It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message from Anonymous: Operation Facebook, Nov 5 2011

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Oh yeah, bring it on, the death of facebook, I swear would be a beautiful thing...pls. pls ...bring it

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This is a surefire way to piss off another 100 million plus people and get them to be against Anonymous so I am all for this operation.
Hahahahaha

What a bunch of dumbarses.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
Are anonymous actually that stupid? Companies have been selling our information for years and years to Governments and other third parties - whether it be your local shopping centre to your bloody bank. So Facebook doing that aswell is nothing new. If their "hacktivism" was of any benefit, they might as well attack every business on the planet because they ALL SELL INFORMATION TO VARIOUS THIRD PARTIES. Even ATS probably does, well someone probably snoops around collecting information for this site!

I reckon these teenagers have been watching too much V for Vendatta and should just stop this foolishness now because WE in the end, THE ORDINARY PEOPLE, will face more strict and severe internet restrictions in the future because of their incompetences.

I agree....before personal computers...before the internet.....before facebook etc. our information was sold to 3rd parties...this has been going on since business began.....it is nothing new....now they can just do it faster.

I also believe that some companies mean well...but....they have individual employees who are not honest and are selling peoples information (under the table) so to speak...to make extra money.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
Sorry to disappoint, but this isn't real. The Facebook op was last month. That is why there has been no mention of it on the Anon blog or irc channel. Just some kids messing around I assume. Carry on.

shame how many people will miss this post ♥

you can all go back to ┣▇f͟͞a͟͞c͟͞e͟͞b͟͞o͟͞o͟͞k͟͞▇▇═─ now
nothing to worry about

(thats totally gonna get removed isn't it)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I don't think the CIA will take too kindly to people declaring war on one of their great data collection operations.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
it does say "Operation Facebook, Nov 5 2011", how has it already happened if its on that date?

Just pointing it out, but i guess we'll see.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

I googled but I couldn't find anything

either Anonymous pushed it to Nov 5th for some reason
or someone else is using something that previously happened to stir up a panic?

I don't know... someone should clarify

where are our anon/ats members

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
reply to post by AzureSky

I googled but I couldn't find anything

either Anonymous pushed it to Nov 5th for some reason
or someone else is using something that previously happened to stir up a panic?

I don't know... someone should clarify

where are our anon/ats members

They are anonymous

tell me it isnt so, I need to see the death of facebook, pls anonymous bring it on, I will forever be a sympathiser
Next get your arse onto the governments and lets bring TPTB to an end

edit on 7-8-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haxsaw

They are anonymous

Ha!
we do have a few members though that claim to be a part of the group
was hoping one would show up ♥

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by krakencampbell

Sorry for the odd reply to this last night. It was just the first thing that popped in my head when I read the post. Wonder if they've been in my dvd collection?
Personaly I agree with some of the other responses on here. People that post their every move on sites like fb have no right to privacy. They place their entire lives onto the world stage.
As far as this particular group wanting to destroy fb, who cares? It won't affect me in any way. I could care less either way. I'm still on the fence though about whether or not they are helping or hurting.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deja`Vu
If people cared about there privacy they wouldn't use facebook anymore.
edit on 6-8-2011 by Deja`Vu because: (no reason given)

I personally agree and don't use it, but my son uses it to keep in touch with his family and friends while in Afganistan he is able to share pictures and stuff to all by putting it up once instead of having to sent to each person, i think it is really helpful to the military people away from home.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Wow, real spooky. A bunch of red-bulled up nerds threatening to take down a social network. About as dramatic as crashing a tupper-ware party.

I use FB, but the amount of information that I submitted could be easily be gleaned from a phonebook or a stop at my local courthouse. Looking at pictures of friend's new babies, vacations, my old Army buddy's Friday night party, what type of music I prefer, and which movie I'm going to next week is of more interest to P&G's marketing division than the likes of the NSA or Homeland Security.

I just love how people still try to act like we've all got such interesting little nuggets of privacy and specialities in our life that we must protect, yet we have willingly submitted so much information to the system in trade for benefits from the system. Most of us use the internet, cell phones, file our taxes, apply for driver's licenses, use debit cards, use the grid's electricity, yet still try to act like we're so much different from Joe six pack simply because we discuss issues and subscribe to a newsletter or two. The sooner we all admit that we're sheep, the better.

Bahhhhhh.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

I personally agree and don't use it, but my son uses it to keep in touch with his family and friends while in Afganistan he is able to share pictures and stuff to all by putting it up once instead of having to sent to each person, i think it is really helpful to the military people away from home.

It's called a fileserver. Why do they need facebook? Ignorance is never an excuse.

And to the guy above me.....

WOW. You should just quit life... Go live like a robot... it's EXACTLY what you deserve.
edit on 7-8-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Maybe I'm in a real annoyed mood today but reading through this thread it really puts into perspective how many people re just lost now a days...

It really puts into perspective how many people cant think outside the box and are crippled by what I call tunnel thinking - essentially only seeing one avenue or solution to any given problem, and shutting down in hopelessness when that avenue is compromised.

hypothetically say FB is shut down, why would this anger anyone? I mean how simple minded are you to NOT fight for legit issues such as the war or the climate change or even hunger and poverty but yet mess with my FB and all hell breaks loose...

Its in-effin-sane....simply insane...

So many problems in the world that dont get a single reaction from individuals, yet something so mindless as FB ceasing to exist and people are angry enough to riot...it boggles my mind...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laokin

Originally posted by Char-Lee

It's called a fileserver. Why do they need facebook? Ignorance is never an excuse.

And to the guy above me.....

WOW. You should just quit life... Go live like a robot... it's EXACTLY what you deserve.
edit on 7-8-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

Today's world and the way we live leaves little room for privacy anyway and some people feel they have no reason to hid their info that is their business. Many people use cameras and keep their whole lives online.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by krakencampbell
reply to post by krakencampbell

Sorry for the odd reply to this last night. It was just the first thing that popped in my head when I read the post. Wonder if they've been in my dvd collection?
Personaly I agree with some of the other responses on here. People that post their every move on sites like fb have no right to privacy. They place their entire lives onto the world stage.
As far as this particular group wanting to destroy fb, who cares? It won't affect me in any way. I could care less either way. I'm still on the fence though about whether or not they are helping or hurting.

In a sense we post a lot of ourselves here on ATS actually more giving away our true nature our view of issues and interests. What if they decided to take down ATS when you have decided you like to show your information here...your business to choose to do so.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Also to the people thinking anon's actions are going to shut down the intarwebs... from a business stand point, it would literally be impossible to do.

No one is going to shut down your internet ladies and gents, it would cripple the economy beyond recognition.

Anon knows exactly what they are doing, the internet cannot be censored - the internet cannot be shut down. Too much of daily operation revolves around it.

Its simply not going to happen.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by doom27

I wish they'd do the same to Steam Cloud: check out their outfit and their business etiquette!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

So basically you want to be Mr Peanut ?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The most hilarious ironic aspect of this is as follows:

Governments and Corporations pay large sums of money for information about Internet users.

Internet users make up all kinds of stuff, post hoaxes, twist the facts, etc all the time.

So the Government and Corporations are paying large amounts of money for information that is typically not even accurate.

I wish I could sell digital garbage for millions of dollars too! That would be the life.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join