It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message from Anonymous: Operation Facebook, Nov 5 2011

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

You signed your post with your Facebook link,..how ironic

and what does that mean, none of us are as cruel as all of us? I didn't think Anons were cruel?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
i dont know what anon plan so i've deleted my FB account. I didn't even care that the government can see anything i put on it but i care if my username/password is stolen and sold on the black market.

and what does that mean, none of us are as cruel as all of us? I didn't think Anons were cruel?

it means they can go about the internet bullying people anonymously and not be caught. I've seen them threaten people for saying things against them. Theyre all for free speech but only if they agree with what your saying.
edit on 8-8-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by doom27

The issue i see here is that the sheepie who are using facebook don't care if their info is out there, they are the ones who put it there in the first place, meaning this operation would be pretty useless.

You do realize facebook can only sell the information you provide them right? Anyone expecting a right to privacy from a free site that is worth billions is an idiot. Facebook helps me stay in touch with friends and family around the globe without using a stupid telephone. As such, I use it as a glorified telephone.

(end of reply to that quote)

I like my freedom and privacy, but I'm not a moron, and I don't post anything on facebook that I wouldn't walk around telling people I didn't know. so instead of yet again, screwing with something that makes my life simpler, how about doing something, anything, that actually protects my rights?

Cause all you are doing now is working hand in hand with the government in their mission to restrain, restrict, and control the internet.

Only mindless zombie sheeple will fall for this crap.

Wake up people

Anon IS the government. Is so transparent it actually makes me angry to see people, intelligent people, falling for this nonsense.

Yes, by doing the very thing guaranteed to end with a restricted internet, you are totally protecting my rights and privacy. Just like when you hacked the psn and SOLD MY ACCOUNT DETAILS.

Anon, and you mindless supporters, GET BENT
edit on 8-8-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I am not sure if its really ANONYMOUS the group of hacktivists. What would they really gain by destroying Facebook?

I think its prolly someone outside the country pissed off at the website which is upto certain extent also used or allows the misfits as a medium for social unrest and uprisings in several parts of the world???

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by doom27

I can't wait for the "Operation Take Down Anonymous" thread to pop up here. Watch all the Anonymous cry out loud how unfair and anti-freedom that is. Pure conjecture on my part I guess according to anyone who has an opinion opposite of my own of course.

Anonymous = "Let's commit criminal acts against those we don't agree with. That will show them who reigns supreme."

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by doom27

I don't need these punks to speak for me and they don't. This isn't about freedom. This is about a couple of no good little punks trying to cause trouble like they often do. Seriously, get a life you effeminate losers. I hope the whole lot go to prison and I don't care what happens to any of them.
edit on 8-8-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

"I'm not a moron, and I don't post anything on facebook that I wouldn't walk around telling people I didn't know"

You might not be a moron. There are a lot of people (who are not morons) who think their content on facebook is 100% safe and secure. You will find other means of communicating without much trouble.

This whole thing will fail if people won't start asking a simple question "Why?".
Everything facebook does, does so because it can get away with it. It even might be legal. It doesn't mean its ethical. People can't do anything about it, but Anons can. Anon is not a person, its not a group of people, its a LEGION. Hackers/crackers, white hats/black hats since the creation of the internet were trying to show the world, the banks, the companies all the security holes in their system. Facebook is a security hole in 750 million users lifes and it needs to be plugged shut.

edit on 8/8/2011 by Spotless because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
There's plety of privacy on FB...

yeah keep living in that fantasy

Someone stalking you on FB, you change your Privacy settings so they cant see what you say, who your friends are, where you live or work...

the point is not even facebook - the point is thats where "the majority" congregate - the point would be to get their attention and draw it to a fact - - - you have no privacy on the internet - you are not as safe as you think you are just because "they" say so, I don't care how much you paid them to tell you that.

