It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nootropic drugs waste of money or should i look into them?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by hypervalentiodine

really did you or your parents pay for it? because I paid my way to college and still work and go to school. Did you work and go to school at the same time? Ps working for the family biz isn't a real job its having daddy hand you money.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf

really did you or your parents pay for it? because I paid my way to college and still work and go to school. Did you work and go to school at the same time? Ps working for the family biz isn't a real job its having daddy hand you money.

I haven't lived at home since I was 15. I not only put myself through senior high school, but my whole degree completely unassisted and drug free.

And yes, I've held down various jobs ever since I moved out.
edit on 8-8-2011 by hypervalentiodine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by hypervalentiodine

I'm taking 16 credits buddy. I'm not on the 17 year plan where I only take one class every quarter. It's also in the IT field try taking four classes in the I.T. field
each class requires 4 hours a week of reading and two hours of actual computer time needed to understand the way it's done add in homework, and that's another two hours. That's eight hours a class so times that by 4 and its 32 hours of work on top of working a 40-hour workweek. Do that every week for 11 weeks and tell me if you wouldn't want help as well? I don't need the drug but I would like the help

Try doing a PhD in organic chemistry, then get back to me about how hard you have it.

As I said and as others have said here, if you have to take drugs just to get through your degree, then I'm afraid you just aren't cut out for it.
do you say that to children that need adhd meds as well
since Timmy needs medication to pay attention in school i suggest you just write him off and get him a job selling oranges on the freeway underpasses
You are not in the medical field your just a kid with strong opinions and an over active imagination with a false sense of superiority.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

ok Doogee Howser and i bet you finished school at 19 and got your phd at 22. Your story is just to fantastical to even reply to i now know who I'm dealing with. Ps i thought you had been the same person when comparing your writing styles and what you said I should have check your IP address then hit you with a port scanner the sec you started to mouth off lucky for you im not like that

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Try hydergena/hydergene, the only sunstance official used by the FDA for reanimation after death with little to no brain damage....

You want a drug to make you aware? Try it out......works great, orginally used for demetia. Will make yer stomach a wee quezzy though.....and it is very awakening....

Check er out

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

You are not in the medical field your just a kid with strong opinions and an over active imagination with a false sense of superiority.
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

Sorry to burst your bubble mate, but i do actually know Hyper. There is no lie here mate, just hard work and dedication, and a passion for it.

Please do not throw insults around, without some information first.

vvv

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

Have you seen the film Limitless? Whilst not real as far as I know def something that would be hihgly valued!!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

ok Doogee Howser and i bet you finished school at 19 and got your phd at 22. Your story is just to fantastical to even reply to i now know who I'm dealing with. Ps i thought you had been the same person when comparing your writing styles and what you said I should have check your IP address then hit you with a port scanner the sec you started to mouth off lucky for you im not like that

Believe me, don't believe me; I don't actually care. It's your life and you can obviously you can do with it as you will. All I was saying (by way of analogy) was that if you have to resort to memory enhancers, maybe you're not looking at the right career path. Just some food for thought.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by hypervalentiodine

I'm taking 16 credits buddy. I'm not on the 17 year plan where I only take one class every quarter. It's also in the IT field try taking four classes in the I.T. field
each class requires 4 hours a week of reading and two hours of actual computer time needed to understand the way it's done add in homework, and that's another two hours. That's eight hours a class so times that by 4 and its 32 hours of work on top of working a 40-hour workweek. Do that every week for 11 weeks and tell me if you wouldn't want help as well? I don't need the drug but I would like the help

Try doing a PhD in organic chemistry, then get back to me about how hard you have it.

As I said and as others have said here, if you have to take drugs just to get through your degree, then I'm afraid you just aren't cut out for it.
do you say that to children that need adhd meds as well
since Timmy needs medication to pay attention in school i suggest you just write him off and get him a job selling oranges on the freeway underpasses

Never said I was in the medical field. In fact, as this quote nicely points out, I said organic chemistry. MD's and PhD's are quite distinct, as it turns out.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Really, calm down.

There is no reason to question who Hyper is, what is being said is the complete truth, i vouch for that.

Also, memory enhancers is really not the answer mate. It can be accomplished without the need for such things.

vvv

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I can personally say that piracetam helps my memory and increases the speed at which I process information. Most apparent when combined with hydergine and/or huperzine-A. Haven't tried oxiracetam or any other -racetams. Most of these chemicals have a synergy with each other, meaning you get more out of taking two or three at once than the sum of the effects of each individual chemical.

