It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Group Says It Hacked U.S. Law Enforcement Websites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Group Says It Hacked U.S. Law Enforcement Websites

www.foxnews.com

The group known as Anonymous said Saturday it has hacked into some 70 law enforcement websites across the southern and central United States in retaliation for arrests of its sympathizers in the U.S. and Britain.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Apparently they were retaliating against the arrest of people who support the group in both the United States and the United Kingdom. Not only did they take information that they will release in order embarrass law enforcement officials in the US but they also stole emails, credit card information, etc. For the most part they hacked sheriff offices across the US. Most of the sites apparently didn't have much other than the personal information of the deputies and other employees.

Personally I think anonymous has gone out of control with this latest attack. Now their stealing personal stuff like credit card information and doing something like that can really ruin peoples lives. Especially in economic times like these I don't think anonymous should be taking such a risk with other peoples credit information especially if their just ordinary citizens who just happen to be law enforcement officers.

If they want to release the incriminating evidence or embarrassing information they claim to have stolen that's fine but stealing credit card information and other personal information crosses the line in my opinion.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
All is fair in love and war.

What anon is trying to do is a warfare tactic, strongly used by Germans of going after anyone associated with the enemy. If they start really hurting the groups that are the "enemy" people wont want to work for these groups that (i know law enforcement does good) can perpetrate evils in certain ways.

IMO, they would be best off collecting the names of people working at the Fed reserve and the IRS and going after them. Coming from a masters in finance student, so ask me an q's you need to know.

Regards,

Von

new topics

join