It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message from Anonymous: Operation Facebook, Nov 5 2011

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
It seems like as of lately Anonymous is making these huge claims to fame but not really backing it up so much.

Yeah they are hacking government websites and pulling out information but not really any/much of the information they dig up is game-breaking. They have done some great things in the past though, but lately its been more talking and less walking.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by highpriestess

THANK U 4 this info . it was just as i thought . regardless how FB can b manipulated i still want my account n feel it should b my choice . thank you again for the great info on how we the people can have r lives ruined by the authorities .

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

"Remember, remember the 5th of November"

V for Vendetta.

The website will probably be down for a day, maybe two days, but after that it returns to normal and soon everyone forgot about it.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Never anything to worry about in the first place, this is something needed....oh and between you and me (and whoever reads this) the operation is still in full force, it just needed to be put back underground since it received to much hype...but with a simple change of days and a new take on it, this will still happen..

Not that anyones gonna believe me anyways..

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

orly neow?

something will still happen, i hope its epic. Maybe it's about time for me to take off my white hat and download mirc...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The information about this attack is all over the shop.

We've got 'Unknown Soldier' posting videos that state something WILL happen, then other news states “oh that’s not what we meant", or “oh this is old details that were just left lying around, whoopsy”…

The news report linked above even states that the destruction of Facebook goes against Anonymous views, yet other so called members are stating (in a very aggressive way) that its DOOM FOR FACEBOOK. Huh? Colour me confused.

Personally I think that’s the biggest problem with Anonymous. Anyone can come along and say they are part of it but are they really? Or if they are do they actually all know what’s going on?

This whole thing smacks of disorganisation & posturing wannabes to me.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The trusting, foolish, misled, nieve sheoplized robot slaves are so easily herded by their Masters. ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Wat?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Death to Facebook!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TRiPWiRE

Exactly. Anon is a huge group of people. Facebook is popular even among hackers.
I fully understand that some might not agree with it. But usualy it only takes one person to do the deed.
Thats what i love about anon, its not one person or one company. They're not on a payroll or anything, they're just people with their own opinion and exceptional knowledge in technology.
Facebook privacy violations go far beyond the fact that they don't really delete your account upon a request.

Btw its funny how the article states that their intention is make people aware of the whole account deletion thing.
And they encourage people to delete their accounts on the 5th as protest sign. Seems pretty pointless to me.
I guess people just have to wait and enjoy the show

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Wat?

Where? ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

Wat?

Where? ~SheopleNation

and how hard...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Spotless

I do believe some good has come from the confusion within Anonymous though. I can list a large number of friends who weren't security conscious on Facebook prior to this that are now asking questions. They want to know exactly what is going on with Facebook and the handling of personal data. Some have actually already deleted their accounts. It has struck fear into the minds of some of those who, up until now blindly posted anything and everything. That has to be a good thing.

In a way, operation Facebook may have already started!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
This is highly believable, but to be honest I dont give a # what they know about me
We as the resistance will win, don't know when or how...but it'll probably be supernaterally
Just keep spreading the truth and information, more and more people will open their eyes to the bullsh(t

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I don't consider this a legitimate Anon op, personally.

Anonymous consider themselves the guardians of the Internet. Facebook might have its' problems, (personally, I wish we were all on IRC instead of using it myself) but Anon are not going to want to destroy something that has assisted people so much in the Egyptian revolution and other things. I was on #opegypt when the protest against Mubarak went down. Facebook helped them for a while.

One of Anon's weaknesses is that their communication style is exceptionally easy to fake. So you almost certainly have governments now, attempting to impersonate them, while actually claiming that they advocate doing illegal things which will get them arrested. The only really destructive thing Anonymous does is DDoSing. Apart from that, almost everything they do is legal, and they are very particular about that, because they don't want to give the authorities any excuse.

So yeah. Nothing more to see here, people. Move along.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by doom27

Originally posted by SheopleNation

Wat?

Where? ~SheopleNation

and how hard...

Soft boiled. ~SheopleNation

edit on 13-8-2011 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Well hopefully, the theoretical "Anon Attack" persay doesnt strike against users as well - It would suck if suddenly some random dude got all your information. Especially since Facebook has Coins and credit card info...Oh boy

edit on 21-8-2011 by Mach5 because: Bah grammar and subject edit

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The 5th of November is fast approaching... anyone have any updates?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deflagration
The 5th of November is fast approaching... anyone have any updates?

See the first post at the top of this page

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join