It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8-8-11 Stock Market Predictions???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Anyone have any predictions of what will happen come Monday morning?

Will there be total chaos? Interest rates will rise?

Is anyone as worried as I am?

I have been reading all over the internet that we should be emptying our accounts this weekend because the banks may not have available funds at 8am monday morning.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by misszrnia

Dow down -666 pts mon.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
dow down - 1000

gold 1700

interest will stay where it is

tuesday will be the day to empty your bank account if your are really concerned

on second thoughts, just do it monday

edit on 7-8-2011 by guessing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
With Italy defaulting, and Germany not helping, I see the Dow down. The administration has yet to say anything to calm foreign market fears so with asia, then europe leading with a down market, it'll open at a loss and close 10% down.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by misszrnia

Gold & precious metals will drop a wee bit, stocks will be up and down, DOW will be in the +, oil will be in the +

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Interested in taking a poll of how many people actually will empty their bank accts.....

I dont plan on it...convince me otherwise.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Well maybe not maybe it will be one of those days when the market will be flat due to almost no trading at all.

Then again that's hoping for the best because i don't even believe that myself.

Its going to be a horrible Monday.

Black Friday leads to red Monday.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
SP500 down to 1136 then a rally up to 1239. I'm guessing of course.

A more precise answer would be to say I expect the market to go down and then up and then back down again to a lower level. I'm expecting a multi-month drop in the stock market.

I'm really wondering if the downgrade by one rating agency will affect the markets that much. Other rating agencies downgraded the US already and they had zero affect upon the market. However the market has already been in a decline so I expect that to continue. If no one buys up Italian bonds, then I expect a lot more selling.
edit on 7/8/11 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
dow down

gold up

cant miss with that predicition

this is the golden rule:

when people have confidence in the economy the stock market rises hence gold falls

however when people have no condidence in the economy stocks fall gold rises.

you can live by that.
edit on 7-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I keep all my cash at hand. No banks. I despise banks.

Hopefully nothing bad happens, although the way this country is going its bound to happen some day sadly.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
The simple fact of the matter is that it is impossible to predict what is going to happen with absolute certainty. If tptb wanted the stock market to rise by 1,000 points on Monday, they could do so, and if they wanted it to completely crash and bring in the new currency on Tuesday, they could do that as well. If they don't interfere in the markets on Monday, the safe bet is that the markets will go down and gold prices will rise, but neither event in this single day will be too important in the long-term.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
dow: -830
gold +$5
dollar -4%

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I stopped using banks when my employers bank, Chase, charged me $6. to cash my payroll check. I cashed it there because it's across the street from my office. I closed my account, at a different bank, and started cashing all of my checks at Western Union for less than half of what the bank charged. I foresee a very grim thing happening for bank users. If you do not want to lose all of your money one morning, I would prepare by closing your accounts. Wall Street & the federal government have already proved to be nothing less than organized crime. The best way to not get raped by them is to simply go off grid.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Actually I believe all 3 of the major credit rating institutions have to downgrade USA to AA+ from AAA to disallow america to take loans at that level.
but still i think all the major indices worldwide, the dow, hang seng, sensex, etc will be in the red.

"there will be no banks... remove money from banks"

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
If we are lucky, Monday will be called blood red concrete kiss day as bankers and brokers throw themselve's out of windows and of roof tops.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
No idea what will happen with the markets but I can tell you that taking your many out of the banks will serve no purpose whatsoever. It's inflation we should be worried about. I'll still be able to spend my money because its all managed electronically so that piece of plastic I have will still give wally world my money, however, over the next year, I would expect huge inflation that will drastically decrease the purchasing power of each one of your dollars.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Asian markets down in range of 5-10% (5% japan and 10% aussie).
EU markets down 5-15% (5% DAX 15% or more FTSE Milan - Italy).
DOW under 10,000 points (its crazy, but i think will happend)
Gold up 4-5%

Tuesday...most markets closed.

After that, God knows.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Im waiting to see how Asia stocks react tonight. If they come crashing down hard, I would say Europe and the US would crash very hard as well.

Random guesses-
Asia Stocks -7 or -8%
Dow -3.50% or -4%
Gold +7%
S&P -7%
Nadaq -6%

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a quiet day of Market activity.... everyone's waiting for the next shoe to drop

but the analysts know that stocks DOW JONES stocks are overvalued/overpriced...
check this fundamental:

Specifically, even after the crash, stocks are still trading at 21X cyclically adjusted earnings, as we can see in the following chart from Professor Robert Shiller of Yale. Over the past century, stocks have averaged about 16X those earnings.

So we're still about 30% above "normal."

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

myself, i need to invest another $177. minimum in gold shares,
i will also make small investments into the few Dividend paying stock accounts i have (DRIPS) which are priced below their 50 day and 200 day moving average... No other monies will be spent but will remain in cash.
so i can take advantage of bargains or sales that present themselves (like a walmart Futon at a $30. discount with free UPS delivery to my address)

tags
edit on 7-8-2011 by St Udio because: tags

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoctorSatan
Actually I believe all 3 of the major credit rating institutions have to downgrade USA to AA+ from AAA to disallow america to take loans at that level.
but still i think all the major indices worldwide, the dow, hang seng, sensex, etc will be in the red.

"there will be no banks... remove money from banks"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join