It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds may be muzzling scientist over Arctic research

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
does climate change have to = global warming ??
if so then, we have global warming BUT "Mont Blanc glacier almost doubles in size in four years"

and then there's Recent scientific studies indicating ... "Rather than spiraling into a meltdown, we may be heading into next ice age"

and if that isn't confusing enough ... when you consider the earth may be warming From the inside and out, we find this happening ... "Yet more deep-sea hydrothermal vents"

and if that isn't a questionable enough addition to previous equations, let's contemplate that according to ... "Rasmussen: 69% Believe Scientists Have Falsified Global Warming Research"

now, don't get me wrong ... i didn't review or interpret the data and i wouldn't claim the data is wrong but i am highly suspect of the interpretation of said data.

while it's true we are experiencing extreme conditions on both ends of the climate spectrum, it is possible or even likely that the earth is advancing toward a new ice age.

for more info regarding each headline in "quotes " above ... please view this link or another one alt link or perhaps this one APS

excerpt from the APS article sourced previously and above.
commentary adopted by council in 2010

The third paragraph, first sentence, recommends an enhanced effort to understand the effects of human activity on Earth's climate. This sentence should be interpreted broadly and more specifically: an enhanced effort is needed to understand both anthropogenic processes and the natural cycles that affect the Earth's climate. Improving the scientific understanding of all climate feedbacks is critical to reducing the uncertainty in modeling the consequences of doubling the CO2-equivalent concentration. In addition, more extensive and more accurate scientific measurements are needed to test the validity of climate models to increase confidence in their projections.
2nd paragraph from end of page.
please note that i see climate change all around me but i do not agree that it's exclusively a warming trend.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Just a little visual evidence for the skeptics here.

edit on 16-8-2011 by harold223 because: Fix links

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
as a side note ... as much as some science wants to pinpoint emissions, no science body seems to even bother to investigate the impact deforestation had on GHG filtration then or now.

little science has investigated the increased volcanic activity both above and below sea level.

minimal concern or consideration has been given to the perpetual impact of GHGs released with increasing earthquake activity.

solar effects are just being contemplated and studied (hasn't been a solar max in awhile)

these factors are blatantly absent form every evaluation and, without looking at all factors, there should be no consensus.
where's all the science?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
as a side note ... as much as some science wants to pinpoint emissions, no science body seems to even bother to investigate the impact deforestation had on GHG filtration then or now.

little science has investigated the increased volcanic activity both above and below sea level.

minimal concern or consideration has been given to the perpetual impact of GHGs released with increasing earthquake activity.

solar effects are just being contemplated and studied (hasn't been a solar max in awhile)

these factors are blatantly absent form every evaluation and, without looking at all factors, there should be no consensus.
where's all the science?

I see that point about studies to show us about losing the forest in whole regions. Maybe we think this because the data about how much certain tree foilage absorbs is there and is taught to a degree, to the University Biology student, but it is boring. It is very boring data for a biologist so they care not to run the numbers as in a Physics lab, as one who has had to muddle through it. They did not need to quantify it at the time anyway, just to observe what occurs at the leaf level. At that time I was thinking "no hard stuff just animals and plants this will be a breeze", wow was I wrong about that challenge it was motivating and interesting just learning at that point for me. But that type of thing made me say "you need chemistry too" so I double majored. Years later, I now see a bigger picture of a rain forest being essentially a major cause of climate change and this whole carbon footprint concept as a mechanism for a fleecing of the public. We do most certainly have to be stewards of the land. However, someone with deep access to money has pre determined the outcomes of what "truth's" about science makes it to the common man and these greedt power peddlers are hampering progress of both this society and man himself from where I sit in this field in renewable energy alone. The hypocracy is at an all time level for Al Gore born in TN raised in Washington DC. And the shills want to say we can tax our way out of it in a nutshell while we see squashed plans for clean renewable energy ideas that I know will work and more serious considerationf for the old design Nuclear plants. While inherintly safe ones have been designed money to pay a new inventor who would not be titled the GE corp is holding us back from safer methods. That people, is following the money trail.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I've seen some contradictory data and recent facts on global warming, but I prefer to put the issue aside a bit, as there are far more pressing ecological matters that the mainstream media and TPTB will surely not address as the catastrophe these are...

That includes:

- ongoing Fukushima nuclear disaster
- the global geoengineering program, that means systematic pollution of the air and the oceans with more toxic substances
- Out of control techno-industrial development, that has got many facets, ranging from the tar sands in Canada to the BP oil spill, to the invasive real-estate industry, biotech, nanotech, Frankenstein GMO technology...
- species disappearing, due to pollution and the industrial development that's related to it
- Bee colony collapse
- the "cleaning out" of the oceans by disgusting mass-fishing practices
- industrialization of animal exploitation and death
- pollution, pollution... still more pollution

It seems like the establishment has picked up on the climate change issue in an attempt to cover those really critical matters. Unsurprisingly, there are many financial/political interests behind the Copenhagen and Cancun summits who are found to be directly involved in these... or aren't any of these issues were seriously addressed during these fake eco-summits? I doubt.
edit on 28/5/12 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join