It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Insiders Expose the Ugly Side of the Entertainment Industry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
here are some exerpts and one Video, there are many on this page however i have chosen
to add just one Vid you can view the other upon viewing this link.

When Insiders Expose the Ugly Side of the Entertainment Industry
By VC | June 2nd, 2010 | Category: Movies and TV, Music Business, Vigilant Reports | 1,330 comments

This article documents some of today’s well-known artists who have gone on record and spoken about the dark side of the entertainment industry. Some of the industry’s biggest stars, including Dave Chappelle, Michael Jackson and Bob Dylan, have hinted at the true nature of the business in their own words. Here are some of my findings.
Although most artists will not use the terms “mind control” or “occult initiation,” they are explaining, in their own words, the strange realities they are witnessing. These are some videos I’ve found. I hope they’ll work for everyone.

This stand-up comedian, screenwriter, producer and actor is most famous for creating Chappelle’s Show, a ground-breaking sketch comedy television series which ran on Comedy Central until 2006. The DVD set is currently the all-time best-selling DVD for a television show, having sold more than three million copies. Its early success prompted Viacom (Comedy Central’s parent company) to offer Chappelle a $55 million contract for the production of two more seasons of Chappelle’s Show. The production of season 3 was extremely difficult, however, as Chappelle did not like the direction the show was taking. He even referred to it as being “socially irresponsible.” Chappelle also had troubles coping with the pressure coming from network executives to compromise and dumb-down his show.

On May 2005, Chappelle abruptly left the production of season 3 of the show and traveled to Africa. A media frenzy ensued, fueled by speculation and rumors of Chappelle “going crazy” and being on drugs. Upon his return, Chappelle was interviewed on Inside the Actors Studio in December 2005. He discussed many subjects, including his reasons for leaving for Africa. In this next portion of the interview, Chappelle describes in a very vivid matter the “sick” nature of Hollywood.

vigilantcitizen.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by awareness10

Good stuff.

I just did a quick analysis of the movie Paul after reading up on all this. I have a link in my sig.

Dave blew then split just like that it seemed. He spoke out and then just stopped doing shows. Typical.

Always have respect for those that speak out against injustice.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

There the sitting...all the actor students...listening to every word Chappele has to say. When he explains that Hollywood is a sick environment they almost give him a standing ovation.

Meanwhile if you would pull one of these students from the audiance and offer them a hollywood contract and ask them to sign it in their own blood they would ask you for a knife.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Interesting article, I find what Bob Dylan said to be very interesting, while it seems he did make a deal (with the folk world by being their temporary champion) he seems to imply something a little deeper here.

Although this IS written into blues mythology and bob is a big blues man, maybe it was homage? He seems to have paid the price for this I have to say though, he certainly has.....

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by zatara

There the sitting...all the actor students...listening to every word Chappele has to say. When he explains that Hollywood is a sick environment they almost give him a standing ovation.

Meanwhile if you would pull one of these students from the audiance and offer them a hollywood contract and ask them to sign it in their own blood they would ask you for a knife.

True story. The average person would bend over and spread their cheeks twice for money and fame.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
sucks to be famous, well it has some nasty drawbacks if that is not what you want.

at least he found that out.

you can't be just a normal person with a cool job and a talent.

that is the price of fame, it is unexpected and not cool for most.

eta; people invest money in you and they want a profit.

they make you tour and sell your product, books, movies, appearances, etc.

check out how much and what goes into just a hit single.

www.npr.org...

edit on 7-8-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
hell if there were any entertainment lawyers on here my work had been plagerized or better yet changed just enough to end up on tv with a different name.

hollywood, is a joke. its full of self-serving greedy whores.

the nicest man in hollywood i ever had the chance to know was Larry the cable guy.

I was his body double in 2007 for his christmas spectacular. he was the kind of man who would mow your lawn on a sunday if he was bored and finished his yard already.

getting to work with him for 2 days was one of the best experiences of my life. i offered him a movie treatment, and he said "im sorry, i cant take this because of the sue-happy people out there." he was very sincere and he said normally he woud love to share ideas with another artist.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
Interesting article, I find what Bob Dylan said to be very interesting, while it seems he did make a deal (with the folk world by being their temporary champion) he seems to imply something a little deeper here.

Although this IS written into blues mythology and bob is a big blues man, maybe it was homage? He seems to have paid the price for this I have to say though, he certainly has.....

Yeah...I watched that interview on YouTube and he seemed to be serious and sincere..almost reserved when he spoke of the deal he made.

He explained that he kept up his part of the bargain and in return received the status as an artist he is at the moment.

The fact that he said it was a long time ago he made the deal indicate that he actual did something of that nature. I personaly think he was not joking and was trying to be honest and telling the truth on the subject with as with few words possible....

edit on 10-8-2011 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini

Good stuff.

I just did a quick analysis of the movie Paul after reading up on all this. I have a link in my sig.

Dave blew then split just like that it seemed. He spoke out and then just stopped doing shows. Typical.

Always have respect for those that speak out against injustice.

I'm glad to see there more and more people coming out of this industry and exposing it,
much like Corey Feldman and what he had to say about the Abuse against Children
in Hollywood by peds! What goes around comes around, i am beginning to think now
that Hollywood is the babylon. And some may not like this but i'll post it anyways.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by zatara

And you would be right to say so. That is exactly the way it is in this Industry. People are so robotic
and money hungry, fame whores that they would sell their own Mother for a hit tv show or movie deal.

new topics

top topics

join