It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should have listened to the TEA Party

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
TEA Party pushed for "Cut, Cap, and Balance".

It passed the Republican controlled House of Representatives. Was not even voted on in the Senate, after Obama promised to Veto it. Instead we got business as usual, out of control spending, with promises of tax increases.

If CCB would have passed, we would still be sitting on our AAA credit rating.

Should have listened to the TEA Party.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Exactly correct!

I really don't understand why the left think that the "tea party" is:

1) a real party
2) evil or harmful to our Country
3) Swallow the msm's talking points on subject loose knit but very large group of concerned citizens.

Even some on the right are fearful of a group of people that want to live free and want small government.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dakota1s2

Exactly correct!

I really don't understand why the left think that the "tea party" is:

1) a real party
2) evil or harmful to our Country
3) Swallow the msm's talking points on subject loose knit but very large group of concerned citizens.

Even some on the right are fearful of a group of people that want to live free and want small government.

The TP is idiotic to me, based solely on the idea of removing all restrictions from business. The tea party has been co-opted and infiltrated, a cover for a group that merely wants to give companies and corporations more power.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

The TP is idiotic to me, based solely on the idea of removing all restrictions from business. The tea party has been co-opted and infiltrated, a cover for a group that merely wants to give companies and corporations more power.

Just a reminder of what the TEA in TEA Party means....

Taxed
Enough
Already

I have no idea where you coming up with removing all restrictions on business? But I'm sure the TEA Party would be in favor of letting 10 year old kids set up a lemonade stand without having to purchase a permit. I'm sure they would be in favor of getting water to people that need it, instead of shutting them off because of some kind of tadpole.

Spending is out of control, a lot of regulations on business retard growth and employment opportunities, and finally the TEA Party realizes that more taxes leads to more wasteful spending. Spending cuts are the only way. No nation has ever taxed itself into prosperity.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
TEA Party pushed for "Cut, Cap, and Balance".

It passed the Republican controlled House of Representatives. Was not even voted on in the Senate, after Obama promised to Veto it. Instead we got business as usual, out of control spending, with promises of tax increases.

If CCB would have passed, we would still be sitting on our AAA credit rating.

Should have listened to the TEA Party.

Yes.. and we will certainly become the United States of Walmart in no time at all.

Here is an analogy...Man in the cop suit...is not really a cop trying to protect you.
He is a predator after your soul and you are deliberately led to think he is for you by the uniform.
Same with the Tea Party. Don't judge them on appearances. Follow the money.

The Corporate Lobbyists Behind the Tea Parties
www.huffingtonpost.com...

The Billionaire Koch Brothers waging a war against Obama.
www.newyorker.com...

Who Funds The Tea Party?
www.cbsnews.com...

edit on 7-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I agree with the inteligent deregulation of business.

Too much bureaucracy stifles business and stunts growth. It also puts off foriegn investors who could create jobs.

The licenses themselves are to a point a cash making scam.

Im not saying that there does not need some regulation, but stripping it down to its bare minimum would do more good than harm even to the point of reducing, and in small business cases, cutting out capital gains tax, making it more profitable to create business, economic growth, jobs and more taxes going into the treasury.

Its common sense really.

That which our glorious leaders do not seem to have.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I agree with the inteligent deregulation of business.

Oh yeah...lets do this all over again.
Did we not learn from this most recent collapse at all?

Think about it. Business is ever expanding and sucking up other companies so that eventually you will have ONE BIG COMPANY! Can't you see "Mom and Pop" don't have a chance in hell to make it any more because we are all owned by a few conglomerates and what they do not already own they are working to acquire?
Even the United States?

We need to bust free of corporate interest and look out for people.

PEOPLE. What a concept.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

with promises of tax increases.

So...you are a millionaire are you? I mean if you are worried about tax increases you must be because the middle class have not enjoyed such a low tax rate since the fifties and there is no threat to increase taxes on them.

Plan is to take back the generous tax cuts Bush gave to the wealthy when we had a 5 trillion dollar surplus.
We need the effing money now.

And if you are a millionaire, why are you whining?
You can screw somebody else and make it up next year.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

The key word there was INTELIGENT.

There should indeed be regulations in place, especially where monopolies are concerned.

There should be ceilings on how big a company can get.

