It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Light During Storm in North Alabama ?(Vid)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Not sure where to put this, but I came across this interesting video of a strange light during a storm taken in northern AL. Thought I would throw it out there and get your opinion as to what this could be. If that is lightning, then that is some weird lightning....

Anyone have a clue? I always loved a good mystery but in this case, I am stumped.

Thanks for your help in trying to solve this mystery. I can't rightly say a UFO, Can't tell if it is flying or from the ground. Can someone slow this baby down and capture the frame at 1:10 .Hey it could be a UFO on the ground lol... What do you guys think?. I've NO clue but I found it interesting.

Waiting on the experts...

edit on 7-8-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

I'm kinda confused. What strange light? The bar across the road? The hourglass shaped explosion? The blue light that seems to follow the storm? The transformer explosion? Which light are you referring to as weird?

Nevermind - You mean the hourglass explosion. Sorry
I'm getting the screen shot embedded right now. Hold please

edit on 7-8-2011 by CeeRZ because: (no reason given)

Here she be:

edit on 7-8-2011 by CeeRZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
can you post the time the light is supposed to appear?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
at 1:11 the orangish light that seems to go upward.... someone mentioned transformer blowing?
That could be.
edit on 7-8-2011 by SeekerLou because: spelling

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I have not a clue what it is, but I got a decent screen capture.

ETA. Ceerz (sp?) beat me to it, nice work, gotta be quick on the draw 'round these parts!

on topic, that is definitely something, still have no clue
edit on 7-8-2011 by rbnhd76 because: Seein double? I got two guns, one for each of ya

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

wow thanks ceerz! that is gr8 how you managed to do that soO quickly. Much appreciated. Spouse came in and thinks car headlights which is a good guess... That sound feasible? or look like headlights reflecting? I dunno , they seem a bit too orange though ..

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

You can see the inside.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by rbnhd76

You sure did get a good one too. Gr8 job you guys!
What could this be? now that I see it still, I'm still at a loss.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

It's weird. Also, has anyone noticed all the strange weirdness with our electrical storms? It seems to be happening all over the states the past several days... Seems we're having more and more weird electrical storms. I made mention of this in another thread the other day. I'll see if I can find those Murfreesboro, TN vids I posted to link..

Someone tonight is talking about MO having weirdness as well with their storms. Unlike anything I had ever seen before and they say the same type things everywhere., it seems.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Hmmm. That is an interesting light. Having been through a few hurricanes, I've seen quite a few transformers blow and that doesn't look anything like one.

I'll also add that you would have heard a loud boom if it were a transformer.

edit on 7-8-2011 by Enlightenme1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
That light you saw was just water hitting the lens and causing a smear.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

That's funny now you mention it, we had ONE HELL of a lightning storm a couple days ago. I have never seen it like this, lightning popping any and everything around.. crazy, I was cringing every time, oh well. oh and location is south GA, US

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou
reply to post by CeeRZ

wow thanks ceerz! that is gr8 how you managed to do that soO quickly. Much appreciated. Spouse came in and thinks car headlights which is a good guess... That sound feasible? or look like headlights reflecting? I dunno , they seem a bit too orange though ..

I actually learned (very quickly) how to do screen shots and post them in no time because of ATS
haha

I can understand the headlights possibility, but unless you have an awesomely large yard... this seems too far away to be a headlight reflection. It seems to be coming from behind the trees. It's easy to say a transformer exploded - but those are normally blue/red/green arcs and balls... I've never seen an hourglass shaped explosion from a transformer (and yes.. I have actually seen quite a few - and one that was about 25 feet from my bedroom window... scary) They don't generally look like that, and they flicker more. So... I'd 95% rule out a blown transformer IMO. Headlights... I'd say only about a 5% chance also, as headlight reflections move differently, and are generally whiter (no matter the color of the headlights themselves). A headlight reflection will go the opposite direction of the car as the car moves.... it just doesn't move like headlights. Again, can't rule it out as we don't know your house/yard setup.
Next question to ask is what is in that general direction? Buildings? Landmarks? Anything you can think of that may explode?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamfox1
That light you saw was just water hitting the lens and causing a smear.

