.

How many of those jobs are high-paying jobs that people can actually live on?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

The contract signed by G3 Industries secured between 110 and 150 people, at 185% of minimum wage, and the details of the (required) benefits package were still being worked out.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

well I suppose we'll just see how popular your puppet, whoops, I mean governor Walker is. the recall elections will play out within the week. to me and most on the left this is a referendum on Walker's path of chaos and destruction to the working class / middle & lower classes. so let us see who stands victorious once the votes are counted. I wonder how many people the Koch boys can buy between now & election day? I digress.
edit on 8-8-2011 by LooksLikeWeMadeIt because: added duh

edit on 8-8-2011 by LooksLikeWeMadeIt because: typo / caffeine hasnt yet gotten 2 my fingers

new topics

top topics

join