It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Light During Storm in North Alabama ?(Vid)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
I went to the YouTube page and read the comments there. Someone said it looked like an Aurora, which piqued my curiosity, so I did some research.

Gr8 job
researching. Glad this piqued your curiosity. I like diggers!

It doesn't seem right for the aurora imo, though I could be wrong. This light anomoly acts more like a vortex don't you think? I was priviledged to witness the southern lights back in the mid to late 60's and they were more upper atmospheric then . That's a good thought though.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MadMaxZombie

I tend to agree with ya there.
No noise = no explosion

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Sorry....double post

edit on 8/7/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Thanks Kat! You are correct with the heat and all causing these storms. But boy this is the wildest weather I've ever seen in my lifetime. I've seen many a thunderstorm, but it, imo , is more spectaculer these days, and seems to hang around longer.... most definitely an upper atmosphere disturbance!
I can see why folk think ''they" are messing around with the weather!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

yes....I don't ever remember the heat this bad for this long....when I turn on the tap INSIDE for cold water, I have to wait forever for it to get cold. It comes out like boiling water!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Since there hasn't been a good explanation for this in the chit-chat forum, I suggest the OP post this in another forum. Maybe there will be better luck in the science and technology forum?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Enlightenme1111

True....it will be seen more there.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou
It doesn't seem right for the aurora imo, though I could be wrong. This light anomoly acts more like a vortex don't you think? I was priviledged to witness the southern lights back in the mid to late 60's and they were more upper atmospheric then . That's a good thought though.

Thank you for the kind words.

I agree it doesn't really look like what I would expect.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Enlightenme1111

Wonder if they can move the thread?
That's a thought!

Appreciate the suggestion.

Guess we could buzz Oztheweatherman... just to see if he has any meteorlogical explanation?
edit on 7-8-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Some strange things going on in our sky - take a look at this over Auckland New Zealand - Can someone bring it over, I don't know how to but this is definitely out of this world.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I have NEVER seen anything like that in nature.

But, I sort of saw something like that during a Pink Floyd concert, haha.

I am 99.9% certain it cannot be a transformer, because I have seen transformers blow and none of them look like this. When electrical equipment goes it throws sparks and has lightening like flashes.

A friend said to me "it looks like the aurora lights". Yes that is an interesting aspect I agree.

Perhaps it is related to some sort of magnetic phenomena we have not really understood yet? This seems like a more reasonable possibility.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
Some strange things going on in our sky - take a look at this over Auckland New Zealand - Can someone bring it over, I don't know how to but this is definitely out of this world.

www.youtube.com...

Yep I hear that. Cool vid ., thanks for sharing.!.
Here ya go.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I have NEVER seen anything like that in nature.]/quote]
Me neither. but was fortunate to see a parhelic circle once. Never saw this though.

But, I sort of saw something like that during a Pink Floyd concert, haha.

Love Floyd

Perhaps it is related to some sort of magnetic phenomena we have not really understood yet? This seems like a more reasonable possibility.

Has to be sOMething
like that. Would love to find out for sure what this is .

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I live in Northern Kentucky and the recent storms we have been having have very weird lightning with them. I swear it is as if there are 500 strobe lights in the clouds all operating at once. I have never seen lightning like this in all my 26 years. I am kind of a skeptic but with all of the phenomena and and weird things happening all over the globe, I am starting to believe maybe something big is gonna happen! (Off Topic) Especially all of the Comet Elenin stuff!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by uscitizen859

Thanks for the reply uscitizen. I 've experienced the same. THanks for the gr8 description. It is nothing like I've ever seen in my 50 years. I think we are experiencing some of the same storms . That they are the same front spread out over our adjoining states.

I don't know what to make of it. It seems the weather around here has changed. Can't quite put my finger on it though....This crazy lightning imo is better than the biggest fireworks show if you ask me... dangerously beautiful..../Spectacular but yet eerie if ya know what I mean.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

Yes definately fascinating but as you say equally eerie! We have had about 5 storms over the past month and a half and they have all been the same except one. It was really odd because the whole sky was strobing away non stop and I was expecting the rain and thunder to start at any second but after about 30-40 mins it just stopped with no rain or a sound of thunder.

I have seen heat lightning countless times here and if there is one thing I can tell you is, this was very different and much more intense. Unless the brutal heat wave we've been having has intensified the heat lightning which I guess is a possibility!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by uscitizen859

here, here, the strobing without the thunder or rain Yeah for hours even. Felt like I was in a sci fi movie lol WeIRD chit.
Glad I'm not the oNLY one to notice for once ... It's nice to have others testimony/witness to the fact. SOMETHING WEIRD is HAPPENING. ... but what is it? Nice we can corroborate ea others experiences.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
can anyone explain that youtube vid a few posts above?? it's only gonna get closer if it is what some people think it is. i'm just afraid it's still gonna be hidden/covered up over most of the world and we all might die without catching a good glimpse of what might kill us. just one of a few things that are bothering me just a little. no fear though, i'm ready for anything! woooooooooooooooooo!!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MadMaxZombie

Wish I could explain that vid. MaxZombie, I hear ya.. ready for whatever ---but inquiry minds want to know. We should at least be given that knowledge ..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join