If I recall correctly, piracetam is used in the UK to help delay the onset of Alzheimer's.

Bulknutrition.com sells all these chems and in bulk (they are generally safe and non-toxic and you can just scoop a bit into your OJ in the morning to take them, that's what I did - bought a kilo of raw piracetam). At least they did at one point. I haven't looked in a while. But yeah nootropics have some very real effects.

Perhaps the most drastic effect I and others have noticed is the intense and often unstable potentiation of recreational drugs. Seriously, BE CAREFUL. Especially with stimulants and psychedelics. Not the best idea to combine them, you almost certainly will end up waaaayyyy more intoxicated than you expected.

Edit: I also recommend Pregnenolone. It's always a good idea to take some DMAE and/or acetylcholine supplements when using nootropics. Maybe take some 5-HTP (these last three chemicals are precursors to neurotransmitters which will be "used up" faster when on nootropics).
edit on 8-8-2011 by tetsuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

The shakes lol really buddy your in medical field. if they had been uppers or downers yeah but these drugs aren't additive. I wouldn't take the adhd stimulant drug to study ps its also not classified as a Nootropic. To tell you the truth I'm having a hard time believing your what you say you are based on the information you put out. I can believe the English lit degree.

Psst...you can develop chemical dependence with drugs that aren't necessarily addictive. You can develop tremors from alcohol abstinence without ever having been addicted, just due to prolonged use.

Maybe you should learn a bit about the drugs you're discussing before claiming other people are clueless.

Ps you did say there is no evidence to show any improvements made in metal cognition by taking these pills basically you said they do not work. [

Wow, what piss-poor logic skills you have. These drugs are used for many, many other things apart from improving cognition. One of the bigger uses is to relieve the symptoms of Parkinson's, namely, the dyskinetic movements associated with it.

But, you know, I'm sure you're SO much more informed on this topic. I mean, you're in university and taking a whole SIXTEEN credit hours! Golly-gosh! What's it like up in your ivory tower, looking down on those of us who have already finished three degrees?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I've been using the stuff from Neurohancement Labs with goods results. My friend at school put me onto it. www.neurohancementlabs.com...

You can usually find discount codes on the internet.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greywolf01
You can usually find discount codes on the internet.

On sale at Amazon

www.bioportfolio.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Long time no post.

I was on Yahoo Answers and saw a discount code mentioned in a post. 'Neuro'.

answers.yahoo.com...;_ylt=Aqc229oeN1AikMGDFH_9m73sy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20121109173115AAaaJsa

I tested it on the site and it seems to be for 1/2 off. No info about expiration though.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
So let me get this straight...

Someone who is genetically made to not be intellectual is just supposed to sit by and take a bad quality of life because they're not 'cut out' for a specific field?

Listen... I come from a family of mainly uneducated people who obviously have MANY health issues that hinder their ability to get very far in life. Through experimentation (mainly pot and amphetimines) my eyes were opened (big time). Because of those risks I now possess a new capacity to see things objectionally, in a way that allows me to actually compete with the modern world somewhat.

So, OP, you do what you gotta do. I got the short end of the stick in a lot of things in life and decided that I was sick of feeling inferior, as well as being treated like I was a joke everywhere I went. Currently, I am breaking the law using underground steroids due to a severe testosterone defficiency from a genetic problem that doctors here in Canada refuse to treat due to my age (I'm 26 so they think I want to just get muscular but it's not that simple of a situation - and they refuse to send me for genetic testing to warrant the prescription I actually need).

But yeah, my point is this - life is not fair and you do what you gotta do to make yourself happy, just try not to hurt anyone in the process. Good luck.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Smoke82

Your analogy hardly applies in this context. If someone is not intellectually cut out to do a degree or doesn't have the stamina/motivation to do the work without resorting to drugs, then how exactly are they going to cope when they go on and do post graduate study or enter the workforce in the are they've studied for? More drugs?

Plenty of people have managed to get through a degree while working full time/near enough to full time work as makes no difference. Some of them even do that with kids in the mix. It's not that it can't be done, it's that pcrobot apparently can't or couldn't do it (or claimed not to be able to). And perhaps he/she actually can't/couldn't do it, in which case pcrobot should have looked at doing something else.

Not everyone has the ability to survive a degree, which is why (as another member put it) not everybody should go to college. Assuming some sort of warped privilege where you should just be able to do everything you want to do regardless of whether or not you're actually able to do it is as impractical as it is silly. Simply, if you can't handle the heat then get out of the kitchen.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join