It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Summer 2011 in Paris : Big Flood [VIDEO]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
In this video Paris appears to be getting a hell of a rainstorm apparently in the summer of 2011 causing massive rushing water in the streets, subways and walkways.

I wonder if this is regular for Paris or if this is something unusual there.

Are there any ATS Frenchies (
) on here that could chime in and let us know if this is something they have seen happen in the past in the home of croissants and berets or is this more freak weather for 2011?

www.liveleak.com...
edit on 6-8-2011 by vermonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
That's a LOT of rain! Wow! Thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I used to live in that area for years. That is in the district of Montmartre.

That is extremely heavy rain for August. August is usually very warm and humid, although storms are certainly not unknown for this time of year. They tend to come a little earlier in the summer.

Weather has changed considerably world wide, so it shouldn't really be surprising.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Thats one big dump of rain water Wow! Looks like North of UK is about to get a similar dumping too.

Those tables and chairs on the pavements must be pretty heavy to withstand all that and not get swept away.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
It looks more like a conjunction of several factors, we can see that on the steps on the other side of the street the water is not running down as if in waterfall like in the other steps. Also, people don't seem alarmed, they act as if it's just a common thing.

So, although it's not usual for rainy weather at this time of year, I don't think it's a flood either, just heavy rain.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

That is what you get in cities where 90% of your urban structure is impervious surface, coupled with inadequate and outdated storm-water management systems, leading to rapid and massive peaks in storm-water hydrographs.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
It looks more like a conjunction of several factors, we can see that on the steps on the other side of the street the water is not running down as if in waterfall like in the other steps. Also, people don't seem alarmed, they act as if it's just a common thing.

So, although it's not usual for rainy weather at this time of year, I don't think it's a flood either, just heavy rain.

although i agree with you. the reaction of the ignorant masses is no way to judge a situation like this. I dont know the people there but for the most part people en mass will ignore most anything on their daily cattle drive.

judging by the design of the street i would say, this much rain is not common for that area. the curbs sidewalks stairs are all being overwhelmed by this downpour.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
although i agree with you. the reaction of the ignorant masses is no way to judge a situation like this. I dont know the people there but for the most part people en mass will ignore most anything on their daily cattle drive.
But not if it's something that has never happened, on those situations people react in a different way, at least in Portugal.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

yeah i think it has to do with location, in NY or LA people will walk by a man bleeding out and make it a point to look the other way..

i remember flooding in cali when i was a kid and people were driving into a flooded intersection with other cars already stuck in it... classic stuff reminds me of that .Gif of all the people jumping in the hole.
edit on 8/7/2011 by -W1LL because: sp

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The fact that somebody bothered to take the video and post it suggests that it isn't routine. It was awsome in a way, but also a waste.

Tons of fresh water are wasted in urban environments when it all just runs off the pavement into the sewers, but I guess that is another issue.

top topics

join