FB has it's uses...!! Some people prefer not to spend $300 on a long distance phone call or wait 3 months for letter to arrive and be replied to.. Some people are isolted and need contact with the oputside world..

did you just get your pc last week? how do you not know of the hundreds of other free ways ONLINE to contact a person you wish to keep in touch with?
you will not die without facebook, or god forbid, be forced to write a letter.
You'll just choose another service that spies on you. They have their uses too.
What if they took out Myspace? oh, no one cares about myspace anymore do they?

so what would be the point?

LOL Stalin didn't like his people communicating with the outside world... so I just have to wonder whats the game with Anon...

LOL did you seriously compare losing facebook to what stalin did? no seriously? I gotta read that again

Sofar, I have been a staunch supporter of Anon.. but if they do this, I will have little to no respect for them at all. I would even go so far as to report anyone I know who might be involved with Anon...

unfortunately that seems to be the prevailing attitude

"Go Anonymous! unless it affects me, then screw you Anonymous!!!"

Disclaimer: I only responded because you addressed me specifically. I am well aware of the ridiculous attachment people have to FB and realize that, while I support the effort, most people would be devastated since they can't harvest their farms. Too devastated to see the reality of the situation (or care). Sure would make a great "false flag" event though wouldn't it.... Best way to create a boogey man for the masses, take away people's FB, then point fingers at Anonymous. I'm convinced at this point Anonymous attacking FB would be as pointless as me posting in this thread.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

yeah that's kinda what i said isn't it?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I think of a lot ATS Members have forgotten about the post regarding Randi Zuckerberg wanting to end Online Anonymity. And I am sure Mark Zuckerberg has the same views, seeing as by Deafult, your info is open for all the world to see.
So, all of you who are against Anonymous taking down Facebook; You will be happy for the following to happen to you at anytime.
You get a bill from your Bank stating that you are overdrawn by thousands of Dollars/Pounds due to someone stealing your bank details as you pay for a game.
You will not mind someone attacking you for something you DID NOT say, due to someone cloning your account and making trouble for you?
You will not mind someone contacting your partner, posting Realistic PhotoShop Images of YOU, doing things with an Animal.
You will not mind that one of their Adverts is infected with Malware and messes up your computer.
You will not mind being refused a job, because the Employer checked out your Facebook and did not appreciate seeing you with your pants down, and a beer bottle hanging out of your Anus, while you have your middle finger pointing into the air.
You will not mind....... I think I had better stop here.
OF COURSE YOU WOULD MIND!
The only reason you are against Anonymous attacking Facebook, is because none of the above has happened to YOU yet. . . . But when it does, you will be kissing the feet of every Anonymous Member and asking them to get revenge.

edit on 8/8/11 by 140BPM because: Whoops. Typo >o(

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Ah yes... see them come in here and explain why facebook should come down. Notice how those of you who dont agree with it are being moved into the same category as Facebook now. Notice how they are telling you whats best for you?

They are hypocrites and are doing exactly what they accuse the government of doing.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

"Notice how they are telling you whats best for you? "
Well, the government tells you whats best for you every day. What you should eat, drink, love, hate.
All the governments in the world spend huge amounts of money on military even though the majority of people want to stop the agression. Do you have any idea how many civilian casualties there were in iraq ? Have you seen apache spectre bombing a group journalists when a camera was thought to be an AK ?

The drastic actions anon has to take is nowhere close to the destructive and deceptive nature of our government.

Anon is at war in way. And i believe everyone knows the saying from Sun Tzu's "Art of War" :
The best defense is offense. There is no other way to make changes. You can't take the government to court.

People who like facebook aren't put in the same group as facebook itself because they're not aware of some disturbing facts and thats understandable.
I like how people appreciated that facebook helped to start the revolution in egypt. I hope that the death of facebook will start a revolution in the internet at least. You said it takes hard work to change something.
I think what anonymous are doing is as hard as it gets. They shouldn't be called cowards, they should be called brave.

