It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Perry...Rally prompts mixed reaction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Rally prompts mixed reaction...

Perry called the rally to seek higher help as the country combats lingering economic malaise and what he referred to as a rash of “moral relativism.” Since he began organizing the event in December, the governor has faced increasing criticism from points across the philosophical map, from atheists, leftists and pundits, some of whom call it a purely political move aimed at social conservatives as Perry gears up for a presidential run.

This guy is a snake oil salesman.

He thinks he is completely above the law. This video is from 2000.

“You can’t really separate God and country. If a person is a Christian, he should be a Christian in every realm of his life. He should be the same person at church, in the political office, at home and everywhere,” Lain said.

Wow, that is a precious theory. How has that worked out recently?

Despite criticism of Perry from such groups as the American Civil Liberties Union, the Texas Freedom Network and People for the American Way, Rausch said the governor’s rally does not violate the separation of church and state unless public money is used for the event. Catherine Frazier, a spokeswoman for the governor, said Friday that almost no public money is being used.

Almost no public money?

“We don’t know exactly how much Gov. Perry’s security detail costs. Everybody knows how much I get paid. Why can’t we figure out how much they pay for his security?” he said has acknowledged that the governor’s security detail will accompany him to the rally. The cost is unknown.

No, I'm sorry...The cost is not unknown.

“He may be using it as political gain for the Christian vote. I don’t know that, but that’s what it sounds like to me,” Tash said. “But as far as his call for prayer, I commend him for it. I think that’s a wonderful idea, but again, the motivation behind it I don’t know that I would agree with. If it’s politically motivated, then I would disagree with it.”

He may be using it for political gain, In Texas.....You THINK ?

Story

edit on 6-8-2011 by whyamIhere because: public schools

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

of course it's politically motivated...he wants to reach out to all the other bible humping crazies that are out there and earn their votes...plain and simple...

join