It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

got any paranormal first hand acounts?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
i'm bored. you crackuhs have any expieriences you would like to share? i'm mostly interested in ghosts and creatures that defy logic. but anything will suffice. even aliens timetravelers and espers. haha! i crack myself up.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

You willing to pay for it? Whatcha got to trade?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I was in a graveyard with my aunt and I had my Ouija board, so we did a quick one and the next thing we know we heard babies crying and saw these dark shadow-like things that looked like the grim reaper. We ran back to the house, screaming. I left the board there we got back the next day and it was gone. I got another one, later on. We never did go back into that graveyard.
edit on 6-8-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire

ONE BILLION DOLLARS!!!

Seriously, is this what your expecting?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

whoa! thats super special awsome! aside from the fact that it scared you. i've alot of ghost stories about crying babies ...mostly near bridges for some reason... my family always told me, ahem... "stay the hell away from ouiji boards or i'll kick your ass!" lol. but yeah those things always did scare the hell out of me

edit on 6-8-2011 by ashanu90 because: because

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire

do you accept bits of string? lol

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I had no idea what to expect. I'll go somewhere else till op makes an offer.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Some years back my kids and I lived in a house we refer to as 'the ghost house'. I saw a little boy a few times, the first time I saw him I thought he was one of mine. Lights would go off and on, electronic toys would go on. Pictures would fly across the room. Dishes would be shattered in tiny pieces but you didn't know it until you tried to pick it up. Sometimes we would smell smoke really strong as if someone walked by you with a cigarette. Our dog would watch them move around. No one ever lives in that house for very long, always less than a year.
We found out later that a family had a fire there and some of them had died in it.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

String? More than enough.
Here is a link to my third UFO sighting which has links to my others. Garner what you can from this thread and save those for a rainy day. Enjoy your tales ashnu.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RareCatD

thats creepy cuz theres a house down the road from where i live that nobody will live in for more than a month... maybe its haunted

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I would not doubt that it may be haunted.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
A small gathering of friends and I, as a lark decided to have a voodoo ritual. Complete with rum, drumming, cigars, glyphs drawn on the floor with corn meal, etc....actually an excuse to party... one of the girls started dancing around the glyph to the drumming, and about 4 or 5 min. into the "ritual" she fell on the floor and looked like she was having some kind of seizure, started talking in a strange language and was obviously
possessed by something. At first we thought she was just acting but it soon became apparent that this was the real deal and we destroyed the glyph, and applied a cool wet towel to her forehead. Eventually she came around with no recollection of what had just happened. We were freaked out for awhile but continued to party anyway.

Try it and see what happens....
edit on 6-8-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I work in a hotel as night porter.

I can sleep if i'm not busy, throw some cusions on the floor wa-la.

A couple of experiances that have woke me up, both at 4:30 am.
As I say cusions on the floor, hands linked on my chest elbows hang over the edges of cusions, I woke up becasue I felt a dog (a short muscular dog like a pitbull of staffordshire terrier) knock my elbow and waddle past me, I got the sense it was brown.

Another morning at 4:30 am I awoke to the sound of a room full of people chatting (you know that noise when alot of people are talking and it just becomes, well noise) no-one was about certainly not 10-15 people.
I sat listening to it for a minute and then it just became dead silent.

I've also had a table move in the restaurant, I done my security walkabout and walked right through the restaurant only to come back 5 mins later to have a table and the 2 chairs either side blocking the gangway that I had just very comfortably walked through. This was at 3:30.

Talking to someone more in touch with this kind of thing also works here, she say's guest bring alot of spirits with them aswell as resident ones.
edit on 6-8-2011 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I've had my tv turn on all by itself 3 times in a row. When I would lay down is when it would come on. The remote was not being tampered with in any way. The plug was snug in the outlet (although, I don't understand how a loose plug would turn ON the tv.) I'd sit up, look at the tv oddly and turn it off. No sooner does my head hit the pillow does it turn back on. Each time all I got on the screen was that snow and whitenoise. After the third time, I turned it off and turned it right back on and....Nick At Nite came in as clear as a bell. The channel I had was last watching when I orginially turned off the tv. After that though, it never came on by itself. It was odd indeed.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
When I first moved into my house 10 yrs ago it all started with my children's remote controlled school bus made for toddlers. Remote was on the dresser and started playing and driving and singing in the middle of the night. My daughter, age 7 at the time, got up to turn it off. It would not turn off. It had no batteries in it

Went camping for the weekend, all doors and windows closed and locked. Came home to broken picture in the middle of the floor. If it fell off the wall broken glass would've been fairly close to the wall, not 5 feet away. Nothing else in the house disturbed.

Home alone, no tv, just computer and peace n quiet. Heard a girls voice at bottom of stairwell. Thought my daughter was home after all, went to investigate. I was home alone.

Home alone, doors and windows closed. I was on computer and in the hallway around the corner a picture fell off the wall and broke.

I have a dog that literally does not bark. Last week, about 4 am my dog wanted out of the bedroom (not normal) ran out to the livingroom, ran in a circle 4 times while looking upwards and barking. Had a hard time calming her down.