Alongside this, the endless corp of lobbyists in DC should go and be made illegal.

However I still stand by what I said with regards to lessoning the bureaucratic burden on business.

There must be a balance in otherwords.

Business is not the enemy, greed is.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

The key word there was INTELIGENT.

Well then we are really screwed, aren't we?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The problem here is that it is easy to have nifty sounding slogans 'Cut, Cap and Balance' but they have so many sacred cows that it is rendered meaningless. The Republicans, for example, wanted NO cuts to military spending but rather ALL cuts to come from domestic programs, NO cuts to foreign aid and NO roll-back of the Bush tax cuts.

You wanna 'Cut, Cap and Balance'?

-- Slash military spending by ending these ridiculous wars --- all of them. Are people truly too stupid to see the parallel between the (former) USSR and the USA now???

-- Drastically cut foreign aid by limiting it only to truly necessary humanitarian aid.

-- Cut gov't subsidies for industries (except money directly used for new energy research and similar projects that reduce our dependence on importing).

-- Cut agricultural subsidies going to industrial farms and 'non-farming' operations. Divert a smaller part to family farming in order to diversify our food dependencies. No all eggs in one basket, so to speak.

-- Rollback the Bush tax cuts. Yea, I said it. Because no, trickle down doesn't happen. They don't create jobs.

-- Eliminate waste in government. Disband the Dept of Education and all other departments not absolutely necessary for protecting 'The People' (someone get Ron Paul on the phone)

-- Provide tax incentives for businesses that create jobs domestically. Penalize those that off-shore jobs

In other words, shove the cheap, sound-bite rhetoric up your collective asses and focus on actually doing something that benefits the country -- not yoru party or your elite benefactors.

The entire political establishment --- including lobbyists --- are traitors and need to be treated as such.

edit on 7-8-2011 by jtma508 because: typo

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Oh great. Anothe Tea Party bash thre-. . . .
WHAT?
Someone posted a common-sense thread?

They could have done what the Tea Party wanted, instead they caused our rating to lower.
Yet people blame the Tea Party and laud the presidents position. (talk about brain-washed)

I imagine, after the dust has settled, the Tea Party will see an emergence in popularity.
S&F

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I imagine, after the dust has settled, the Tea Party will see an emergence in popularity.
S&F

Which Tea Party? Apparently there are different factions and very little cohesiveness.

www.politico.com...

The election season of 2012 is gonna be such fun!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

You're right. There is no central core, nor a heiarchy to the Tea Party. People can point to Koch brothers, Palin, Bachmann, but the real core (if you want to call it that) is each and every individual who just wants a smaller government.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

You really don't get it? The Government brings in plenty of money. Revenues have never been a problem. Spending is the problem

When you want to restrict something what do you do? You tax it. ie. cigarettes, alcohol. Why do the same on income? You tax it....you get less. Can't have it both ways.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by whaaa

You're right. There is no central core, nor a heiarchy to the Tea Party. People can point to Koch brothers, Palin, Bachmann, but the real core (if you want to call it that) is each and every individual who just wants a smaller government.

Then ask yourself...why is government so big. What is the huge governmental entity. Who profits from the status quo?

Answer....

The military/industrial complex and the money they suck up from the taxpayers is hidden in the name of national security.

TPM vs. the MILITARY/INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX......

Smaller government.......get real!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

You really don't get it? The Government brings in plenty of money. Revenues have never been a problem. Spending is the problem

When you want to restrict something what do you do? You tax it. ie. cigarettes, alcohol. Why do the same on income? You tax it....you get less. Can't have it both ways.

*chuckles*
So, if I offered you 2 jobs
a) 1000$ a week, 600 after taxes
b) 1400$ a week, 800 after taxes
You would pick a, because you pay less taxes there?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Typical. Answering your own posts and making assumptions.

Try going to a rally sometime. THEN make a decsion.

I dare you.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by debunky

*chuckles*
So, if I offered you 2 jobs
a) 1000$ a week, 600 after taxes
b) 1400$ a week, 800 after taxes
You would pick a, because you pay less taxes there?

First of all income should not be taxed in the first place. You trade your time or skill for a wage. There is no gain. It is an even trade. How can someone be taxed on ZERO?
edit on 7-8-2011 by Carseller4 because: 5 seconds

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join