It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interested in starting a survival group in Philadelphia,PA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I am interested. Currently in East Falls.

Let me know when/where.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Im in Philly as well, dont have much in the way of survival skills but its something that always interested me. I have a bunch of survival related docs Ive downloaded from various places that Im getting ready to put on a site after I organize them.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
A survival group in Center City? Really? That's your first mistake. Second mistake is living in the middle of Philadelphia when the SHTF with no way out and surrounded by those who will take your stuff. Center City is about the worst place you'd want to be when the world goes to crap. You'll waste half your ammo in the first day defending your cache of food. If you are still alive when your cache of food runs out, what will you hunt in the middle of Filthadelphia? Rats? Pigeons? People?

If you are truly serious about this, MOVE OUT OF THE CITY and buy a farm with like minded individuals. I travel the Schulkyll 5 days a week and realize that the highways out of there will be jammed with abandoned cars of those who tried to escape.

Move to the Lancaster area, buy an old farm and live like the Amish or Menonites. Remember, safety in numbers, water, food and defense. Or, buy a farm in the middle of state up in the mountains. By the time those from the urban areas reach you, they'll be emaciated and easy to take care of....but don't try to survive in the middle of Philadelphia.

Good Luck!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
theres plenty of wooded areas all up the Delaware that you could make camp in. I dont think it would be all that hard to steal a boat and head towards New Hope

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by radioactive_liquid

Going up the Delaware...Yep, that's where everyone will head! Not a great area, the Delaware is polluted and undrinkable and you'll be dealing with scavengers from the city. Most of your time will be spent shooting those walking into your camp and the gunfire will give away your position.

If this guy is completely serious about survival he'll leave Center City behind and move west of three mile island. Lancaster is a good start but if the worst case scenario hits, he'll want to move into the mountains.

The area around Philly will be a death zone.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

The time to prepare is now. You'll see a lot more news about flash mobs. That's only going to get worse.

Gear yourself.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I should have said earlier that this was a survival group to EXIT Philadelphia incase of SHTF. I can train people with weapons (Take the range and ect) Also know some close quarters combat as well. No one would survive in a city. I do agree center city is the last place i'd wanna be. That is why i'm trying to prepare.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
We move west away from the ocean. Some where in the Appalachians Mountains..or the Ozark Mountains.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Arcade425

Had me worried, thought you were going to hold out in Center City. So, how do you plan on escaping a death trap like Philly? Car, SUV, bike, motorcycle, foot, Boat, etc. Each has it's own advantages and disadvantages. Since you won't know the SHTF until you're covered in it, are you planning on trying to stay low while the highways out are clogged with the panicked masses or looking at several alternate routes out?

Again, do yourself a favor and at least move away from Center City and in to the Suburbs.
You'll at least have Head start.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
We exit the city anyway we can. Low key would be sewers. Sounds disgusting but surviving is more important

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

The sewers? Have you mapped them? Do you know where they'll lead? What kind of precautions will you take to avoid contamination of yourselves, food and other items?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
No but when I get some time next week City hall is the first place I'm going. I already have maps for PA. The food and water? I'm thinking already air sealed beef jerky or MREs. I know we can't sustain on those forever but until we get to where we are going,wherever that might be will be alright. We need people with skills. We have a Doctor and a english/german teacher.

I think the time to prepare hasn't past us yet. If we all atleast try there may be some hope. I have no clue what is going to happen but most likely scenario I think is going to be Marshal law and when that happens We need a plan. It's only a matter of time.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Well it sounds like you're in the preplanning and forming stage. The worst part will be escaping Philly but once you get past 476, it should be a lot easier. If you head west toward Paoli, I'd love to join your group. Good luck in your planning.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
LOL.... I guess you started planning a bit to late.... Be sure you get to the city hall and back home before the city mandated cerfew. One would expect people to get into an uproar over the cerfew... but I guess we are to lazy to take Englands stance.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arcade425
I should have said earlier that this was a survival group to EXIT Philadelphia incase of SHTF. I can train people with weapons (Take the range and ect) Also know some close quarters combat as well. No one would survive in a city. I do agree center city is the last place i'd wanna be. That is why i'm trying to prepare.

most areas seem to get their drinking water from a hundred or more miles away.

survival needs drinking water, streams, rivers that are not poluted.

in a major earthquake, solar caused power failure, the cities would be without water.
head for the hills, if you don't already live there.
can you imagine the fires in the cities.

also, the bridges would probably be gone in an earthquake.

and if civil authority fails, the locals might be unfriendly towards refugees.

good luck to one and all.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Hey guys don't worry I didnt forget about this thread. I've been in contact with some very useful people. We are going to start prepping probably toward the end of this month. I need to be careful to be careful though supposedly the FBI is watching people who buy "survival supplies". Little advice to anyone use cash.. Never buy anything that you can't use cash for. I know there are some awesome deals online but, that's your call

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I am not sure this is a good idea, you are basically coming together with people who you don't know and people who you are unfamiliar with.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I think the OP is making a very wise decision.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arcade425
We move west away from the ocean. Some where in the Appalachians Mountains..or the Ozark Mountains.

I hope you're learning and teaching sustainable living as that's what most survival groups actually work on.

Sure you need guns and amo to get OUT of the city but knowledge and skill keep you alive once you're out, especially if you've lived in the city your whole life.

I assure you, the locals in the mountains are far more threatening then the mass of ignorant in the city. They don't like cocky strangers wandering around. Go make some friends out THERE as well, otherwise, you're in for a big surprise.
edit on 23-11-2011 by moondancer811 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join