It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poetic Justice?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Kinda suspicious considering that the companys who produced these machines would surely know the safe distance the operator should observe, so why is this even an issue now?
And anyone who has ever worked in the fed knows how to the rule and by the letter about procedures for safety. So why did it fail here?
Also makes me wonder if this will bring some sympathy supporters over to the DHS' failed TSA agency where they can be smoosed & liquored up while having a grand ol time on the Beltway. All the while providing the perfect oppurtunity for "momma homeland" to recruit sorely needed supporters.
This should turn into a major story if the MSM plays to the tune of their provider.

As the rate of cancer spikes among Transportation Security Agency (TSA) officers who work near the full-body scanners at the Boston Logan Airport, union reps are alarmed at having been misinformed by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and TSA regarding the safety of these machines. The Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC), through a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit, has acquired radiation studies, and radiation test results from DHS which the center says gives evidence that the government failed to appropriately test the safety of these devices at airports and disregarded concerns from airport. According to the documents, “A large number of workers have been falling victim to cancer, strokes and heart disease.”
Source & Full article here

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Humint1

I'm sure a large number of these people are actually just doing their jobs and don't know any better than to stay the recommended distance from the machines. I've been treated fairly by 90% of the TSA agents I've dealt with. It's unfortunate that these machines are just an all around negative. They don't prevent terrorists (considering the new new concern for surgical bombers), and they are clearly a health and safety risk at this point. This issues may do some good if the MSM can actually run with it, but lets be honest they probably won't.

I hope this could at least get the unions for the TSA on the side of the passengers who have had enough of this. I hope this is the catalyst that gets everyone on the side of good sense. Otherwise we'll all end up in johnny gowns waiting at least a week to board a flight just to ensure we haven't swallowed (or worse...) something that could explode in the near future.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I understand that the workers of the TSA are trying to support their families and eek out an existence. However by acquiescing to the rules and regulations of the TSA these employees are simply traitors. I do not wish harm on people but come on, many of these employees know right from wrong. Many of the TSA agents made a choice to violate their brethren to support themselves. And those who don’t know right from wrong simply don’t deserve to belong to the Republic. PERIOD

In a nut shell. If the employees of the TSA didn’t have the knowledge or the guts to investigate the potential hazards of their work place do you really think they would have the knowledge or the courage to just say NO to constitutional infringements?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JewelFlip

I just don't get how a manufactuer could overlook such a vital issue. Simple logic: If you know there is a "safe distance" around the machine then that should have been printed, stenciled and labled all over not only the machine but in the manuals and basic training provided by the company when this type of machinary/equipment is sold.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BioSafe
In a nut shell. If the employees of the TSA didn’t have the knowledge or the guts to investigate the potential hazards of their work place do you really think they would have the knowledge or the courage to just say NO to constitutional infringements?

Sure.
But there are agencys that are responsible for testing such equipment as well as manufactuer provided classes as stated in my other post.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BioSafe

You are one very disturbed person saying these people deserve this. They are human beings.

Certainly got some bottom feeders out here.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by BioSafe

You are one very disturbed person saying these people deserve this. They are human beings.

Read my comment again. Never said they deserve what they got. DID I.! Kro if your trying to pick a fight like you have in many other folks posts, back off it aint going to happen

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Humint1

Poetic Justice? yes! screw TSA.
now you know why the groping was instituted: to force you through the scanners.

you can be sure the upper levels knew,
and didn't care.

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by BioSafe

yeah, there certainly are bottom feeders, tsa agents come to mind; in exchange for "a job"
they violate peoples rights, fondle kids pedo-style, and irradiate/sterilize people.
this is no different from nazi-concentration camp guards getting cancer from being exposed to zyklon-B at their "job"
your self-effacing post is much appreciated.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I believe there is somehting deeper to this story. Perhaps a way to stop using this type of X Ray then move in something more invasive than we have currently.

new topics

top topics

join