It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Soldiers thoughts on America (from the plane to Afghanistan)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
My only brother has been on the ground in Afghanistan for a week now on his first year long tour of duty. While on the plane heading to Afghanistan, he wrote a little essay about what his thoughts were as he was headed for the battlefield. I wanted to share, with his permission of course, what he wrote and to get your thoughts on it.

He wrote:

Bin Laden’s Ultimate Win?

Where do we go now? That is a sediment echoed throughout the United States during 2011 as the country struggles to find her strong footing in the world again. Is the current government the cause of the problems or did Lady Liberty become to big for her britches. Unfortunately, there is no one cause or person to blame; or is there? There are many theories.

Some say it is a culmination of America putting her nose into too many other country’s business and not focusing on her own people’s needs. Of a presidents lack of experience. Of the government worried about fighting amongst themselves rather than doing what they were elected to do. I believe there is a single person to blame and America as a whole has helped him out destroying America.

A terrorist’s act on September 11, 2001 brought America to her knees and this same act could be the act that knocks America completely down. The twin Towers were only a prelude to great things crumbling-America could be next. True, the towers symbolized America’s mighty power over smaller entities, but as that crumbled, so is America. The US had a chance to still be standing mightier than others, but the US lost focus on what the country really needed and sought only revenge; revenge at any cost.

Was this the true intention of Bin Laden? Worse than the initial attack is the response by the American government afterwards. Sure, the US needed to find Bin Laden and bring him to justice, but not at the cost of trillions of dollars, thousands of more American lives, and the occupation of two countries.. The justice that was sought still could have happened the same way it ultimately did, with a secret, middle of the night raid using Navy Seals; not thousands of troops.

The President exploited 9/11 in order to declare war on a country that did not have any ties to Al-Qaeda or Bin Laden. The president only wanted revenge on a man that the president’s own father could not take out of power ten years earlier. This Republican president should have took heed to something an older Republican Senator once said. In his book

The Political Principles of Robert A. Taft, which he wrote with James McClellan, Russell Kirk noted his subject’s aversion to war. “War, Taft perceived, was the enemy of constitution, liberty, economic security, and the cake of custom….Though he was no theoretical pacifist, he insisted that every other possibility must be exhausted before resorting to military action. War would make the American President a virtual dictator, diminish the constitutional powers of Congress, contract civil liberties, injure the habitual self-reliance and self-government of the American people, distort the economy, sink the federal government in debt, break in upon private and public morality.” Now, doesn’t this hit close to home?

Nine-eleven was horrific enough, but what we have done since is even more horrific. Trillions of dollars would have been better spent on domestic projects that really would have made a difference in the lives of America’s citizens. What does the US have for all the money and lives sacrificed in the war on terror? High unemployment rates, very weak dollar throughout the world, people fed up with government, government squabbling amongst themselves, and America getting ready to implode. Did Bin Laden have the great vision to see all this? I don’t think so, but he certainly would be even more happy now than after 9/11. WAKE UP AMERICA, do not let Bin Laden win.

END

My brother has been asleep for a while and after I read this, it seems that he is slowly waking up to what is going on, although I dont think he is fully awake yet, I have hope for him now. My answer to him after he sent me what he had written was, "And yes, it all started with the Bush administration and continuing with the present administration and getting worse. I really fear that America is about to indeed Implode and it doesnt seem like the democrats or republicans give a crap about it, just a few maybe care, but not many. Im glad that you seem to be finally waking up!"

So what are your thoughts? Agree or disagree with what he wrote? I agree with most of it, although I lean more toward 911 being a false flag. The main point I agree with is that America is about to indeed IMPLODE...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I posted this so people could tell me whether or not they think that my brother might be waking up a little bit. He was left wing and I am right wing so we were totally opposite in our beliefs at one time. He acted like Obozo was a Savior for America, but now I think that he is seeing that Obozo is not doing any of the Hope and Change he promised to do.

I hope he wakes up fully, especially since he is in the War Zone. Id say that the war might make him fully come to the realization of what is really going on, at least I hope so...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
BUMP to get some thoughts on this..

join