It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Light Shows in Missouri Skies Happening Right Now!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reporting back in. the flashes over the clouds stopped as the clouds passed over. they passed over extremely quickly. i tried and tried to get pictures and video of them but all i had was my cameraphone and the ******* street lights flood everything out. the shape of the cloud was totally bizarre, it had huge tunnels of clouds in them and the clouds themselves were glowing. i couldn't see any flashes in the sky when the clouds were above me. didn't see any fireballs. but the cloud itself was the weirdest part, it was like glow in the dark, and it moved extremely fast as i said.

very cool at any rate.

ETA: fuel to the imaginitive fire, i did hear a helicopter before the bizarre front passed over. also i can't stress how fast it swept over the sky, it was kind of astonishing for how massive it was (horizon to horizon)
edit on 7-8-2011 by shagreen heart because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Solar flares are the answer.

Really cool actually.

Check out this thread. It explains what has been going on.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Something about a big solar flare....Some how it caused that light show? I don't know how it all works.It just does.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

That's how she described those flashes of light, it was so brief that she said it looked as if somebody turned on the light and shut it off quick, she said she had seen flashes of lightnings before but nothing like this, she said it was incredible and really neat. I just told my husband about it and he too believe that it might be heat lightning based on my sister in-law's description. As for the brief fireballs show, all I could say is Wow! She's so lucky to see something so cool!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Here is my second attempt. Camera phone doesn't do this Amy justice. Misses a lot of the lightening.

www.youtube.com...

Sent from my iPhone4

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by occy30

wow... what on earth are those lights? were those in the sky or are those reflections? 1:43-1:50, two lights move in perfect synchronicity.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by occy30

Hi occy30, thanks for uploading a video, I couldn't really see much but I could see a weird light at the bottom moving across (left to right) at around 1:47
I wonder what is that.

edit on 7-8-2011 by boniknik because: I just noticed there's two of those lights (dot) moving across just like what shagreen said. that's weird

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I'm in Northwest Iowa and I see lightning as well. It's all cloud to cloud lightning. Very cool looking. Since I knew about the solar storm i took some extra time to look up tonight. Who knows may be normal. It is unusually humid out as well for this area of the country.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I'm here in Springfield and i seen some weird green balls zipping across the skies, but they didn't seem to come from space. it was pretty trippy, i'm use to seeing green meteors, but these weren't as bright as and there was no trail like a meteor.

HMMMM WEIRD

I'll have to keep watching the skies to see if i can catch any more

edit on 7-8-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by occy30

Amazing someone got the same pulsating light [Not star from a far], that I did on the 2nd video, I posted. and I saw two there at one point, thought it was recording and realized it wasn't.
But only managed to get one. And our lightning storm, was just like that. No rain or anything. Just bright flashes from a far.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7-8-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by boniknik

Those are cars on the small highway just south of my location.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by occy30

I was hoping they were UFOs
but it's cool that it is identified. The video was pretty cool nevertheless, I am not sure if it's my computer but the flashes of light (or lightning) looked reddish.. pretty cool!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by occy30

Those are cars on the small highway just south of my location.

haha ok good, that's what i was thinking.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Not to drudge up this thread but the next evening Mother Nature had an awesome sky.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Really, just looking for a reason to chime in and I don't have one. Other than the fact that I was born in St. Joe.
Left there when I was two. Mom and Dad just couldn't handle me anymore, no wait that was later.
Any way I knew they were car lights all the time.

And Hello to my early lifetime neighbors.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I saw it, round balls of light comming down all over the place. First it was the lightning, on a clear evenning still some light out, then these balls of white fire like orbs flying around and crashing into the ground. WTF. Does meteor showers cause lightning to arc across the whole sky like that? They are all over, these balls of white fire. They are in different sizes. It is like the forth of july here. They range in size. some no bigger than a softball, others maybe the size of marbles, are all very bright. Looks like a fire storm comming down. I wonder what that WEIRD SMELL was? Did anyone else see this? To bad i don't have a camera.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
nothing up here in Michigan. Anyone else see anything?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
If it's associated with storms, it might be this...

www.google.com...

There are atmospheric phenomena that people usually don't get to see often, so things like this can be surprising.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I'm n missouri the 816 what part of mizery u talkn?I haven't seen nothing but I been lookn at my phone 2 register neva have so hope I aintsuspect now!! reply to post by boniknik

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I'm n missouri the 816 what part of mizery u talkn?I haven't seen nothing but I been lookn at my phone 2 register neva have so hope I aintsuspect now!! sup ats! Haters talkn mean sh*# I always notice so b4 attackn me let me call u haters out punk b*#@hs! Lol say something else! Jk but not really. reply to post by boniknik

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Hey, I witnessed something similar last night here in Detroit. Flashes of light like lightening without thunder or rain. At one point I saw a flash that was more like a strobe light and only a about 100 ft up. These are Weird times we live in.

After I heard a strange rumbling noise here I believe is was april, I've been paying attention to the sky and my surroundings better. I think something is about to happen really big, but I got the feeling it's not natural, more like manmade

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join