It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demonic Screams And Diabolical Laughter In The Graveyard

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
when my friend and i were fifteen years old, we were walking through a cemetary in massachusetts one winter night. the center road that runs through the middle we often used as a short cut from his house to mine. this night was cold and quiet, neither one of us were talking. we had walked about halfway through this cemetary when suddenly,"without warning" from out of nowhere, we heard the very loud sounds of diabolical laughter and demonic screams. these horrible sounds were sinister and evil and came from "directly in front of us, above us and all around us" at the same time. as we stopped and stood still frozen with fear, this laughter and screaming increased in intensity and changed into the sounds of what i can only describe as an "enraged werewolf" shrieking, cackling and growling all at once. after about twenty seconds,as we both ran away crying and terrified, these sounds trailed off behind us as anguished, inhuman moaning. we were in hysterics for days afterwards and, of course, no one believed us. these sounds were "without a doubt" not from any animal or person. if i had a recording of what we heard that night and was able to replay it, i would warn anyone who cared to listen that what they were about to hear would change them forever, as it did my friend and i and we heard these sounds blasting at us, in a cemetary at night, with no warning at all.....

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
If you're out in a graveyard after dark you will see and hear anything and everything. What the hell did you expect ? I did that one night and I heard a baby crying. There was nobody there, what a shock ! The only difference was that I had a Ouija board
edit on 6-8-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Permit me to ask:

What was it, exactly, that made these screams, and this laughter, "demonic" and "diabolical"?
As opposed to, say, non-demonic screams and non-diabolical laughter?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
sometimes when the night is quiet, our brain tries harder to hear things because it hates quiet environments.
also on cold nights the body provides more blood to the "keep you alive" part of the brain than the thinking part, so the brain will start assuming things much faster.
also people have always been scared of the dark(its an evolution thing). add that to the fact that you possibly knew you were near a cemetary scared you even more.
so subconsciously you were already scared. all you needed was rustling of leaves or the cemetary keeper removing older corpses(to add space) to get you running.

but, we don't have recordings of the noise so we can never know.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
Permit me to ask:

What was it, exactly, that made these screams, and this laughter, "demonic" and "diabolical"?
As opposed to, say, non-demonic screams and non-diabolical laughter?
the sounds were evil and sinister,cackling,screaming,moaning and growling...the terror these sounds induced filled us with feelings we never felt before or since

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoctorSatan
sometimes when the night is quiet, our brain tries harder to hear things because it hates quiet environments.
also on cold nights the body provides more blood to the "keep you alive" part of the brain than the thinking part, so the brain will start assuming things much faster.
also people have always been scared of the dark(its an evolution thing). add that to the fact that you possibly knew you were near a cemetary scared you even more.
so subconsciously you were already scared. all you needed was rustling of leaves or the cemetary keeper removing older corpses(to add space) to get you running.

but, we don't have recordings of the noise so we can never know.

I've heard crap in graveyards too, what you said my friend sounds like some crap that use to pacify you in Creepypasta; tell you everything's okay till whatever is in the shadows decides to kill you.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
paranormal.about.com... i found this link,my friend and i arent the only ones to experience this kind of thing

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Where in mass?

I live in Mass and have no fear of the supernatural, and i have seen with my own eyes proof of the invisible being able to influence our world.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
You felt unnatural fear right? Like every hair on your body being lifted up?

I've heard inhuman laughing too once.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Something I hope to never experience. I have kind of noticed when reading up on demonic activity a lot of it happens out on the east coast in the oldest states. Just a personal observation.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I heard the laughter once in a hospital, and the second time I didn't hear demon-like laughter, but, for a week or so, each night after 6:30 PM, as the sun would set, I would hear babies crying, women screaming, and dogs barking. I would also feel unnatural fear. Intense terror unlike normal fear. I was scared and I wouldn't know why (I rationalized the sounds the second time around). Even my family would feel the fear I felt.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TopherWayne
Something I hope to never experience. I have kind of noticed when reading up on demonic activity a lot of it happens out on the east coast in the oldest states. Just a personal observation.
thanx for your comment...maybe these weird experiences have something to do with the indians that we just trampled underfoot as we expanded across the continent,which started on the east coast

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by matthewgraybeal
Where in mass?

