It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Florida law forces cities and counties to repeal local gun laws

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Rick Scott rules!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
This has to be a lie!! He's a republican not a Democrat so how can he be against the second amendment? Looks like the fourth reich is starting in Florida,.

Who is "he"? Are you referring to Rick Scott? He is a republican yes, but he's not against the 2nd amendment and the article doesn't state anyone is against the 2nd by any shape or form. The article is simply stating that if you do not have a concealed weapons permit, you will face a harsher consequence.. did you fully read the article or what?

EDIT: disreguard this post.. I think it was me who misunderstood yours, sorry about that.

edit on 7-8-2011 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianC
Rick Scott rules!

Yea.. last time I lived here, Jeb Bush was in charge.. go military do the Iraq thing a few times and I come back in this A-hole is retaking FL's viriginity.. can't wait to see what 3 more years of Scott will do to this state.

edit on 7-8-2011 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Florida's Gun Laws ha ve been getting better and better in the time I have lived here!!

After Va Tech shootings, Florida voted to allow concealed carry on Public University Campuses.

This year, they voted to make it illegal for Doctors to ask patients if they own a gun.

Now it will be illegal for localities to limit gun rights.

Florida is on the right track!! I love this state!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

Actually this is not really a Nazi germany comparison. SCOTUS has ruled that cities cannot pass laws with regards to gun laws when the State has already established criteria. It also goes along with Supreme Court rulings for Washington DC and Chicago and their very restrictive gun laws.

Florida is a little bit ahead of the curve.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
This has to be a lie!! He's a republican not a Democrat so how can he be against the second amendment? Looks like the fourth reich is starting in Florida,.

Allow me to introduce to you my friend something so very tricky known as the 'False Left Right Paradigm'

Give it a look see.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Local governing bodies were violating State Law by banning concealed carry even if a person had a State issued license. Up until now there was no penalty for this, now state law demands that a uniform observance of ones right to carry is mandatory law and that a Municipality can be held libal for a violation as such. . Of note Orlando for one has now found that the loop hole in the law does not provide for knives, only firearms and has made arrests as such. Here is the irony, if you are arrested by a municipality for carrying a knife even the you have a Concealed Weapons Permit which allows you under State law to do so your CWP is pulled by the state until you are tried and hopefully found not guilty, if found guilty by the Municipality [most likely] you are now a criminal and under state law cannot hold a CWP, catch 22! It puts you in a situation were you must now sue the Municipality for violating state law to witch there is no force obliging them to obey

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

You like the beach and hate the second amendment, might I recommend California?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
ATS has become the worlds largest arena of non readers and givers of junk flags and stars.

I suppose the ones who cant read, like it when they click and color within the lines......

Good OP and great topic material.
edit on 7-8-2011 by Shadowalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Unfortunately, some of the thugs who run local government realized that the preemption law didn't provide for penalties for local government, government officials, and law enforcement that broke the law and enacted or enforced illegal local ordinances.

The new law provides penalties against all of those who pass or enforce local gun laws, which are illegal in our state.

When the state preempted localities from enacting gun laws back in 1987, nobody realized the bastards would intentionally break the law due to lack of penalty.

I've always ignored the local ordinances anyway

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

reply to post by 31Bravo

is it sad that i laughed because that's true. well minus that you can open carry a weapon but you have to make sure you have a legit copy of the law because only about 20% of police in California know about the law

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

edit on 8-8-2011 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Florida finally gets something right! I am always reminded of that video of the guy at the school board meeting who pulled a gun on the chairman for firing his wife and the whole room was at his mercy because idiots think that having gun prohibition in these meetings is a good idea and prevents other idiots from doing just what that guy did.

Had people been armed in there there would have been no prolonged situation and the guy would be dead never to threaten anyone again. When will people learn PROHIBITION DOESN'T WORK PERIOD not with guns, not with drugs, not with alcohol, not with anything!

So your saying we should have no laws whatsoever in the country?

That's brilliant

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

reply to post by 31Bravo

I think you misunderstood my post. Im not against the 2nd amendment.. I fought for this countries freedom the last 5 yrs so that makes no sense.. and I also own a CWP, so what are you talkin about?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I really wish my state had a preemption law. We have a town here that rejects any state CWP as legal and will arrest you if you even travel through it and get stopped for a traffic violation. It makes no sense to have a State Law and let a township violate the RIGHTS of the rest of the states citizens because it feels like it.

GO FLORIDA!

Zindo

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I agree with all the changes mentioned EXCEPT the fact that it will be legal to fire a gun into the air. I believe that this action should still remain illegal.

Most responsible gun owners would never fire a weapon into the air unless they're in the middle of nowhere, if even that. The only time I can believe that this would be acceptable is if someone is in the wilderness or on their ranch in order to scare off a bear, wolf, etc. rather than shooting it dead.

Unless it's one of the circumstances I've listed (unless someone can offer another), only idiots fire a gun into the air. Do these people think the bullet doesn't come down or disappears into deep space? I've read enough articles where people have been killed by these kinds of stray bullets. Only idiots fire guns into the air during weddings, 4th of July, and New Year's Eve.
edit on 14-8-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join