It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Florida law forces cities and counties to repeal local gun laws

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

New Florida law forces cities and counties to repeal local gun laws

www.sun-sentinel.com

Under a new law that takes effect Oct. 1, all of the state's cities and counties must repeal local rules limiting gun ownership. Although the state has claimed sole right to regulate firearms since 1987, this year's new law adds fines for local officials who fail to comply, and gives gun owners a right to sue for damages if they believe their rights have been violated.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Nazi Germany also pondered this subject.... EXCEPT they actually tried to figure out how to do it. They counted on having to deal with at least 20 million well armed militia in the US on top of the Army.
They figure it would take an army of 15 million soldiers to even THINK about invading the US --- In contrast, they only invaded the Soviet Union with less than half of that.
In the end, they never came up with a workable answer.... they figure the US would be the last country left after they took over the world..... the suggestion of the strategists working on this problem was that when they got to that point, Germany should try to make peace with the US rather than invade.
THIS is why the 2nd Amendment exists...... and why it BETTER continue to exist.

www.sun-sentinel.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

No, no, no.

This article is saying that laws limiting guns will ne lifted. No gun laws.

This is good.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
For once some sane news from behind the big ocean.

Keep it up, we have seen enough of the bad ones already

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I took the Nazi story as the extreme governments that looked at taking us over realized how hard it would be if we stayed armed. The city's want to disarm like Hitler did. How lucky we are we have not been removed from our established right to bear arms. Thank God we live where we at least have a fighting chance IF we don't give up our rights or LET 'them' take our rights away.

History of the Magna Carta and ultimately for us of non-nobility, was the signing of which made the way for the first establishment of rights for all. The lesson we take from here is how it came to be so important to establish this to prevent tyrannical leaders running amuck doing more harm to humanity than good. It is at the heart of why the Constitution and Bill of Rights were so carefully crafted by those considered some of the worlds finest lawyers when I was a boy, Philadelphia Lawyers. Those who consider themselves our rightful rulers despite our desire to be left alone and pursue happiness wish to take it all back by any means and that is what I get by the observation above.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Gun laws should be by state.
When you get cities and counties making there own gun laws you get a problem with confusion where no one is sure what the gun law is as they drive down the road.

This provides for uniform firearm laws and prevents situations found in other states (such as New York City) where traveling with an otherwise legal firearm could put a citizen at risk of violating local city ordinances.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
This has to be a lie!! He's a republican not a Democrat so how can he be against the second amendment? Looks like the fourth reich is starting in Florida,.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Indiana has enacted a similar law taking gun control restrictions away from local governments. So, that's a good thing for Florida and I'm sure other states will follow suit as well.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
have respondants to this thread actually read the article ???????????????

i will quote the key sentence :

all of the state's cities and counties must repeal local rules limiting gun ownership.

is that simple enough for you ??????

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Yes. That means that local city and county gun laws have to be repealed. That means local cities and counties CANNOT make laws restricting gun owners anymore. The article also states that if any local city or county government tries to enforce a gun restriction, they can be fined and a gun owner can sue.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Not only are most not reading the article but they are not even reading the quote in the very first post of the thread.

Under a new law that takes effect Oct. 1, all of the state's cities and counties must repeal local rules limiting gun ownership. Although the state has claimed sole right to regulate firearms since 1987, this year's new law adds fines for local officials who fail to comply, and gives gun owners a right to sue for damages if they believe their rights have been violated.

Simple to understand? Yes.

Perfect material for those who do not read and want to make a fuss about something they know nothing about? Absolutely.

Raist

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Go Florida...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Florida finally gets something right! I am always reminded of that video of the guy at the school board meeting who pulled a gun on the chairman for firing his wife and the whole room was at his mercy because idiots think that having gun prohibition in these meetings is a good idea and prevents other idiots from doing just what that guy did.

Had people been armed in there there would have been no prolonged situation and the guy would be dead never to threaten anyone again. When will people learn PROHIBITION DOESN'T WORK PERIOD not with guns, not with drugs, not with alcohol, not with anything!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
now look for an increase in felony arrests as the only way to disarm citizens
i believe the war on drugs is one of the gun control laws in effect
make everyone a convicted felon they cannot be armed , backdoor gun control
just my opinion

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RUNSILENT

So you are saying the state forcing the cities and counties to get rid of gun bans/restrictions is a bad thing?

I just want to understand what I am reading.

Thanks

Raist

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Its a well known fact if you allow your citizens to bear arms, then the crime rate will plummet because the criminals get put on even ground with you. You either have alot of balls or are just plain stupid to invade and burglarize someones home, when they can walk in, catch you and shoot you in the head and are in the right to defend their homes and families.

What happens if you disarm America? The criminals will have firearms, freshly imported from the black market. You? You're defenseless. Burglars will have the firearms, and you will have to stand by and watch them murder your family and your wife because you saw their face or can somehow ID them. You will wish you had a gun before they squeeze the trigger and end you. The last thought to enter your brain as you die will be "why didnt i own a gun?".

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Florida has had a "Make My Day" law, for a long time...this will just make it easier for people to protect their homes, property, and themselves..especially people that never thought about owning a gun.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Florida gun laws are pretty relaxed to begin with, which is a good thing imo.

You can get a concealed carry permit and you can shot someone who is invading your home.

This new law would punish city and county officials who impose laws that go against the state laws.

Good for Florida.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
gun laws are on a state by state basis theres a loophole that any gun manufactured within a state is exempt from federal law.

the deal is when those guns are sold between them then the government steps in and "regulates" commerce.

i am an advocate for gun rights and this warms my heart that local laws will be repealed.

wish more people would wake up to the people telling us what to do with our guns aint so repsonsible with theirs.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Gee the Florida government doing something good for once? Hell has frozen over or what?

Anyway, good move, and every state in America should do that...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join