It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does everyone think they have a right to know about SEALS?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
This is a top secret unit. Their operations have always been classified. And they always will be. The government, as much as you may wish to deny it, has the right to keep military secrets. It is essential to successful combat operations to deny intelligence to your enemy. I hate war, and I've had my fair share of it after two tours in Iraq. I wish there was no need for the SEALs. But that isn't the reality of the world we live in. Get over it.

Operational Security has always been part of the military. It's nothing new. What makes you think that you, an ATS member, sitting safe and sound behind your computer all day, have any need to know about what SEALs are up to? I can't stand the publicity these guys are getting lately. Hasn't been this bad since that movie GI Jane came out. It's not fair to them to be put in the public spotlight like this. It compromises their security and their ability to carry out missions.

Again, what the SEALs do is their business. Leave them to it. Of course their missions will involve cover-ups and secrecy. It's what they are there for. They are effective because of the secrecy surrounding their ops. You do not have clearance to know what they're up to. If you want to know so bad, then sign up and find out first hand.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

I personally do not want to know about the (Seals).....I am very thankful and glad these courageous men and women care enough to protect me and my country. The best i can do is pray for them.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I find it funny how I just finished a 15 minute video on a docu about the SEALS, and I see a thread of them lol.
Which I do got to admit the stuff they use are pretty beast.

But yes my friend, regardless if they do end up knowing what theyre up to, what difference is it going to make to them. They just want to know out of pure curiosity that serves no purpose. Why would it matter what they are doing if they are saving your lives being at risk here in the US, sometimes things shouldnt be questioned. Your statements are 100 percent right, there success lies in there well thought out secrecy.
Just let it be.

edit on 6-8-2011 by eddy2258 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Because they murder people in our name using our stolen (taxed) funds.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

What makes you think every ATS member sits safe and sound behind their computer all day?

Just a little food for thought. We don't need the OpSec spiel. Take care for now.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Sorry I didn't mean to imply that everyone here is sitting safe and sound behind their 'puters. I know there's lots of other vets and active duty members here who know and appreciate opsec. I was only talking to the ones that are safe and sound behind their computers and think that they are entitled to military secrets.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

I personally dont want to know your dirty little secrets in the same way that I dont need to know the details of some hit the mob put on someone. Id rather they just didnt exist in the first place, and I especially wish I wasnt forced, at gunpoint, to pay for these dishonorable and evil actions.

Let these 'seals' pay their own murderous way. I want no part of it.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
what secrets do you know i only know what the media says about them they killed osama in a helicopter that didnt exist was "silent and anti radar" so they blew it up because they emp bombed the city and used a old school veitman chopper to get out of there that doesnt use electronic systems.. seems there other helicopter went down because because like flight 77 they knew 2 much.. who were the insurgents the killed and why did it take 20 + team6 ?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I could care less who they are as their identities should be withheld for their safety, however, is taxpayer dollars are going to be used for their operations, training, and technology, then I do believe their actions should be released in full after any operations. This in no way threatens their safety but it does bring accountability to government for operations, casualties, and necessity of actions. It's similar to shoot first and ask questions later but will make the government think about the true necessity of certain operations.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
We pay Taxes , But we don't need to Know the specific of what they do or who they are. Some in this world could not handle the turth or keep their mouth shut. It's not hard to figure out they do the work that most don't have the balls to due. Don't blame them for what they do, they work for someone else...us. Be glad they do.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I couldn't care less what the seals secret missions are.

What I do want to know? Is if my own gov. has gone completely out of it's G-D mind and is whacking it's own service men and citizens.

I definetly have something to say about that.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Im sure you dont want to know whats in Taco bells meat either? If someone takes money from me and uses it for something shouldnt I be entitled to know what that is since its my money? But who cares what they do, I sure dont just saying. And yes I eat Taco hell all the time and couldnt tell you whats in it

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
answers to posed question:

1. as a taxpayer, we have every right to know who is doing what with my money
2. when you act as an agent of my(our) country, you bring honor/dishonor to my country
3. as an owner (taxpayer) the business in which my organization conducts is rightfully to be known by said owner
4. if the Seals represented a flag other than US no problem, its not my business
5. took an oath to the constitution like I did multiple times
6. because what the Seals do impacts every citizen, example: the seals go into aforeign country and kill someone, rightfully (how can anyone be so entitled unless they are god?) or not rightfully, doesn't matter. And the people, military, etc.. gets angry, exacts revenge by starting a war, bombing my town / neighborhood / childrens bedroom then it is DEFINATELY my problem. kinda how if a brother starts trouble with a gangster, your whole family pays the price..

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
@ Op.
why the bloody Hell you think that the US and their Pets- the Seals
have the Right to invade a "Sovereign Country"
with the purpose of killing other People or even Terrorists?

When you hate War fight the War but do not fight Wars!

Something is really wrong with the US People,
they think it is OK to go to Afghanistan, the Irak and 50 other States in the World,
we as the Free People don't like it and will fight the US until they face the Reality!
edit on 7-8-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

With all due respect, of which you have definitely earned by your service for this country, I don't get the sense that anyone is demanding to know ANYthing about secret missions. We are, however, trying to make sense of the information, or disinformation, (TBD) that has been put out for public consumption.

I agree with you, we should never even know anything about what they are doing. But, don't dress down fellow ATS'ers for doing what we do and are here for, when it is your Commander in Chief that is politicizing an event to make himself look good.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Lol get over yourself, noone cares about the seals. You're just a minor part of a major militaristic agenda he'll bent on destroying and controlling the world. Congrats.

Or you can say you're protecting us from big bad countries like Iraq and Libya. Very threatening indeed.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

the Navy Seals are not the be all end all of our Military. There are others with at least and sometimes more "oomph" the following 2 groups do things and get no press time, for a reason.. they are the real bad boys

Marine Recon, trained and did Ops with, and one time we got into a fight with some seals at red beach, tieed one to the hood of our humvee after we stripped him to his underwear, and drove around camp for everyone to see..a recon squad is tougher than a bunch of squids anyday

Air Force Pararescue---

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

If this thread is about the Navy Seals in general, then you are right, but I think they are referring to DEVGRU, which is one of two "Tier One" Speccy-Ops groups with the other one being Delta.

IT--
edit on 7-8-2011 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Did you forget we serve the American people and they foot the bill? They are entitled to the knowledge , however for their own good , and ours , its not given , even though THEY ARE ENTITLED to the information.

Its that simple. The American people are your frist priority. You have no other reason except to Fight for the American people , in turn you accomplish this by fighting for your brothers that are beside you.

If you got a problem serving the American people , then get out , some one else will foot your gear.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo_Serf

Seal Team Six murdered a murderer. As far as I'm concerned, my tax dollars were VERY well spent! This effort cost far less than the billions of dollars the US paid Pakistan to hide that sorry piece of crap (certainly not my first choice of words).

I'm not interested in hearing about the "labor pains", and only want to see the "baby". My only regret is that we didn't give him a proper Al-Qaeda style farewell by dragging his rotting carcass up and down the streets of Manhattan for a day or so.

ZeroReady, and all others that have honorably served in the US Armed Forces:
Thank you VERY much for your selfless service and sacrifice! The only interest a true patriot would have in your actions would be in the results, and NOT in the details.

See ya,
Milt

top topics

<<   2 >>

join