It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel PM vows change after huge protests

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

PRIME Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday promised change as he tried to ease growing anger over the cost of living after an unprecedented number of Israelis took part in nationwide protests.

Speaking before a weekly cabinet meeting, Netanyahu acknowledged the frustration of the more than 250,000 people who took to the streets last night to demand cheaper housing, education and health care.

"We can't ignore the magnitude of the social protests," he said.

"We know that we need to make changes and we will do so, showing ourselves to be responsible and responsive to the demands," he added in remarks broadcast on public radio.

"We want to establish a real dialogue and hear from everyone who can propose solutions, even if we cannot meet all the demands," he said.

Source

Those in charge may be corrupt, but at least the Israeli people have demonstrated they can protest peacefully and still effect some sort of change from their rulers. Good to see the Israeli Government is not responding harshly to these protesters like some other Middle Eastern countries seem to be doing lately. Of course it still remains to be seen if these protests will result in change, but at least this is an example of a positive story coming out of that region of the world.

----------------------

Related articles:
Israeli media hail 'revolution' of protest
edit on 7/8/2011 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Good to see the Israeli Government is not responding harshly to these protesters like some other Middle Eastern countries seem to be doing lately.
KInd of makes you wonder who the real "bad guys" are in the middle east.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Bravo to the Israelis for mounting such an effective protest. Imo Netanyahu is cornered....he can't afford to use violence on Israeli protesters - can you imagine the world reaction if he did? So he's stuck with his protesters, who continue to increase in number and who are not going away. They mean business.

He has to either come up with a solution which satisfies the protesters, or his government will be toppled.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I was hoping that the protests were about the Unjustified and illegal blockade against palistine and the murder of palistinian civilians and children should be stopped at once.

But i was being nieve and alitttle hopefull. I should have known it was only selfish Israeli's wanting more for themselves.

Seriously, Gods so called choosen ones make me sick

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
That Nethaniel guy should just step down already.

Like already. Now.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

Why do you feel the need to turn a positive story into a negative, unrelated issue? There are plenty of other threads you can visit to voice your disgust of Israel in regard to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Israel wanting a better quality of life for themselves is as natural as any other nation wanting the same for its own citizens...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
reply to post by meathed

Why do you feel the need to turn a positive story into a negative, unrelated issue? There are plenty of other threads you can visit to voice your disgust of Israel in regard to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Israel wanting a better quality of life for themselves is as natural as any other nation wanting the same for its own citizens...

Because this is not a positive story.
This story is about gods self proclaimed choosen one's wanting more and more and more for themselves.
This is all related, so tell me how it is not???
This thread is about Israel, how again is my comments not related to the OP???
There is nothing wrong with wanting a better life, but if getting that better life means killing innocent civilians just to get your own way ,,,well that is Sadistic to say the least.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Talking about change and actually making change are two different things.
Time will tell...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I think its all a show, he is probably doing this purely to make Israel look "better" than the surrounding nations who shoot protesters. He may appease the Israeli people somehow, but at what cost to non-Israeli's will it be?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by meathed

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
reply to post by meathed

Because this is not a positive story.
This story is about gods self proclaimed choosen one's wanting more and more and more fory themselves.
This is all related, so tell me how it is not???
This thread is about Israel, how again is my comments not related to the OP???
There is nothing wrong with wanting a better life, but if getting that better life means killing innocent civilians just to get your own way ,,,well that is Sadistic to say the least.

You have been hoodwinked by the left media. Wherever you get your information is built by the giant propaganda machine to turn the world against israel. I suggest you re-evaluate your standpoint and look at things from israels perspective. Here is few to consider. Children are sometimes shot and killed because of colateral damage which is present in any type of conflict and the isrealis try to minimize that more than anyone and children are also known to have bombs strapped to their chests and sent in as suicide bombers. You sir are seriously misinformed.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

It's more that anytime you hear the word "Israel" mentioned that you have this unhealthy obsession of associating anything to do with the word as being responsible for the suffering of the Palestinian people. Any story you hear that mentions Israel triggers this strong emotional connection you feel on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, which causes you to go off-topic and rant about how bad Israel is and how they are anything but "God's Chosen people".

You are entitled to this opinion, but this thread has nothing to do with the Israeli-Palestinian conflict (and who is right/wrong) and is about Israeli and its citizens.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

its called being human, try to understand that they are just as flawed as you or i, you cant judge a life not your own just because they do things you oppose. you are a mere spectator looking in.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

It started out with protests against the housing costs but then moved into other areas, such as the one you complain about. There's articles talking about what the protesters are protesting about but I gotta find em

The Real News Network - July 24

RT News - July 31

The Real News Network - August 1

The Real News Network - August 4

Israel Erupts in Protest, Tens of Thousands Chant "Revolution"

www.alternet.org...

