It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message from Anonymous: Operation Facebook, Nov 5 2011

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Well thank god for Anonymous....keeping watch over us "stupid minions" so we don't go and share our private details with the whole world. They will keep us all safe and sound. We should all be grateful that Anonymous will take care care of us and tell us what we can and can't use (psn, paypal, facebook....etc)

Hmm...the more I think about it, the more anonymous is JUST LIKE the government they are trying to bring down...

Michelle

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Your medium of communication you all so dearly adore will be destroyed. If you are a willing hacktivist or a guy who just wants to protect the freedom of information then join the cause and kill facebook for the sake of your own privacy.

So in order to protect the freedom of information, they are going to take down the most popular medium of communication?
Cmon, this should be raising everyone's red flags.
And I hate facebook.
edit on 7-8-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
What's the best way to make the masses of the mainstream hate hackers with a passion?

Oh I know, let's get the CIA hacker squad to call themselves "Anonymous" and then take down Facebook for awhile!

That will get the public to support our Agenda for clamping down on the Internet, requiring licences, etc!

BRILLIANT!!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I froze my facebook account about five weeks ago so I couldn't care too much but Anonymous will lose many people who does support them. There's gonna be a lot of upset Anonymous supporters out there. Not a good move when trying to gain support from sheeple.

This will cause many to believe that the Anonymous cause is just about cyberwar against anyone, even those who don't deserve it, the innocent. The many ex supporters will stand with Anon's hunters. They are gonna make millions of enemies.

I can't see them doing it. They being set up by their enemy.

edit on 8/7/2011 by qonone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

I don't really mind because my Face Book Acct is an alias anyway. LOL

I mean, I have two of course, but the one I use for "fun" stuff is an alias.

If they really want to protect peoples privacy, they would tech the average citizen out there how to use different IP's to make himself pretty much untraceable. That would be the best way to fight for free speech.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I think this is more about Facebook selling data to the government, not because people don't have privacy by posting. You have to ask yourself why the government would want that information in the first place and what they plan to do with it. I don't think it's so they will know what coupons to send us.

Personally I hope they do destroy it and twitter. I'm so tired of watching newstertainment and hearing "let's goto the twitter board" or "let's see what people on facebook are saying" If I cared what those people had to say I would go to those sites...

Originally posted by muzzleflash
The most hilarious ironic aspect of this is as follows:

Governments and Corporations pay large sums of money for information about Internet users.

Internet users make up all kinds of stuff, post hoaxes, twist the facts, etc all the time.

So the Government and Corporations are paying large amounts of money for information that is typically not even accurate.

I wish I could sell digital garbage for millions of dollars too! That would be the life.

LOL...it's true! It's true!
edit on 7-8-2011 by infiniteobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
weird. I use facebook to talk to my buddies, because I don't have a car and I live far away from them now. I keep my pictures on there as an online photo album that I can backup so I can save all of my friends and I's pics! Quite personaly, if facebook wants my pictures and my sensless status' go ahead? I mean you shouldn't put anything on the internet you don't want there.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
remember remember the 5th of November...made me think of that lol...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
hope they make a good job of it....evil evil thing.i have never had an account and never will.my wife has and its a pain in the ass,she rarely contributes but just spies,hope they really work it over...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I'ts unusual for me to make a comment about this kind of information, but honestly there is something about facebook I never liked. Call me old fashioned, but it is so popular between sheeple and low IQ mass. If someone here has a facebook acc., sorry, nothing personal.

All idiots I know have facebook accounts. None of them know ATS. That is for me solid evidence.

I heard it's been used during middle east revolutions to spread info, maybe that's the only time it was good for something.

So, in this case I confess this anouncement is like good news for me.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
So anonymous has fallen from grace. 'Bout time.

I admire people who can make a difference in a good way, but this is just childish mischief.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Awh,they're going all V on me.Remember,remember the 5th of November ! We'll so you should it is my Birthday!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deja`Vu
If people cared about there privacy they wouldn't use facebook anymore.

If people respected other people's privacy, they wouldn't hack into someone's private information.

After reading the first several posts, I cannot believe people don't give a crap about innocence.

Attacking innocent people will backfire.

Anything Anonymous has gained publicly will be gone.

edit on 8/7/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes

Originally posted by curious7
They wouldn't need 3 months to do it. They're just giving advance warning so enough people can read and either help or get off FB by that date.

Why the need to 'get off FB'? If it goes down, does it matter who still had an account on that date, as they'd all be gone, right? I mean, are they wanting help to take FB down, or are they wanting people to delete their accounts by that date? Or both? I'm confused, who are they trying to hurt here?

That's the thing, if it works then there won't be a FB in some capacity so if people have deleted their accounts before then, they won't have the worry of their account not being there with no warning beforehand.

I'm not a part of Anon nor will I be though so that post was speculative on my part.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
to me this is just to play in favor of "Google+" facebook down = people jump ship to google cause nobody really cares about myspace anymore to jump back to it.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
OH NO!

Anonymous is going to destroy Facebook just like they destroyed Scientology.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by iNkGeEk
reply to post by Wobbly Anomaly

Anonymous is everyone and everywhere. And the 5th of November is a known date to many...not just British. That poem is a major plot device in Alan Moore's graphic novel V for Vendetta. The book was also made into a move starring Natalie Portman and Hugo Weaving (who was V...the guy wearing the Guy Fawkes mask). Also, members of Anonymous have been known to wear the, now infamous, Guy Fawkes mask in pictures.

Fair point, but i'd still argue, possibly wrongly, that the chances of Anonymous being a predominantly or originally british movement as 5th Nov is a very British date.I dont remember the movie making too much of the actual date and imagine many people didnt understand the origin of the face.

That said, in Britain it is known that 5th Nov is famous for a failed attempt at bringing down the government so i guess the film V for Vendetta may have more influence than the realhistory. Ha, revolution via fiction.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by doom27

Remember remember the 5th of November,

the gunpowder plot and treason....

Well, lets say they do ax FB....so?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

Anyone (other than a business) that has "legit" info on FB is an idiot.

Why would you?

"Here is my lifes story, please use it against me."

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist
OH NO!

Anonymous is going to destroy Facebook just like they destroyed Scientology.

Looks like anonymous just needs a good spanking.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join