It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheraton Hotel Happenings & Midtown Bomb Scare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Apparently 4 women were just arrested for hanging a banner on the outside of the Sheraton Hotel in midtown. Very often there are political events and conferences held there. Anyone hear anything about this? I work more east so I haven't heard much.

Since I'm on the subject of NYC stuff, there was also just a call for Bomb Squad to proceed to 42nd and 3rd. Traffic is moving normally so I'm guessing all is ok there.

EDIT 3:30PM - 42nd Street is closed from Lexington to Second. At least two large office buildings have been evacuated which is causing some crowding in the streets. ESU, Bomb Squad and lots of Cop cars, Ambulances and Fire Trucks are on the scene as well. I guess we'll see what happens. Doesn't seem to be anything else going on at the moment.

EDIT 4:25 PM - Update from Member of Service on the street: Alert was called due to a suspicious looking person carrying a weird package. The person I spoke to believed this was going on in the News Building. Seems to be a slowdown at the scene now.

Traffic is reopened on 42nd in both directions. Show's over.

[edit on 8-17-2004 by Djarums]

join