It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some politicians like war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I was watching the Daily Show yesterday and landed that the interview with Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) which aired on August 4th 2011.
He made some comments that made me go back and re listen to it. Even Jon seemed to be surprised at what he said.
By the end of the interview, he goes on to say that "some politicians like war, they like the idea of sending troops fight war over seas".

I know it isn't a surprise for anybody here on ATS but just wanted to share this with you guys.

P.S..It's my first thread so OP move it if it's in the wrong place

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Great thread idea! I caught the end of that interview too. It was indeed weird. I think they posted the rest on the interview on their website. If I remember correctly though he clarified and said. Some politicians like the idea of sending troops overseas to assert our authority. It went something like that.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I think the movie about Charlie Wilson woke alot of people up too. Unfortunately, we have too many sheeple to really get these bastards out.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by revs0lution

What's not to like about war?
Pols get to make speeches, spend money, and send others into harms way.
It's a wn-win for them.
Aferwards, they can end the war, make speeches, spend money, and blame others for the deaths.

(
for your 1st thread)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

And they get to act real sad about the poor people who die or are maimed in those wars - which makes them appear sympathetic. Win win again!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by revs0lution

The MIC needs representation too! Would you have coughed up the 4G if they asked for it nicely? And that's just for the last 5 years. We must have already chipped in 8 to 10 grand each all tolled.
"We'd like to fund a war. There is no other way solve this but to fight.. this VERY GOOD WAR"

Since 2006 MilitaryIndustrialComplex, recorded 16,869 publicly-reported defense contracts.
To date, that is an average of $4,079 for each member of the US citizenry.
There were 13 publicly-reported Defense Contracts listed TODAY totaling $511,683,244.

Military Industrial Complex... has been amassing publicly-reported US Department of Defense contract information since October 30th, 2006....presents a running tally of years of statistics tracking and collection to help those who seek such information about the US government's military spending practices when concerning tax payer contributions to the defense of the nation.

Values are updated and the information is made public and available by the US Department of Defense on a Monday-thru-Friday basis. www.militaryindustrialcomplex.com...

edit on 7-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
This is certainly nothing new in the world of politics and alot of times people are soldiers or have been in wars before they enter office so it's what they know.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Some pedophiles like kids.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
How many politicians own stock in companies, subcontractors that make a profit during war time?

Check out who the board of directors are for Halliburton.

topics.nytimes.com...

top topics

join