It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible Life is nothing more than a complex simulation? Feedback

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo_Serf

hey thanks for the link.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Bob you sound like some of the people I hang with. We believe reality to be only what we are capable of percieving it to be in life when in true actuality , we are so limited by or human perceptions that we have no clue what reality truely is. Therefor I truely understand the ops questioning it.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magantice
reply to post by Doax919

Do you feel as if you should be dead and the fact that you are not is a lie that you cannot escape? The reason I ask this is I know people who feel this way. They have explained to me that their soul is telling them they dont belong here and have actually left some time ago, and that what they percieve as being alive and reality is all just a lie, that they cannot escape. As if its a never ending movie called life.

I believe strongly that it is not ontological reality that is ever irritating them, but instead our subconscious knowledge that understands that our current society is fundamentally based upon irrationality and is thus evil. Our true selves yearn for the truth, and this natural curiosity is stomped upon and bound up in our early childhood by the very people we look to for truth. We quickly learn as youngsters that to ask honest questions is to be punished harshly, and since a child cannot live if he/she does not conform, he/she is forced to accept the delusions and illusions of society as a whole, which is impressed upon them by their parents and teachers.

Conformity to irrationality and evil is thus a valid survival mechanism, as we as tribal animals have evolved to conform in order to survive. Since the world is essentially evil, one must adopt a false, evil and irrational self simply as a base survival strategy. It is a wonder that truth tellers exist at all, considering their historical treatment that basically murdered, tortured, or cast out any who might question the irrational conformity of the tribe, and later nation.

Truth seekers are an aberration, and yet they (we) are responsible for basically every improvement of the human condition ever.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

oddly enough i was about to reply to your second to last post and say i felt that way. i don't feel i belong here and that life is a short prelude to our real lives. being incarcerated here will add perspective to an infinite existence. death is honestly preferable.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Bob you sound like some of the people I hang with.

Well I guess you and I couldnt 'hang' because I believe what Bob is spouting to be the most contemptible and specious nonsense that has ever aided the mass murder of innocents throughout time. 'I know that we cannot know' is literally at the root of all the slaughterhouse ideologies that have plagued man since the birth of the state.

Good thing I place truth above who I can conform irrationally to.

'I know that we cannot know' is more accurately translated as 'i know that *you* cannot know', and thus an all powerful dictatorship of 'philosopher kings' is required to think for the profane masses, who by their nature as slaves are unable to know the truth for themselves.

Irrational absolutes require irrational, absolute authority. Irrational, absolute authority = megadeath. (see the 20th century)

We believe reality to be only what we are capable of percieving it to be in life when in true actuality , we are so limited by or human perceptions that we have no clue what reality truely is. Therefor I truely understand the ops questioning it.

I know youre not dumb so my patience grows a little thin in the face of your willful non understanding of your self contradictory, self detonating statement.

If you can know nothing, how can you *know* that nothing is *knowable*?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

My friends and I would agree with you 100%. Personally Im pretty pizzed off that Im stuck here for now. I cant claim to understand the soul, but I know what mine is telling me. I dont fit in here anymore, Im supposed to be gone, and Im caught up in an illusion. I know you understnad what Im saying. I feel you.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

oddly enough i was about to reply to your second to last post and say i felt that way. i don't feel i belong here and that life is a short prelude to our real lives. being incarcerated here will add perspective to an infinite existence. death is honestly preferable.

So you openly admit you embrace the philosophy of death?

Holy smokes man, please, for our sakes, never council anyone who prefers life on anything, ever again.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Maybe you two should form a suicide pact so you can spare us your death cult insanity? There are young minds here that you are actively attempting to corrupt.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Geeze Neo you really are a buzzkill. Cant we agree to dissagree without you geting all nasty? As for me being dumb in your opinion, yes in this reality I am. I'm not capable of comprehending beyond this human capacity.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Im not attempting to corrupt anyone thank you. Last time I looked I still had freedon of speech. Geeze. You are so nasty in your replys. Why? really......Why?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Im not attempting to corrupt anyone thank you. Last time I looked I still had freedon of speech. Geeze. You are so nasty in your replys. Why? really......Why?

I apologize if I come off overly aggressive or mean spirited in my responses. I realize that perhaps I dont always communicate in an inviting manner. But presentation is secondary to truth, and I really want you to understand the truth of what you are proposing.

Honestly Im not here debating to make friends, or to coddle your misguided illusions for the sake of getting along. I want the truth. And the truth is, what you are proposing is literally at the root of all the evil that exists in the world, and all the murder and mayhem that has existed since Plato and before. I see now that you dont realize the gravity of what youre saying, so Ill ease off a bit, for now, as it really isnt your fault that youve had these delusional philosophies inflicted upon you, as basically all of us have to one degree or another as a basic fact of life.

So let me retract my previous aggression and start fresh with you, if you will allow it. But I wont mince words with you out of respect for your own humanity - the 'philosophy' you, and most of humanity embraces, is literally at the very root of all that we would call evil and corrupt in this world. This world that is so fundamentally sick and tormented, and desperately yearns to free itself from this intergenerational madness.

To embrace non existence and irrational certainty of nothingness is to embrace, and to fertilize the very soils that evil takes hold in with its knotted root. Evil requires that you and I abandon any objective reason or standard of judgement so that it may carry out its heinous deeds without the light of reason upon it. I needs you to give up all hope, all rationality and all your desire to live so that it may subject you to death. Not only that, but evil wants to *love* your own servitude, and it wants you to reject anybody who comes along to tell you that your mind is valid, that your experiences have value, and that your judgement is sound. Evil *needs* you to abandon your desire to live justly, to compare actions and behavior to a standard above and beyond what it has inflicted upon you, and to do so it requires that you are unable to think or judge for yourself.

