It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Helicopter Crash in North Carolina

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Apparently a military helicopter crashed into a house at 1738 Wire Road in Harnett County North Carolina. No further info was available so far. Anyone live near there? Maybe the local media is reporting.

Update: A local news station is now reporting that a chopper made an emergency landing in Harnett. Still waiting further details.

www.wral.com...

(Look under the breaking news bit on top)

[edit on 17-8-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Sorry for the editing John I know that makes it a pain.

Anyways, it's coming across as having not caused any structural damage to the house and thankfully no injuries were reported. Doesn't look weather related to me, but this is weird. Don't often get choppers dropping down near people's homes.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
My brother lives in Harnett County, very close to Wire Road, I'll call him and see if he has any information on it.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Ok, my brother isn't home, but I've done a search on every local station in the area and no one is reporting this story. I searched wral and I don't see it listed there, do you have a direct link to the story?

Harnet County borders Cumberland County, which is were Ft Bragg is, home to the 82nd Airborne. It wouldn't be surprising to have any kind of military aircraft problems anywhere near there. I can't remember what county Camp Lejeune is in but its not that far anyway, not as the crow flies

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Well this story making the news in NC proves to me that not much is happening there right now. According to the link you provided, a helicopter made an emergency landing because a warning light came on. No other problems were reported. The helicopter was not damaged and no injuries occurred. Typically this sort of story would not have even made the news when I lived near there.

new topics

top topics

join