It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fires started after Tottenham police shooting protest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Fires started after Tottenham police shooting protest

www.bbc.co.uk

Petrol bombs have been thrown at police and three patrol cars, a bus and buildings have been set on fire in a disturbance in Tottenham, north London.

The incident began after a protest over the fatal shooting by police of 29-year-old Mark Duggan on Thursday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 8/6/2011 by Mirthful Me because: Title.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This shows the frustation of the english public, It blantelty was not about the shooting of the man, in my opinion the police have been right on this one (someone shot a police officer, the bullet got logged in his radio, and then they ordered shoot to kill) but this shows how angry the english public are. They are after a reason to riot, shame it isn't for the right reasons though. Reasons? Too many to choose from, where it will lead? God knows, but it wont end here, thats for certain.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6-8-2011 by Trolloks because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2011 by Trolloks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Long time lurker.. first time poster here.

I think the issue is that his death brought attention to Operation Trident. Which is a Met operation to investigate crime specifically within the black community.
Prior to this, The mans cousin was stabbed and killed in a night club, in March. He had been behaving oddly since then, with marked paranoia.
Reports by witnesses suggest, that the guy had surrendered and put down his gun before he was shot twice by a police officer, equipped with a Heckler & Koch MP5 carbine.

Don't get me wrong, he deserved to be arrested. I'm just not sure he deserved to be shot twice after he surrendered his weapon.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I have to throw my hand up hear an admit i did not know as much as you on the case, my friend got a phone call about it and next thing i know it was on the news, i was just sharing it with the people on the forum.

No doubt the whole situation seems suspicious, esspecialy with the info you just gave, no wonder so many people are rioting. The next week is goin to be very intersting, market or what not, this is going to spread and continue. Reasons may differ, but the effect will be the same.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Hey, I dont know anything for sure, just thought I'd quit lurking and respond, as the media over here (well.. the unbiased media) is giving accounts of him putting down his gun before he was killed.
So not sure how it will all pan out.
Media now referring to it as a 'race riot'

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
There are a few thrads about it mate.Not sure how to post a link but my ones address is
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

thread closed.

join