I thought that might be it too... but it has a clear cut horizon line on the bottom, and it doesn't last. If it were water, it would have continued to flare the light until wiped off... or evaporated... and even if it just ran down the camera lens, it would have moved the light glare a bit with it

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by rbnhd76

Mid TN here.You can go here for a Murfreesbor TN vid The vid just does not begin to show the magnificance of it all but you'll get the gist. .The storm seemed to sit on top of us for approx 4 hours that night which was Aug 3.... We had a spectacular light show and fireworks display is how I describe it that night. This vid is somewhat proof of this, they said the same thing that they had never seen anything like it. Here's the link to one vimeo.com... and here is another. www.youtube.com...

And here is ATS link happening NOW re lightning.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Back to the OP vid .. Tis just more strangeness to me! Maybe someone in here will get it figured out though.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

First off, I don't think it is a drop of water on the lens. Just doesn't look like that.

Second, anyone care to take a guess how tall that effect was? I mean it towered over the trees right next to it, but in the dark it's hard to tell how far away each is. I don't think it was a transformer either.

As for the lightning, had a storm like that in Mississippi that took down a tree in my yard and wiped out my house. The same type of storm and lightning, it kept up off and on for three days, but the first gust was the worst. That was when the tree came down. While I was becoming homeless, I was on the way home from work. When the first gust hit I was on the highway and visibility got so bad instantly that suddenly I couldn't see the end of my car hood.

The storm had started out as a bad tornado that wiped out a bunch of stuff in Texas, you might remember it. By the time it got to us the tornadoes were gone but the storm still took down several transformers in my rural neighborhood.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

So sorry to hear of your loss, ittabena
I'm glad you survived that terrible storm.

You have a good point there about how tall ...i can't begin to venture a guess.
... Weird... surely someone has a clue to what makes this type light. Can flood lights do this? I'm no lighting expert. I definitely don't think it is lightning, but is it? thinkin' out loud I am....

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I went to the YouTube page and read the comments there. Someone said it looked like an Aurora, which piqued my curiosity, so I did some research.

Here is how latitudes are categorized:

Aurora forecasts often distinguish between high, middle and low latitudes. There is no universally accepted definition of these three categories. Here is what we mean by them on spaceweather.com:

High latitudes: e.g., Alaska; Canada; US northern border states such as Washington, North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, New York, Vermont and Maine; Scandinavia; northern parts of the United Kingdom; New Zealand and southernmost Australia.

Middle latitudes: e.g., US states like Oregon and northern California, Wyoming, Colorado, Iowa, Ohio, Virginia and North Carolina; northern Germany and Poland; southern parts of the United Kingdom.

Low Latitudes: e.g., US states like Texas and Florida, southern California, Arizona, Arkansas, South Carolina; Mexico; Puerto Rico; Spain and Portugal; nations around the Mediterranean Sea; northern Australia.

spaceweather.com

Looks like you fall into the low latitudes category. It seems Auroras in low latitudes are rare but not unheard of. It mostly happens during periods of high solar activity. Turns out there was a huge solar flare recently.

spaceweather.com

Maybe.. and this is just a guess.. maybe you were lucky enough to capture an aurora.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
well, if it was any kind of explosion, wouldn't it make a noise of something exploding??? when the orange light appears, no sound from it or lightning at all.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I'm not a meterologist, but I think the intense lightning storms are due to the extreme heat we have been having lately. Here, it has been in the 100's consistantly.....freaking un bearable (heat indexes of 115 +).....heat like that can cause freak storms and lots of lightning. We are literally baking here in Louisiana, and no rain in such a long time we are praying for thunderstorms! Also, the light seems to be "twisting"....vortex like....maybe a funnel cloud forming which is being illuminated by lightning? Just a thought......it's freaky though.....I hope someone figures it out! S&F.....cool video!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join