It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will you sacrifice your pets?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by guessing

No, I would rather eat my own arm

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Good Gods no - my cat is my pest control....

Want mice in your food bins?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
reply to post by Tachalka

I'll bet ya anything, you are racially, either Asian or Hispanic. Si?

Bet me your pets? I'm hungry

Sorry friend, White English here!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
surprisingly there are more barbaric pet owners on here than non pet owners or humane pet owners, it seems the majority of you would eat your pets if things got rough around the edges... My animals mean more to me alive, and with me, than dead or without me. My pets and I take care of each other, I have a pit bull, english boxer mix who is a great smart strong guard dog, who is very faithful. I have provisions for my animals, and plan on taking them with me. We also have a two year old black cat. Family is family weather they have two legs or four, maybe it's pushing it, but I would take a bullet for my animals just as I would for my wife or kids. Call me crazy, but like I said family is family.........................

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
'Pets' usually have great instincts that were bred into them and it would make more sense to benefit from those instincts instead.

If you have any type of grain storage set up, I can guarantee that you will want to hold on to your cat! A cat's instinct to catch mice could very well save the quality of your food supply.

A good dog will not only give you a head's up when an intruder approaches, but perhaps could help you in hunting, herding, etc ( or even in something as simple as leading you back to camp after becoming lost in an unfamiliar hunting area)

Many pets may seem 'worthless' because most of us don't need working animals, but its likely that their instincts will come in handy if the situation ever calls for them.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo

Originally posted by guessing
reply to post by Night Star

The time is approaching, if push comes to shove.....

Will you?

I do not mean eat, I mean discard. some will say eat...

For the record, I have no pets

What happened to them? Your family still around?

Deebo

I know where you are coming from in this post.

My dog died of cancer and my family are very , very much alive and well.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I have one little tiny fish. Although he is so sweet and I love him dearly, he won't be coming with me if I must flee.
He's not big enough to eat either. So at least I won't have to worry about that dillema. Lucky for him

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bullcookies
Cats make great tacos

My cat can't cook.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This thread is surreal. As for the question...well, the way I am reading it in terms of sacrifice would be if millions of people were somehow led to believe that killing their pet was necessary then would they do it. Imagine if the PTB fabricated a disease that could turn people's animals feral. Imagine it was released in a controlled setting and made the news. In such an instance you could have pet owners all over the place killing their animals...or stuffing them into shelters where they would most certainly be killed. That may sound like it came out of left field but in this thread.....what is crazy?
Mass killings in the name of fear. Seems a fitting sacrifice upon the altar of ruling devils. And in my case there would be no preemptive strike. Unless I had real cause....like it was a real danger to me and on the attack....I could not willingly take my animal's lives. I love my dogs and cats and they have returned that love in kind. One couldnt ask for a more straightforward relationship. If I read wrong and this is indeed about eating a pet in a SHTF scenario....gonna have to pass on that one. there are too many edible plants out there. And if the flora has been compromised...well I wouldnt want to live anymore anyway because earth would be a dead place.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
YOUR pets?

You own them?

I call that imprisonment honestly, if you think you own them and they are your little slaves you force to cuddle with you all the time.

Then you totally trick them into being friends by trapping them in a situation where they have to depend on you for food.

Actually I am being sarcastic, I thought that was a funny outburst.

I don't care what people do to their pets. I am still trying to fight human slavery and so I am tied up at the moment and cannot divert much resources to freeing the animals.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The main thing to take away from here is if you have a dog and wont eat him when the SHTF you better start working him.

I have 2 working field spaniels and 1 springer all from working blood lines and I take them all out at night/dusk to get them hunting rabbits and birds , you dont have to let them kill them now but remember when times are bad its better to have a working dog that can flush/retrieve prey then an animal that leaches onto your side and food supply.

If you want a really smart dog that likes to hunt 24/7 and the only reward he wants is to be at your side then working springers/cockers or field spaniels then there are not others.

Even better is their ability to pull loads while harnessed, you may not think they are to stong because of the fact that they are knee high but dont let that put you off they can easly pull 200kg on wheels when paired up.

They are built for stamana and their coats are build for rugged and marshy conditions even dangerious conditions, working dogs have 'feathers' of fur around their bodies so jaggies and thorns cant penetrate the coat and cause damage to their skin.