The protests are part of a larger movement that began as opposition to rising housing prices, and indeed is still centered around that issue, but has spread to other social justice and progressive causes.

edit on 7-8-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Israel is an evil government just like many.

The Israeli people are good.

Good for them

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by vermonster
Israel is an evil government just like many.

The Israeli people are good.

Good for them

www.liveleak.com...

Perhaps a percentage of the 5.8 million people are wondering where the 100 Bill$ handout from the US went once it hit the Israeli Govt hands.

When a Palestinian throws a rock... Israel responds by using a million $ weapon. Yes there is a need for change all round in that despot.
edit on 7-8-2011 by LexiconV because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I have been keeping up with the protests and the statements coming from Netanyahu, and I have taken the needed time to inform myself about what is being blogged or reported concerning these protests.

Secondly, I have read the many postings on ATS and other sites and as a result, I have formulated some observations that are not being mentioned or discussed in the media, alternative media or anywhere for that matter. With that in mind, I thought I would add some discussion to these protests and Netanyahu's recent public response.

First off is the point that there is no way I feel that this just came out of the blue. A complete surprise? No, I don't think so. In fact, I contend that this problem has been known about for some time because it is being "Managed" by those in politics like Prime Minister Netanyahu and other ranking political members who all just happen to be hard core Zionist helping each other make money over others, even if they have to extort it out of fellow Israelis by using the system and abuse of power to achieve such a criminal state.

Corruption, manipulation and control over these protesters is a clear effort to treat people like slaves and in this case we have Zionist abusing their fellow Israelis for profit. How pathetic and how criminal.

I heard that these protestors, living in tents are not poor, not destitute, not hobos, not out on their luck families, no, no no. We are talking about working husband and wives who after working 12 hours a day can not afford housing due to a shortage and the price of available homes.

Once again we openly see big gangster methods of catering to special interests, select industrialist and select Zionist owned construction companies, select politicians, and many others that all contribute to taking advantage of fellows Israelis for profits.

This problem is not new, it is however unexpected and of which the timing appears to create some significant concern among Israeli politicians and even the American media that has been showing how peaceful and how fed up everyone is having to live in your country where you are a slave to those that run the nation.

Bribes, corruption and favoritism is clear to see for anyone that understands how big government works with contractors that because of the billion dollar projects, give back millions to those that help make money. The same old story about greed and power and control. Complete control to treat you like a refugee, while contributing to your inability to live in decent housing and extorting all the money you make for other things to ensure you never have enough to improve your plight. .

The criminal approach to politics is a clear leadership statement of fact that says Netanyahu isn't qualified to resolve this issue, because he is a big part of the problem at the highest level of government.

I realize the irony of this situation now more than ever with regard to when Obama requested wanting Israel to curtail or cease building projects and one has to ask if this isn't all just staged theater. I never stopped to think about those who needed those homes to live in.

Anyway, I feel that Netanyahu is giving all the right phrases and empty platitudes on all the controlled media in an effort to diminish the protests and where this problem could potentially take Israel if things get, "Aggravated" by outside elements intent on attacking Israel when Israel has turned on itself and its leaders.

Netanyahu and Israel are facing world attention on matters that while appearing all for freedom and such, Its really all about human dignity and some rights to a decent life especially in the nation you call your home.

This type of negative mention in certain circles will no doubt be restricted, but to me it appears as if Netanyahu will say and do anything to appear as a leader, and to send everyone, every protester back home while the Zionist process their lists of who these protesters are and begins "Special Treatment" so as to send a message of who really is in charge, later when things quiet down and when matters settle down in the media.

Don't like living in a tent, well how about prison? How about some cozy FEMA camp for you and your wonderful family? We'll teach you what for if you keep making waves or speaking out against the government.

Anyway, I can see a future uprising if this blatant corruption is allowed to exist and it fair to say that any and all internal strife that Israel experiences will be watched by the world and just how it responds while appearing to appease the protesters.

Out of sight out of mind is the Zionist solution and the world is being shown proof positive that this is how Israel Zionist treat its own citizens, then is it any wonder it treats it neighbors in the way it currently does?

Much is at stake in these protests and I sincerely hope those with families and who both work will soon find some solution to the created dilemma everyone is living through, because if nothing is done to remedy the problem or if the situation becomes a tool to seek revenge on the "lists that have already been created regarding the protesters and who they are by name etc. etc., then I fear that things will get more action filled, much like in the UK with exploding and flaming cars and houses with protesters clashing and openly fighting with riot troops and all their toys.

Thanks for the thread. I cant wait to hear or see what Netanyahu and others do next. I just hope its rational and truly benefits the citizens of Israel who appear to be quite fed up with the current state of affairs.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I have been keeping up with the protests and the statements coming from Netanyahu, and I have taken the needed time to inform myself about what is being blogged or reported concerning these protests.