Thus evil revels when you blithely proclaim that there is no truth, that there is no standard above perception, as perception can be managed by clever psychopaths. T the extent that you reject the evidence of your own senses is the extent to which you subjugate yourself to others who would think for you, to your own undoing.

So please understand that I take it very seriously when people confidently and blankly proclaim 'it is true there is no truth.' Beyond the obvious contradiction contained in that statement, bad people *need* you to believe this nonsense so they can # you without consequences.

Youre willingly disarming yourself. In doing so you destroy yourself and weaken your fellow man. Please reconsider.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

You have no clue what I was saying. I love the life that Ive had. I value every moment my creator has given me and most of all Im grateful for the oppurtunity to love others. I have no death wish. If I did I wouldnt be here.

My point was this, what is beyond this life is more valuable than this and Im anxious to experience it. There are beautiful souls here and evil ones as well. I dont like this reality as compared to what I BELIEVE lies beyond.
I have grand children old enough to buy hard liquer so Im no spring chicken. Ive had a full and wonderful life that I value. I was saying that as humans our perceptions are limited as to what reality truely is or isnt.

Its best not to judge me because frankly, you dont know me well enough. If I have not been clear in stating my opinion, the Im the one who owes you and apology.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

You have no clue what I was saying. I love the life that Ive had. I value every moment my creator has given me and most of all Im grateful for the oppurtunity to love others. I have no death wish. If I did I wouldnt be here. My point was this, what is beyond this life is more valuable than this and Im anxious to experience it.

So you love life but you cant wait to die? Im *very* confused by this.

There are beautiful souls here and evil ones as well. I dont like this reality as compared to what I BELIEVE lies beyond.

What do you base this belief upon?

I have grand children old enough to buy hard liquer so Im no spring chicken. Ive had a full and wonderful life that I value. I was saying that as humans our perceptions are limited as to what reality truely is or isnt.

So again I'll ask you - if the human mind is limited and cannot know truth, how can you say to me it is *true* that this is the case? If you and I are unable to know truth, how can you say to me that it is *true* that we cannot know *truth*?

This is a fundamental contradiction. How do we resolve it?

Its best not to judge me because frankly, you dont know me well enough.

Sorry to beat the dead horse, as Im sure you get the point by now...but is it *true* that I best not judge you? All i know about you is what you have presented to me.

If I have not been clear in stating my opinion, the Im the one who owes you and apology.

I dont require an apology, but I think the young, truth seeking OP might, as if not for my intervention he might have gone off into the world doubting his own sanity. This is the root of corruption imo.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Furthermore, I DO NOT embrace non existance or nothingness, on the contrary I embrace the "everything" which Im sure that since we are limited only by our human perceptions, that I cannot experience the "everything" here on earth. I dont understand how Ive missrepresent myself so badly to you. Im only here to learn spiritual lessons for now and Im learning in my own way, and Im on my own path. You will note that I have in no way offered to insult your way of thinking. I would appreciate the same consideration from you. Having had my full life here. Im ready to move on when possible. I regret nothing and inticipate everything. Be at peace.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Im sorry but Ive addressed your thoughts in a point by point manner and youve dodged and ignored my questions and instead whitewashed your responses and have acted in a false shock and horror that someone might actually press you on your self contradictory and frankly incoherent beliefs.

Since you proclaim that no knowledge is possible, I think it would not be too outrageous to ask you have some integrity and live by that which you proclaim to be true - that no truth is possible. If this is so, you really shouldnt try to convince or persuade anyone of anything ever again, as to do so would be to assert some sort of truth, which you claim is impossible.

Remember, if you object to the above and feel the need to correct me in any way, keep in mind that you cannot logically do so because you are incapable of knowing truth, and to tell me im wrong implies that you know some sort of right. But you cannot know right or wrong because all is unknowable, so Id appreciate it if you stuck to your guns and basically closed your mouth when it comes to talking about truth.

No intended disrespect, but I abhor hypocracy.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

I think you have worried wayyyyyyyyy to much about what I think.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

I think you have worried wayyyyyyyyy to much about what I think.

Is that true? *snicker*

Enjoy your remaining years. Would suck if you waited your whole life to die, and it turned out that there was no afterlife, eh.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

There is an afterlife. Boy are you gonna be suprised if you think differently. What? you thought this was all there is? Well dude that explains you to me.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

There is an afterlife. Boy are you gonna be suprised if you think differently. What? you thought this was all there is? Well dude that explains you to me.

Ok why not.

So youve discarded your original stance that humans cannot know truth. Thats a good first step. Now can you explain to me, like im 5 years old, how you know there is such a thing as an afterlife? (consciousness without material form.)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Fair enough. I have a soul. I dont know if humanity was created by visiting aliens or by God almighty. This is where my faith comes in. I was clinically dead for a few minutes when I was 24 yrs old. I left my body and looked down at it. I watched my mother cry as they tried to recesitate me which obviously they did do. But while I was "gone", I experienced something that would take me days to explain to you, but I will tell you this, I was told I had to return to "life" because I wasnt finished here yet. But I was shown somethings beyond description that I am eager to experience for eternity.

I am NOT trying to convince you of anything here. You asked a question and Im answering it. I do not discount ancient scientific opinion or fact. I do not discount ancient sumerian records. What I personally experienced in a near death experience is my personal truth. There is something more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join