Christmas night 4 yrs ago my son who was 11 at the time came upstairs crying an panicked saying something just got into bed with him.

We all see dark "shadow" people from time to time out of the corner of our eye, or upon waking in the middle of the night.

This is just a very few things that have happened while living here the past 10 years.

We are moving in a about a week, and we hope to God it/they don't come with us.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I have two small ones. I'll relate them as they happened and let others judge. I don't know for sure that they were paranormal, but I do know that I have no logical explanation for them.

Both of them occurred when I worked at a warehouse that was reputed to be haunted. The first incident occurred before I knew this; the second one occurred after.

In the first one, I was working in the middle of the warehouse sorting through some boxes. There were several people in the room, but none anywhere near me; they were probably something like 20-30 feet away at least. I heard an extremely faint voice whisper my name. I looked up; nobody was paying any attention to me. I turned around, and nobody there was either; everyone was focused on their work. I shrugged it off, thinking I'd imagined it. A few seconds later, I heard my name again. Again I looked around, saw nobody trying to get my attention, and even if they had been, nobody was close enough for me to hear a whisper; heck, they probably would have had to shout. I assumed I'd imagined it and forgot about it. A few weeks later, I was discussing with a colleague working at another site about paranormal stuff, and she told me that that house was haunted. I replied with something like "Cool :p" and thinking in my mind something like 'yeah, whatever..." Then her next sentence was "one of the things the ghost sometimes does is to call out people's names". Well, then my attitude changed a bit, and I took it more seriously, and I related to her the experience above.

The second one was at the same warehouse, but sometime after I found out it was haunted. (which may or may not have influenced how I perceived it) Anyway, I was cleaning up for the day, and went into one area and found that the radio had been left on. I pressed the off button, and nothing happened. Tried a few more times; nothing. I unplugged the radio; nothing. I go to take the batteries out; the battery slots are empty. Now, at the time this was my summer job in between semesters of studying electrical engineering, and it doesn't take an engineering degree to know that by this point the radio should not still be playing. I turn the volume down to zero; it doesn't change. I change the station; nothing happens, the thing keeps playing as if I hadn't done anything this whole time. Sometime in all this of course I remembered that the place was supposedly haunted, and after trying and failing to turn the radio off, I just figured maybe the ghost wanted to finish the song or something, so I walked away. I'm not sure when I checked in there next, probably a few minutes later, but the radio was silent. (I'd been using that radio all summer, so I know it wasn't one of those old school batteryless quartz crystal ones or anything)

I heard a few other stories from people about that place, but you asked for firsthand, not secondhand, so I'll just be brief. One involved a coworker seeing what I recognized as the description of a 'shadow person' in an unused part of the warehouse, and in the other, an employee narrowly missed being killed by a falling door that had been secured before, that could not possibly have fallen.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
wow! these are pretty neat! thanx for sharing everyone!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

what did the glyphs look like? and if you can remember, what did she say? can you share a few words or what they sounded like?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I have a lot of stories from a decade ago when a group of friends who were doing WWII reinacting were camping out near Civil War battlefields. This was when digitial magnetic recording was just really being introduced as means to capture ghost voices.

In one trip to the Antietam battlefield in Sharpsburg, MD around 10:00 pm, we were able to easily record numerous and clearly defined voices from various places around the battlefield. Our technique was not to ask questions continously, but rather to simply place the tape recorder on the ground for 2-3 minutes in remote or high killing or death areas of the battlefield. On most of the ghost shows on cable they do not capture the voices well because they ask too many questions and overtalk the voices so they get muted or muddled by investigators talking over the spirit voices.

Things we able to capture on EVP's included "Help me...please help me..." as clear as if someone was right there with us....as well as a man giving the last rights near Dunker Church. No question these were real and they were clear as can be well beyond most EVP's.

Same location, another year, we visited one of the homes on the battlefield and walked outside to do the same captures. One of us stayed in the car with car motor off. Two went to the house and looked in the home and took EVP's around various areas on the porches and side areas near steps. Heard man taking to his child (a girl) and other moaning and pain associated expressions (the home was a field hospital).

However when I went back to the car leaving one of us on the upper porch, the guy in the car asked me who the other person was with our buddy on the upper porch. Since I had not gone there with the guy still on the porch we realized that something had appeared with him in human form while he was on the upper porch. That guy was unaware of anything at all and never saw it, but the guy in the car did.

Just as we discussed this the car went dead and the radio turned on by itself despite the fact that the car was not running at all. Very weird to have your radio turn on by itself when it was shut off completely and the car never started.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
I was in a graveyard with my aunt and I had my Ouija board, so we did a quick one and the next thing we know we heard babies crying and saw these dark shadow-like things that looked like the grim reaper. We ran back to the house, screaming. I left the board there we got back the next day and it was gone. I got another one, later on. We never did go back into that graveyard.
edit on 6-8-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

People who study this sort of thing will tell you consistantly not to play around with Ouija boards and that nothing good ever happens by them. So the theory goes, they provoke in some odd way demons and dark spirits that seek to harm or endanger people. Hollywood makes them out to look like nice little vehicles for communicating with dead loved ones - but real world experience says keep your distance unless you want to invite evil into your home or life.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join