I understand your point of view, but try and look at the bigger picture here. What if the claims made by anons are true ? Facebook is not that old, people were communicating on the internet looong before mark zuckerberg hit puberty. Its like you're saying do whatever you want to fight the government, but it better not involve any people lol. I think exactly the opposite.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 140BPM

exactly, those things have not happened yet, but when they do, I am sure the people that it happens to would appreciate the fact that they were able to handle the situation in their own way.

I don't think they want a group of hackers that are calling themselves Anon, trashing their FB pages.

If they agree with what you say then LET THEM CHOOSE as to what they wish to do with their "OWN" Facebook pages.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Spotless

I dont think its the true Anonymous people causing this FB drama. Remember, Anonymous is everyone and no one.

and from what I have read this is not what they are about.

This is a stunt to get people to disconnect from FB or if it is true then it is not Anon that is doing the damage.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

"Go Anonymous! unless it affects me, then screw you Anonymous!!!"

And there policy seems to be the same as above quote. When will we all learn.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Flint2011

Disclaimer: I only responded because you addressed me specifically. I am well aware of the ridiculous attachment people have to FB and realize that, while I support the effort, most people would be devastated since they can't harvest their farms. Too devastated to see the reality of the situation (or care). Sure would make a great "false flag" event though wouldn't it.... Best way to create a boogey man for the masses, take away people's FB, then point fingers at Anonymous. I'm convinced at this point Anonymous attacking FB would be as pointless as me posting in this thread.

because I'm tired of repeating myself

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mustangill

"This is a stunt to get people to disconnect from FB"
I don't think so. Even if 100k people would leave facebook because of this anon announcment that wouldn't change a thing. And if you've been using facebook, chances are pretty slim that you will get burnt by this in any way.
People who spend as much time on internet and computers in general to become hackers/crackers are understand way more that the regular city foe. In technology the more you know, the less limited you are.

And mustangill >
"LET THEM CHOOSE as to what they wish to do with their "OWN" Facebook pages."
The choice for the majority is obvious. They'll just use facebook as they always have. But thing is the general public doesn't know and doesn't care about what fb uses their profile for. I've only seen a piece of that pie, but that was enough for me to oppose facebook. I am all of social networks, but facebook is a social surveilance network atm. And without action, it can get out of hand.
If people would be told everything, i'm sure their choice would be different.
You know how they say " power to the people " ? Well anon is the power of the people in a way.

General public can't do anything about it and its not even aware of things that are happening "behind the scenes", a huge community of hacktivists can do something about it and it will. Expect them.

EDIT:
"Best way to create a boogey man for the masses, take away people's FB, then point fingers at Anonymous."
Well, but theres really nothing to point at. All the police in the world can't stop them.
edit on 8/8/2011 by Spotless because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I would like to see hackers shut down the entire internet, now that would get EVERYONE's attention.

I've been thinking about this for a couple of days now, and more and more I can see how facebook can be a danger to the average joe posting in their facebook. Now Employers check employees fb pages etc....
Don't put crap you do not want the world to know about you on facebook or anywhere on the internet, cause if it goes out on the WWW, it is not safe, no matter what anyone tells you, there is no fool proof way to keep data safe, if someone wants it, they will get it.

Oh and anyone on FB with pictures...I would back it all up on disk if you can (you should anyways), cause if they do briong FB down, there are going to be a lot of lost memories stored on fb servers wiped out

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

I read your disclaimer. It still does not detract from my statement. It was not targeted at you in some sort of negative manner. My apologies if I offended you as it was not my intention.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Can I make a request that they take down myspace too... or is that already been done? Can't remember but I'm tired of hearing about "social networking" sites and "dating sites". Most want you to pay a monthly fee to send messages back and forth. Can you imagine what it would cost to send regular email the same way?

I heard somewhere that these sites cause depression as well because people see others doing so well and harp on their own situation more. Any reality to this?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join