I live in Mass and have no fear of the supernatural, and i have seen with my own eyes proof of the invisible being able to influence our world.
i'll tell you exactly where...st patricks cemetary,rockland, mass. i always get this feeling that if i went out there at night ,i could "provoke" it into doing something similar...arent there supernatural irish beings called banshees that scream out of no where when someone has died or is about to die!? and this is an irish cemetary and i still live next to it right now,as i'm typing this i can actually look out into it,well i can see a part of it anyways theres a lot of trees in this graveyard.i think its fairly old,the oldest grave is from about the 1850s or close to that.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Many dark forces despise the force of fear, as they blame it for much of thier own suffering.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
when my friend and i were fifteen years old, we were walking through a cemetary in massachusetts one winter night. the center road that runs through the middle we often used as a short cut from his house to mine. this night was cold and quiet, neither one of us were talking. we had walked about halfway through this cemetary when suddenly,"without warning" from out of nowhere, we heard the very loud sounds of diabolical laughter and demonic screams. these horrible sounds were sinister and evil and came from "directly in front of us, above us and all around us" at the same time. as we stopped and stood still frozen with fear, this laughter and screaming increased in intensity and changed into the sounds of what i can only describe as an "enraged werewolf" shrieking, cackling and growling all at once. after about twenty seconds,as we both ran away crying and terrified, these sounds trailed off behind us as anguished, inhuman moaning. we were in hysterics for days afterwards and, of course, no one believed us. these sounds were "without a doubt" not from any animal or person. if i had a recording of what we heard that night and was able to replay it, i would warn anyone who cared to listen that what they were about to hear would change them forever, as it did my friend and i and we heard these sounds blasting at us, in a cemetary at night, with no warning at all.....

It definately sounds like the stuff of nightmares and Hollywood movies ... but I've experienced plenty of paranormal activity myself over the years, that some would think only happened in fiction ... but I have two questions before I offer a potential explanation;

#1 Was there any snow on the ground or fog in the air that night ?

#2 You say you were 15yrs old at the time ... how long ago did this happen ?

Woody

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

It definately sounds like the stuff of nightmares and Hollywood movies ... but I've experienced plenty of paranormal activity myself over the years, that some would think only happened in fiction ... but I have two questions before I offer a potential explanation;

Woody
this happened around the month of january,1981...there was a few inches of snow on the ground but none on the road we were walking on...we all have memories of things that remain vivid and clear and when i think about these sounds i can still hear them...i have been out in that cemetary many times with our dogs or with my daughters and have never heard anything else.make believe you are standing somewhere alone,imagine screaming and moaning and growling suddenly errupting without warning really loud and right in your face,it was terrible.we didnt ask for this to happen and didnt want it to but it did.this thing definitely had vocal chords, but it was inhuman and malevolent and remember,both of us heard it...i am going to get some kind of recording device and try to provoke this thing....whatever it was...it exists

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

paranormal.about.com... i found this link,my friend and i arent the only ones to experience this kind of thing
this ^^^ growling was heard outside a 6th floor window

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

Woody
this happened around the month of january,1981...there was a few inches of snow on the ground but none on the road we were walking on...we all have memories of things that remain vivid and clear and when i think about these sounds i can still hear them...i have been out in that cemetary many times with our dogs or with my daughters and have never heard anything else.make believe you are standing somewhere alone,imagine screaming and moaning and growling suddenly errupting without warning really loud and right in your face,it was terrible.we didnt ask for this to happen and didnt want it to but it did.this thing definitely had vocal chords, but it was inhuman and malevolent and remember,both of us heard it...i am going to get some kind of recording device and try to provoke this thing....whatever it was...it exists
www.bfro.net...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

OK, maybe I believe you, yeah I do, but I have a question. why in the world would you bring your daughters there? if something scaired the bejeezus out of me I wouldn't bring my kids there. maybe my dogs to see if they'd react but not my kids. did your daughters ever mention anything? don't they say children & animals are more in tune to this type of phenomena?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join