It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debt Crisis or Stupidity???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
This is my first rant. I am totally angry and wondering why this hasnt been thought of before?

In the last 24 hours the US economy has taken a huge hit. I am watching the news trying to make sense of it all. After discussing what it all means to Americans, ie higher interest rates, etc, the very next story is a story about the United States sending BILLIONS of dollars in aid to Africa for famine.

Now I am not heartless, I hate to hear of starving children in 3rd world countries, but I live by a budget. The US has to do the same.

Right now in my opinon, the US has no money to send to ANYONE outside our borders for ANY reason. We are broke. The Bank is closed. Period.

Why dont we stop sending money to help everyone else and concentrate on paying our bills?

In my house when we have a financial crisis, we pay our bills and whatever we have left we give to charity church etc. It is not the other way around.

If I have to budget and cut out my humanitarian monies why dont my government have to do the same?

Oh and why I am ranting, are other countries going to send aid to all of us when we cant take care of ourselves? I know in recent events such as the tornados in the south and Hurricanes I dont recall other countries sending us aid.

It has to stop. In a crisis you have to take care of number one.

Why is it so hard?????????????????

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
If the billions to Africa at these times upsets you, I hope you haven't seen how much we sent to Israel...

You're right, though. The stuff they are doing is ridiculous. It's either stupidity or a very evil plan. It's one or the other, and personally I think it's a very bad idea to underestimate our leaders.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Well said, sister.

None of it actually makes any sense unless there is an agenda at play here. In politics, nothing happens by accident - and if it were just a case of ineptitude, you would expect an equal percentage of WISE and BENEFICIAL moves.

Does anyone here think that half the things our government does benefits anyone beyond themselves, big business, and military interests?

Anyone?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Why dont we stop sending money to help everyone else and concentrate on paying our bills?

Because foreign aid is given to countries to pay pack foreign (American) debt. Or it is giving not as a grant but as a loan and interest is charged on it.

Odious Debt

Reading Material

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Title of Thread...(Debt Crisis or Stupidity?).....to me it is both.....stupidity led to the debt crisis....or.....was this done on purpose by these wealthy elite?

Here is a link to a list:

www.nndb.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Right?

It would be like at my house if I was over budget one month and couldn't pay all my bills so I go to the bank and take out a loan to give some guy down the street a few hundred dollars.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
Right?

It would be like at my house if I was over budget one month and couldn't pay all my bills so I go to the bank and take out a loan to give some guy down the street a few hundred dollars.

...and then that guys pays the money to your brother because he built an addition on the guy's house and was in debt to your family....

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Exactly what most British people were saying before the latest African famine.

My slightly on topic rant though is that an ATS member told me via U2U that all this would happen in slightly more detail than on the thread he made in the Predictions section where most members ridiculed him as "wrong" and "highly doubtful this will happen". What did I do about it? Nothing, that's what. How come I can be so dismissive even though a part of my head tells me someone is correct?

top topics

join