It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helicopter crash seals deaths, some were on Osama Bin Laden 'operation'.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I don't have much detail yet, but this is the Telegraph link from the original crash story,

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The BBC is reporting that some of those killed were navy seals from the OBL 'operation'.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Update, the BBC seems to be saying that six members of the OBL team died in the crash.
Seals team 6 is attributed to the OBL 'operation' though I don't think that necessarily means that there were 6 members in that team, Team 6 is a designation ID.

edit on 6-8-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

This stinks to high heaven.

It just so happens that 25 of the 31 dead were part of the Seal Team 6 that supposedly took out Bin Laden?

They were taken out, and I'm not buying that the Taliban with their own intel got this spot on.

I smell a set up.
edit on 6-8-2011 by FusionInFL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Do we need forty freaking threads on this? Learn to use a search function!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
BULL SH*T!

But of course they were on that flight.

I don't believe any damn reports any more.

Too much lies, too many times, over and over, and over...

It's MADNESS!

I am so damn disgusted today. All the crap they try to make us believe - SICK!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Very interesting indeed.

A few days after OBL was supposedly eliminated and consequently deposited in the ocean, a close friend of mine stated casually. “I wonder how they are going to pull a “Tillman” on these guys.

Now we know

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I thought the latest was that they were in the same unit but none of the actual people from team 6 or whatever its called, were even there.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Thanks for your advice, but this is a time issue, let the mods advise, BTW I did, there was nothing at the time, and no distinctive/specific headline, hope that helps.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

I think someone wasn't hugged enough as a child! Do you need a hug there little buddy?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
I thought the latest was that they were in the same unit but none of the actual people from team 6 or whatever its called, were even there.

Hi, and thanks. That's what I've been trying to ascertain, but the breaking news on BBC 24 tv news is saying some were part of the OBL 'operation'.

Just to update that, the breaking news ticker is still the same, the story link would be older, and it is in that, that says they were unlikely to have been part of the operation, it does not seem to have been updated.
edit on 6-8-2011 by smurfy because: Update.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

I did a thread about this earlier: Bin Laden Killers Suddenly Die in Shot Down Chopper... I Smell A Conspiracy.,. Just my 2 cents to the conversation.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Seems to me this is going to be another conspiracy added to the list of threads on this site. It is odd though how a chopper would randomly crash with members of Seal Team 6 though. Taliban said they shot it down, however on the news it didn't mention that at all. I think this may very well have been set up.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by smurfy

I did a thread about this earlier: Bin Laden Killers Suddenly Die in Shot Down Chopper... I Smell A Conspiracy.,. Just my 2 cents to the conversation.

Thanks Wideyes,
I'm am still seeing the breaking news ticker, it say a US departmental official has confirmed "some of the dead" were part of the 'operation' the ceefax story is older, and doesn't seem to be updated. Keep your thread going until we find out proper.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
How convenient.

Do people really believe this bullshirt?

Truth is stranger than fiction.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
As fusion mentioned earlier a much higher number members of that 'operation' died, (25) , as of now Sky news is reporting verbally that 20 of those who have died were part of the OBL 'operation' and without qualification. Team 6 then is a bigger grouping than at least some of us thought, including 'em wah' does anyone yet know of the content of some of the numerous books/media coming out on the OBL 'operation' relating to Team 6?

The whole 'operation' OBL was troublesome for many of us who are plainly 'not in the know'.

This latest event has so many connotations. If you include the idea, for instance, that the OBL 'operation' happened, then this helicopter crash was serendipitous, since it too could be an actual event, (which we have yet to see evidence of .. and why??) that it also means that those team 6 members are now gone, but their identities will still have to be unknown, at least in my reckoning to protect their families. On the other hand there are numerous literatures coming out on Team 6/OBL in some form or another which might mean that their identities were already compromised in some way or another..I suppose you could include 'hacking' into that, whatevever.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Hey I know this is a about a week old but it seems that everyone posting here including the OP is very confused as to whether the SEALs killed in this helicopter crash where the same ones who took part in the Operation Neptune spear. The answer is no, the SEALs on that helicopter where not the same ones who were killed in the Bin Laden raid.

The problem I think is how the media are reporting on anything to do with SEAL Team Six, by incorrectly using the name SEAL Team Six they are creating this image in people’s minds that SEAL Team Six like a sports team, this is not true they are much bigger. SEAL Team Six is not technically one of the SEAL Teams of which there are 9 (or 11 depending on how you look at things) these are tier two Special Forces assets. SEAL Team Six was created as a Tier one asset when there were only two other SEAL Teams. The truth is that SEAL Team Six is not even called SEAL Team Six it is called the United States Naval Special Warfare Development Group (NSWDG) and it is effectively a completely different unit from the rest of the SEAL’s.

NSWDG has four (or 5 again depending on how you read into this) squadrons, each squadron is broken down into troops that are then further broken down into smaller patrol groups, the total estimated size of NSWDG is around 250-300 operatives. Now the team that took part in Operation Neptune Spear came from red squadron, and the SEALs who got shot down in that helicopter where from gold squadron. In most media outlets they are reporting that none of the SEALs on that helicopter where on the Bin Laden raid and this actually makes the most sense.

People SEAL’s and NSWDG use Chinooks, and Chinooks get shot down and/or crash more that you would think. This is not the first time that a Chinook has crashed and SEALs have died, just read up about Operation Red Wings. There is no real conspiracy here.

I hope that has helped if you have any other questions I will do my best to answer them.

new topics

top topics

join