It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALOSTSOUL's: 'Good News Corner' - Episode One.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Hello ATSer's and welcome to the pilot thread of;

ALS's Good News Corner.

In a world were 'Doom and gloom' seems the-be-all-and-end-all, we (especially here at ATS) can lose sight of the amazing and wonderous things that the Human-race is capable of. I intend to make weekly threads on the good side of mankind. Storys about bravery, sacifice, compasion and love.

With that said let us start.

Our first report is one of courage, courage in the form of an 8-year old boy named Ishaan Singh.

The mother of 8-year-old Ishaan Singh, San Jose's hero of the week after he helped save a 3-year-old girl and her grandfather from drowning, said her son asked her if he could show up at a news conference held in his honor Wednesday in a limousine.

He did not get his limo ride, but awaiting Ishaan at San Jose's Fire Station 14 was Fire Chief William McDonald with a plaque honoring him for his efforts in saving the lives of a friend's little sister and her 69-year-old grandfather at an apartment complex at 355 South Kiely Blvd. on Monday.

www.ktvu.com...

Beautiful isn't it.

And now (drum roll please);

ALS's Uplifting Song of The Week.

Here is one of my favourite songs from the king of 'Uplifting' music.

Reports just in from the animal kingdom. Depressed lion Dengo is happy again after being reunited with his partner Elza in Brazil.

When they were separated, he fell into a deep depression. Now a male lion is in better spirits after being happily reunited with his partner.

And who could blame him? Eleven-year-old Dengo had after all shared a cage with 10-year-old lioness Elza for eight happy years before she was transferred away from the Zoonit facility in Niteroi, Brazil

optimistworld.com...

Our third and last story of the night is one of my favourite and comes to us from the land-down-under.

Don Ritchie lives across the street from the most famous suicide spot in Australia: A cliff known as "The Gap." Most people would move, but Ritchie's stayed for almost 50 years—saving an estimated 160 people from suicide.

So what's his big secret? Ritchie wakes up every morning and looks out the window for "anyone standing alone too close to the precipice." If he sees someone who looks like they might be contemplating a jump, he walks over and... strikes up a conversation

www.dailygood.org...

What a wonderful Human being.

And with that, this ends the first episode of ALS's Good News Corner. But before I go here is my inspirational quote of the week.

Life has no smooth road for any of us; and in the bracing atmosphere of a high aim the very roughness stimulates the climber to steadier steps, till the legend, over steep ways to the stars, fulfills itself.
W. C. Doane

ALS
edit on 6-8-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
good news....on ATS...surly not

bout time

SnF for you pal

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gremlin2011

Haha yes I thought it was about time to.

Even if this thread tanks i'm gonna keep up with the weekly threads, just so I can say Hey, its not all bad.

Thanks for reading.

ALS

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Bumped.

2nd.

ALS

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

S&F for you - wish I could double them!

I value ATS greatly for keeping me informed on many possible fronts - but I must admit that I find myself frequently needing a positive energy boost with all the doom and gloom around. I am very glad to hear that more of these will follow -

edit on 8/6/2011 by Open2Truth because: wrong emote

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

Thanks, my aim is a simple one. To lighten the hearts of us ATSer's.

ALS
edit on 6-8-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: Typo

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Well if you want to bring some good news, you could have chosen some of... greater importance than two cats mating together...

There are good news indeed, but for those news I go to newscientist or news that reports of scientific discoveries, not day in a life of marco the donkey....

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Heckren

I wanted light hearted news, I'm bored of global media.

ALS

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I honestly feel a bit better after reading this.

Thanks!

Guess this is part of the reason I can get so angry with all the stuff going on nowdays. It's because I believe in my heart that the vast majority of people are truly decent. If we can get past our differences, and perhaps lock up a few Banksters to boot...
things could be, would be different.

Cheers and keep up the weekly reads please!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I love this idea. If I come across any good stories i will hit you up with a u2u so if you like it you can post it. Its about time we get away from the doom and gloom and get some hope and light.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

I am absolutely over the moon that it made you feel better. I will certainly be make these a weekly thing even if its just to put a smile on one persons face.

Thanks for reading.

ALS

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

That sounds like a great idea, if I use any U2Ued material I will be sure to give credit.

ALS

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Anyone who has any suggestions of good news stories, any inspirational songs, quotes or any other suggestions regarding what you want to see in future issues. Then please U2U me.

ALS

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
This is a fantastic idea for a thread!! big ups to you!
doubleplusgood!!

I just hope you can find enough uplifting stories to keep it going.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

I just hope you can find enough uplifting stories to keep it going

You just gotta know where to look.

Thanks for reading.

ALS

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I'm thinking about adding a ATS personal section. Things about thr ATSer's, whether it be wedding, births, tales of heroism from ATSer's that sort of thing.

So if you have any personal Good news stories for the next issue please U2U me.

ALS

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Thanks ALOSTSOUL best morning Ive had in a long time.

In these times of hardship and confusion, threads like these are more important than ever. I really think people need to focus on motivating and uplifting things or else we may become jaded and apathetic (too late some might say).

Anyway keep up the good work, I know I for one will be looking forward to the next installment of "Good News Corner"

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jcmosolf

Hey buddy thanks for reading, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

In these times of hardship and confusion, threads like these are more important than ever. I really think people need to focus on motivating and uplifting things or else we may become jaded and apathetic (too late some might say).

I agree, with the world decending into choas it is far to easy to forget that there is still joy in the world.

ALS

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Anyone know how to put a thread in the signature section.

ALS

Don't worry I done it.

edit on 7-8-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
this is a good idea I dont post much anymore maybe when school is back in session and ATS users get a bit more mature. but here is a website i check every day after reading the BS from all the other news outlets.

TPUC news for positive people

edit on 8/7/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join