It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Death Of Kelly Thomas...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
It takes a bit to get me involved in a cause. Make no mistake, I am not here to gain support or rally the cause...at least not directly with this thread. I have been very involved in the issue of the Fullerton beating of Kelly Thomas. I attended the City Council Meeting and as well attended the protest in front of the Fullerton police department today...

While I want to detail some of the happenings today I want to start with some of the comradarie experienced. At about 10am PST, there were hundreds of people on each corner.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a54c0cf33f26.jpg[/atsimg]

I was driving to the protest site and got lost. In the interim, I drove past a bustop and saw a sign held by a guy...this guy was trying to get to the protest site via public transportation. I turned around and gave him the ride.

There was not a cop in sight. The department was empty from our perception but we continued to walk the corners (
crosswalk permissions) with our signs and our slogans. The amount of vehicles who honked acknowledgement is something I will never forget...never.

I spent 6 hours there...and the protest ended with a collection of the protesters on the lawn of the FPD.

I decided that I wanted for them to see what I thought...so I walked in the middle of the slogans to the door and laid down this sign...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/71076a28c066.jpg[/atsimg]

Many people then followed suit...Video is available soonish...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/669e96a47578.jpg[/atsimg]

This issue hits really close to me...not just because of regional circumstance but because I have spent years on ATS reading threads about Police Brutality. This instance resulted in the death of a human being for no viable reason and they are now on paid leave.

If any one of us committed their actions, it would be bars for life...but here we have a very obvious contradiction in our system...protecting their own...when there is proof of their excessive behaviour.

I am baffled.

More pics and thoughts soon...I have to let this go for now...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Sorry for the pics...the second one reads, "FPD - How does it feel to work with Murderers?"

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
to serve and protect...

our gang of thugs

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by vermonster
to serve and protect...

our gang of thugs

This isn't over. It has been communicated that Police Chief Sellers is waiting for this to subside....he has another thing coming...I am there next Saturday as well...and the digging will continue. Cops are not above the law...they murdered a human being and have not seen any appropriate consequence...

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Memoryshock, I think I speak for a lot of us who cannot be there when I say:

Thank you for standing up.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
All I can say in well done, Do not let this go either. Those officers need to be jailed for what they have done to this Thomas. And keep up the pressure. Although I thought it rather infuriating, the mayor asking for calm. Thats oks for him to say his son was not the one who was killed.

Starred and Flagged

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
may he rest in peace.....
x

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Did you get to meet Thomas Kelly's father? From what I've read in the news, it sounds like that man is on a crusade to bring the system down.. Rumor was he was offered $900k dollars to just go away, and tore the check up. And has apparently also publically pledged all proceeds from any future lawsuit to go directly to the city's homeless programs.

I'm just glad to see people standing up.. you expect this perhaps when a "normal" person dies, but to see this reaction for someone most would consider the bottom wrung of society is inspirational. Keep up the fight MS!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
WE THE PEOPLE, need to keep the pressure on all injustice caused by people with too much power
and no accountability as the man who does not stand up for his fellow man will have no protection
this sort of thing is getting beyond comprehension the good law officers who shield the bad need to rethink their position and uphold the laws of the constitution or be branded with the egomaniacs they protect
keep fighting the good fight

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Unfortnately for those cops that did this, the guy they killed, his father was a retired sherriff who's specialty was training cops on how to apprehend suspects. He said they didnt do one correct procedure. Karma is a son of a gun.
edit on 8/7/11 by professornurbs because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/7/11 by professornurbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I am glad to see the protests , and hope they will lead to action.right now 5 of 6 Fullerton Cops who Murdered Homeless Man Gang Style are Still Working.
www.salem-news.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Did you get to meet Thomas Kelly's father? From what I've read in the news, it sounds like that man is on a crusade to bring the system down.. Rumor was he was offered $900k dollars to just go away, and tore the check up. And has apparently also publically pledged all proceeds from any future lawsuit to go directly to the city's homeless programs.

I did meet him, shook his hand and arranged for him to get a shirt that was made for him. I have a pic that I can post a bit later.

And he did indeed rip up the check...good guy...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Unrelated to this incident, but another police shooting in London last week lead to the worst riots London has faced in living memory last night.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Buildings and police cars burned, officers hit with petrol bombs and rocks.. pretty violent. Supposedly it all started with a "confrontation" with one teenage girl and the police line that suddenly exploded into the crowd turning on the officers.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I don't post very often. Most of the time, it's because somebody else has already said exactly what I was thinking, and sometimes I just don't have anything to add to a particular discussion. This thread is different, however. And although it's been said a few times already and will certainly be said again, I feel compelled to express my support for you and everyone that is actively protesting this situation. Hats off to you, hang in there.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Unrelated to this incident, but another police shooting in London last week lead to the worst riots London has faced in living memory last night.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Buildings and police cars burned, officers hit with petrol bombs and rocks.. pretty violent. Supposedly it all started with a "confrontation" with one teenage girl and the police line that suddenly exploded into the crowd turning on the officers.

Does it make you all wish you had the right to bear arms? Cops will be less likely to murder people when everyone else is packing heat and ready to squeeze that trigger for justice.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

The difference here is the man the police shot opened fired on the police first as for the riots don’t now what kicked that of

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Does it make you all wish you had the right to bear arms? Cops will be less likely to murder people when everyone else is packing heat and ready to squeeze that trigger for justice.

I seriously doubt that would be the case. I have the right to carry a firearm if I chose to and I never will. Kelly didn't have a gun and that was well established at the beginning of the beating...the onlookers couldn't do anything but shout...

This issue is not about gun rights, in my opinion...it is about immature/reactive personalities having access to some hefty social responsibility and failing at it...with their superiors trying like hell to make it go away or cover it up...

Livid I am...and quit I won't.

As promised...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1f5372f4eb05.jpg[/atsimg]

He's a good guy and he supports the movement...He alluded to seeing my friend and I "at the end"...which I have inferred to mean that he is in it for the long haul...

Another pic of a cutie who climbed on top of a traffic light...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/579b7fb3411f.jpg[/atsimg]

I hope to have the video of the end of the protest up in a few...My pal needs to upload them and then I shall post...

Justice For Kelly Thomas!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

How sad again,I read another example of Police Brutality,and or injustice........... Thank you for putting this up.
Again,I believe those in Law Enforcement should be held to higher standards and principles.

Kelly Thomas Story

Injustice Everywhere

For those who want to believe these are Isolated incidences..... I give you exhibit A-Z
Peace

Star and Flag

edit on 7-8-2011 by sonnny1 because: Link

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Nope, since I hear about this kind of stuff from the USA very often, but rarely or not at all from other 'democratic' countries where citizens don't have the right to bear arms. To my experience cops are much more laid back if they don't have to fear to be shot at any time.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I'm glad you posted this, I hadn't even heard about this! I live in France, but Fullerton is my home town......my last apartment was just down the street from the Police department, in fact. I'll be researching to learn more.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join