Even through I dont have it done it is crueler not to have their tails docked (its on my to-do list) Springers tails have a habbit of hitting off tree's, branches and just about any static or no static objecy very fast. Because of this it leads to cutting and brusing which could lead to infection if not treated properly. And if your out in the woods living with no vet or medicine available blood posining could set in and kill the dog.

Key words to teach

-Here
-This way - Point left
- Point right
-Sit
-Stay
-Follow
-Fetch - Point -retrieve
-Hyup - down&stay same time
-Whats that - point to kill

These are a few words I have taught my dogs to become useful when the SHTF.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
You wanna know if someone really cares about animals?

See what they do when they encounter a suffering, injured, and slowly dying animal. One that is injured so badly it cannot possibly recover.

Their reaction tells it all.

Those who would want to "save" the miserable animal, are selfish and only care about themselves and "what they want".

Those who would kill the animal in mercy are the true animal lovers. They know they can't help them any other way than to end their suffering and misery.

Do you have any idea how often these fake "animal lovers" fail this test? It's amazing actually. They are such massive hypocrites.

It's the same reason everyone gets melodramatic at funerals. They think the dead person was "theirs" and "They lost them". It's all ultra-selfish mentality, thinking you own everything and it's only purpose was for your personal benefit, etc.

Let's try to look at things from other people's (or animals) perspectives maybe? Just once?
I am just getting so tired of this "I am the center of the Universe" crap....

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by guessing

Quite honestly i'd sooner sacrifice myself,they are innocents and we take on a commitment to do everything we can for them whilst they are in our care,regardless.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

So you my friend must be a veterinarian or have received comprehensive training in animal welfare/anatomy?
as you can obviously tell when an animal is beyond redemption? that is the danger,what you may see as hopeless a trained pro might be able to save,now I would be the first to advocate euthenising an animal that is obviously(even to a layman such as myself) in agony or where waiting for a veterinarian to humanely destroy the creature would only cause the creature more distress,but only as a very final resort.
It has nothing to do with salving my conscience or in any way being selfish,it is all about the animal,would you treat a badly injured human to the same degree?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter
surprisingly there are more barbaric pet owners on here than non pet owners or humane pet owners, it seems the majority of you would eat your pets if things got rough around the edges... My animals mean more to me alive, and with me, than dead or without me. My pets and I take care of each other, I have a pit bull, english boxer mix who is a great smart strong guard dog, who is very faithful. I have provisions for my animals, and plan on taking them with me. We also have a two year old black cat. Family is family weather they have two legs or four, maybe it's pushing it, but I would take a bullet for my animals just as I would for my wife or kids. Call me crazy, but like I said family is family.........................

i'm a volunteer on a disaster response team.

part of our training was animal first aid.

very useful if you have pets, especially in the woods, or 'till you can reach a vet.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Get rid of my child? Are you crazy?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
big question....if it happens.2 dogs will need to go,would defend us to the death but might be hard to feed,3 cats would be brought,if only to soften the transition for wife and daughter,guess i would always give them shelter but if could not feed and they would not hunt,refer to dogs solution,have 150 or so fish,no hope for them,suppose a wee quick jolt of electric would be the solution
horrible scenario...also raises the scenario of disabled or elderly family,i do mean severely impaired.for example what would you do with an end stages dementia granny left in a nursing home when the staff are all gone.am sure provision is already in place at a governmental level since the cold war,could only be mandatory euthanasia

perhaps the poster of this thread would like to pose this question in a new post.....

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by guessing

Originally posted by Bullcookies
Cats make great tacos

you my freind, are an idiot

Cats are no value whatso ever in the mexican menu

Brother, there is an ethnic group in Peru, very popular because they eat cat.

WARNING, DON'T WATCH IT IF YOU ARE SENSIBLE

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
No! WE will eat you! You look mighty tasty!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
With a nod to the SPCA and concerns of pet owners everywhere that the term "pet food" may be misinterpreted as a result of this thread, I'm closing it.

Oh yes, and it's really not GFM material, but I'm really thinking of the kittens here.

Won't somebody please think of the kittens?

Anyway, let's please stick to the hilarious realities of the global financial meltdown and try not to look too longingly at the family pet when hunger pangs strike.

If anyone disagrees with this thread closure, send me a U2U, but please be sure you have all your shots.

N.B.: At the suggestion of a fellow mod, these have been moved from Global Financial Meltdown, so anyone who has been participating or is in a humorous mood can continue the discussion if you like. No law against having fun.

edit on 8/7/2011 by Majic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join