It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HUMOR: John Kerry in a Suprise Debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
LINCOLN, NEBRASKA - Democratic presidential hopeful Senator John Kerry had a impromptu debate Tuesday morning, about some of the heavy issues facing America today. It all came about during Kerry's "Solution For America" bus campaign tour, when Kerry took the stage before an eager Democratic gathering.

"We need to be stronger as a nation and stop this War on Terror", Kerry stated to his opponent as the auditorium shook with the thunderous applause of supporters.

"No that is not the way. America needs to remain strong in the War on Terror, giving full support to the objective originally set forth" stated John Kerry, picking up a second microphone.

At one point, the audience was shock as a bold Kerry lambasted himself "You support easier welfare reform and that's not the way it needs to be done. I, John Kerry have voted on much stricter reform policies, because that is what America needs."

He also took himself to task over the issue of flip flopping on some big issues. "You seem to have no problem taking a side and then switching at any time", the Senator charged.
"No I don't do that at all", he stated in rebuttal.

During the debate, Kerry also ridiculed the idea of capital punishment for terrorists as a "terrorist protection policy," predicting that it would just discourage other nations from extraditing captured terrorists to the United States.
"Well, we do somewhat agree on that", his opponent stated. "Should I make it to the White House I would still be against capital punishment...except for terrorists."

Speaking out against some of the nation's worst issues, Kerry also credited himself for supporting most of those issues during his votes in the Senate. "We can change and make this country better" he said. "Or maybe we can't" he later told reporters.

One area the candidate seems to agree? "The removal of George W. Bush from the White House, is the number one issue that John Edwards and I are working on. Our comprehensive plan for America regarding education, the environment, and of course national security is simple. Get Bush out", Kerry stated.

Bush-Cheney campaign manager Ken Mehlman described Kerry's debate as mean-spirited and negative. "He was so hard on himself regarding the issues. I hope that his voters can still understand his vision for America. One of his visions anyway... Vote Bush!"

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
YOU may think this is funny. I LIKE the fact that Kerry looks at things from multiple perspectives. His brain is active and engaged. AND HE READS THE PAPER TOO!

Bush is such a one-trick pony moron. Wind the Bush doll up, watch him do his automated dance, then sit him down and let Cheney and Rumsfeld in collusion with big oil and industry run the government.

Well, people it is up to you, which do you want.

I like Kerry.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
Bush is such a one-trick pony moron.

Ummm, this is the humor section.
Name-calling and finger-pointing is down the hall, second door on the left.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
hah, good job Zed.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
Bush is such a one-trick pony moron. Wind the Bush doll up, watch him do his automated dance, then sit him down and let Cheney and Rumsfeld in collusion with big oil and industry run the government.

Well, people it is up to you, which do you want.

Always a toughie, Bush doll, or Cheney/Rumsfeld/Big Oil/Industry pie? Doll, or pie? Too bad there�s not another VIABLE choice� I�ll take the doll, and a slice of pie to go�

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Nevermind. Carry on. Nothing to see here.

[edit on 20-8-2004 by curme]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Is based completely on strategery!!!! My German Shepard could be Bush in a televised debate where intelligent answers were needed to win.

new topics

top topics

join