Secondly, I have read the many postings on ATS and other sites and as a result, I have formulated some observations that are not being mentioned or discussed in the media, alternative media or anywhere for that matter. With that in mind, I thought I would add some discussion to these protests and Netanyahu's recent public response.

First off is the point that there is no way I feel that this just came out of the blue. A complete surprise? No, I don't think so. In fact, I contend that this problem has been known about for some time because it is being "Managed" by those in politics like Prime Minister Netanyahu and other ranking political members who all just happen to be hard core Zionist helping each other make money over others, even if they have to extort it out of fellow Israelis by using the system and abuse of power to achieve such a criminal state.

Corruption, manipulation and control over these protesters is a clear effort to treat people like slaves and in this case we have Zionist abusing their fellow Israelis for profit. How pathetic and how criminal.

I heard that these protestors, living in tents are not poor, not destitute, not hobos, not out on their luck families, no, no no. We are talking about working husband and wives who after working 12 hours a day can not afford housing due to a shortage and the price of available homes.

Once again we openly see big gangster methods of catering to special interests, select industrialist and select Zionist owned construction companies, select politicians, and many others that all contribute to taking advantage of fellows Israelis for profits.

This problem is not new, it is however unexpected and of which the timing appears to create some significant concern among Israeli politicians and even the American media that has been showing how peaceful and how fed up everyone is having to live in your country where you are a slave to those that run the nation.

Bribes, corruption and favoritism is clear to see for anyone that understands how big government works with contractors that because of the billion dollar projects, give back millions to those that help make money. The same old story about greed and power and control. Complete control to treat you like a refugee, while contributing to your inability to live in decent housing and extorting all the money you make for other things to ensure you never have enough to improve your plight. .

The criminal approach to politics is a clear leadership statement of fact that says Netanyahu isn't qualified to resolve this issue, because he is a big part of the problem at the highest level of government.

I realize the irony of this situation now more than ever with regard to when Obama requested wanting Israel to curtail or cease building projects and one has to ask if this isn't all just staged theater. I never stopped to think about those who needed those homes to live in.

Anyway, I feel that Netanyahu is giving all the right phrases and empty platitudes on all the controlled media in an effort to diminish the protests and where this problem could potentially take Israel if things get, "Aggravated" by outside elements intent on attacking Israel when Israel has turned on itself and its leaders.

Netanyahu and Israel are facing world attention on matters that while appearing all for freedom and such, Its really all about human dignity and some rights to a decent life especially in the nation you call your home.

This type of negative mention in certain circles will no doubt be restricted, but to me it appears as if Netanyahu will say and do anything to appear as a leader, and to send everyone, every protester back home while the Zionist process their lists of who these protesters are and begins "Special Treatment" so as to send a message of who really is in charge, later when things quiet down and when matters settle down in the media.

Don't like living in a tent, well how about prison? How about some cozy FEMA camp for you and your wonderful family? We'll teach you what for if you keep making waves or speaking out against the government.

Anyway, I can see a future uprising if this blatant corruption is allowed to exist and it fair to say that any and all internal strife that Israel experiences will be watched by the world and just how it responds while appearing to appease the protesters.

Out of sight out of mind is the Zionist solution and the world is being shown proof positive that this is how Israel Zionist treat its own citizens, then is it any wonder it treats it neighbors in the way it currently does?

Much is at stake in these protests and I sincerely hope those with families and who both work will soon find some solution to the created dilemma everyone is living through, because if nothing is done to remedy the problem or if the situation becomes a tool to seek revenge on the "lists that have already been created regarding the protesters and who they are by name etc. etc., then I fear that things will get more action filled, much like in the UK with exploding and flaming cars and houses with protesters clashing and openly fighting with riot troops and all their toys.

Thanks for the thread. I cant wait to hear or see what Netanyahu and others do next. I just hope its rational and truly benefits the citizens of Israel who appear to be quite fed up with the current state of affairs.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

blaming these protest on zionists is the most ignorant thing i heard. These people who are protesting are israeli jews (zionists by your definition).

As for why Netanyahu cant use force on the protesters its very simple:
A. israel is a democracy and Force is not used against its own people.
B. The army in israel is mandatory, and the people who are protesting are the soldiers and the army. So unless they start beating themselves it wont happen.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Israel has zero sympathy for Palestinians, they have no qualms about telling Americans what to think in their own congress, they manipulate governments to prevent Palestine from being recognized by the UN, but when their people start to protest they listen. I guess we finally found the kink in the armor. I wish the U.S. government would actually listen to their own people.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

you are ignorant and racist so i wont bother replying.
Your post should be on a racist site not on ATS. Unless you want to back your remarks with evidence dont bother posting, it makes you sound like member of the underclass that is perpetuated by the people who teach you this racist crap.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join