It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PAGAN GODS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
***HELP*** I AM DOING RESEARCH ON DIFFERNT PANTHEON GODS...IE SUMMARIAN(ENKI, ANU,ENLIL) EGYPTIAN(HORUS,ISIS) BABYLONIAN(MARDUK) ETC..AND I CANT SEEM TO COME TO A CONCLUSION IN TERMS OF WHETHER IF THEY WHERE JUST ONE SET OF GODS BEING WORSHIPPED IN DIFFERENT GEOGRAPHICAL AREAS UNDER DIFFERENT NAMES OR WERE THEY ALL SERPERATE AND DISTINCT FROM EACH OTHER...IS ISIS SEMIRAMIS, INANA, AND DIANA?....YOU DONT SEEM TO FIND STORIES OF INTERMINGLING BETWEEN DIFFERENT PANTHEONS IE JEHOVA AND AND PTAH...IF THEY WERE SEPERATE THEN IT WOULD SEEM TO ME THAT THROUGH THEIR HUMAN FOIBLES THEY WOULD HAVE BATTLED AGAINST EACH OTHER....***ANY INSIGHTS WEBSITES OR THOUGHTS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED*****

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Well it would seem that due to the large number of similarities between gods of various country's patheons that there was a lot more intermingling of nations in ancient history then historians like to admit, something akin to a precursor to globalization.

The idea of a mother-civiliazation is as old as the story of Atlantis, unforuantly very little proof of a mother civilization exists - except the commonality found in ancient civilizations - from gods to architecture to law.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It has long been My belief that they were the same nine principle Deities found in Chinese theologies. The Greek and Roman pantheons are easily laid over one another, and those overlay the Egyptian pantheon which overlays the African pantheons, the Danish lines of Asatru, Scandinavian pantheons, and so forth.

It doesn't become muddled until you try to apply that philosophy to the Western World (from Argentina to the North Pole). And yet, all native aboriginal Deities seem to overlay one another yet again.

It is as if there were two separate groups of Deities presenting themselves to the people of the Ancient World, rather than just the one. It almost feels as if there was one set for the "civilized" world, and one wholly different set who presented themselves to the "savages" of the world.

Each pantheon has warrior aspects of their Gods and Goddesses, as well as agricultural based aspects, and those governing life, love, home, family, health and wealth.

I have some solid information concerning Deities of the Old Ways here...

[edit on 17/8/2004 by Elswet]

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   

It doesn't become muddled until you try to apply that philosophy to the Western World (from Argentina to the North Pole). And yet, all native aboriginal Deities seem to overlay one another yet again.

IMHO it is the European( that is the Eourpean that settled in North America) interpretation of what the Native peoples believed that is the problem. I feel
fairly sure that there are many like my self who have had the chance to study
and learn "the old ways" that can see overlaps in tradition between our beliefs
and those of others.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I did not mean to say that the Native Americans were, themselves, muddled, but that the interpretation of their deities and practices have been muddled by those claiming to have the "inside track" to their spirituality.

I Myself am Cherokee, and live in the Smoky Mountains.

No offense to anyone either Native American, or otherwise.

new topics

top topics

join