It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Obama will not be known as the first black president, but the president who had a downgrade" - FO

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by the_0bserver85

Hard to capture a guy that's probably been dead 10 years.
If you believe Obamas story, he wasn't captured at all, don't let a little thing like truth get in the way.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I'd like to add he is also the president who 'responsible' for the capture of Osama Bin Laden.

You're not aware of the real story there, are you? There have been several instances where bin Laden was within reach in the past few years that Obama, on advice from Valerie Jarrett, refused to go in. Instead he would hide behind her skirts and delay a decision until it was too late.

And he did NOT make the final call to go in. Leon Panetta made the call (Thank you, Mr. Panetta). Boy Blunder rushed into the room just as the mission was being completed.

There's your "leader" for ya.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Having viewed the clip, and read the posts, the following can be stated:
Part of what was stated and what was posted was correct and parts are incorrect. Before we go into semantics lets take the look at the position that both are in:
A president is answerable ultimately to the people of the country. He has to have good strong leadership qualities, and be charismatic. He has to make decisions to speak with one voice for the people of this country and follow the laws that are in place. He should bring all of the people together, and keeping in mind that the majority does rule, and minority have rights. He has to bring drive, leadership, and a vision to the table. Any messes or problems that occur while he is in office, are his and his alone, not the other guy, not this late in the game. His goal to ensure the safety and prosperity of the country.
The CEO of a company in business today: A CEO is answerable to the stockholders of a company. He has to have good strong leadership qualities. He has to make decisions to guide the company to make money for the company that he runs, following the rules that are in place. He has to have drive, leadership and keep in mind that the board is always watching him. He has to have a vision on where he wants the company to go and base decisions on that. Should the company take a hit, he is called on the carpet and all of the blame is placed on him for the mistakes that it makes and the failings. His goal is to make money.
While both are similar in nature, there are some differences. The person speaking is correct in one thing, at the end of the day, when history is written Barak Obama will be known as the first president in the history of the country to have the credit rating drop under his watch. While he has had some successes, his failures are going to out weight them. History is never kind to any President that does something so bad, as it will focus on such every time, if you want an example, think: Richard Nixon. Not many people know how he was able to secure peace treaties with both the USSR and China, but they will always remember him for his role in the Watergate scandal and how he was the first President who was almost removed from office.
Major points like that stick out, and this is one of them.
Some would say this is a race war, yet fail to give any example on how this can be considered a race war, as this is not black vs white, and there is no longer the rampent racisim that once existed in the country.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by isthisreallife

As much as Obama annoys me, the blame lies with Congress since they control the purse strings. The ultimate blame for our predicament belongs solely to the American people for becoming apathetic and lazy about involving themselves in politics and holding elected officals accountible.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
This country had major problems before Obama even came around. There's plenty of blame to go around. Don't get me wrong, Obama did play a part in it. He's the one that threw us the anchor instead of the life preserver when we fell overboard.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
She is right, it's called taking the good with bad because Presidents are responsible for everything that happens under their watch.
< br />
Look at it this way, If you hire someone to fix problems that a previous guy began creating, how many times do you think that person would be allowed to participate in meetings and blame-blame-blame?
At some point that gets old and soon afterwards that person gets replaced.

My question is, who is going to fix Obama's blunders, and how long will it take?

Btw, Clinton was the original first-black President.

edit on 7-8-2011 by Alxandro because: new pic

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by isthisreallife

"Obama will not be known as the first black president, but the president who had a downgrade"

S&P was very clear as to why they made the downgrade. No mystery here,

We lowered our long-term rating on the U.S. because

we believe that the prolonged controversy over raising the statutory debt ceiling and the related fiscal policy debate indicate that further near-term progress containing the growth in public spending, especially on entitlements, or on reaching an agreement on raising revenues is less likely than we previously assumed and will remain a contentious and fitful process.

tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com...

President Obama's "grand bargain", which Boehner agreed, but then retreated from under pressure from the Tea Party, was the way to go.

Laying the blame at the ffet of President Obama is comical to me.

The Tea Party was very prideful of the manner in which they successfully threatened the American people and the entire economy to get their way. It's funny to see them look to blame the President for their own actions.

S&P downgraded the rating due to the fact that the debate proved the Tea Party
(1) Had power
(2) Was actually willing to destroy the economy to get their way
(3) Refused to back the "Grand bargain" that had both revenues and addressed entitlements.

The S&P is waiting to see if the country can survive the Tea Party until 2012 and how those elections will turn out.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
Clinton was the First black president if i recall. Obama will be declared worse than Jimmy Carter.
How can he be not declared any worse?

Obama, the first black Jimmy Carter???

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
the guy is way more white than he is black.

that is all i have to say.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
She is right, it's called taking the good with bad because Presidents are responsible for everything that happens under their watch.

We should release John Hinkley Jr. since it was Pres. Reagans fault for getting shot.

We should arrest Pres, Bush because it was his fault Al-Qaeda attacked us.

The far right hoping to blame Pres. Obama for their insanity and refusal to think rationally and the fear it has inspired in the American economy?

It reminds me of "Things to Do in Denver when you're Dead"

"Critical Bill" goes phychotic and ends up killing everybody and then goes to apologize to his boss Andy Garcia.

Critical Bill:
I been wantin' to apologize to you, Jimmy, about that... what happened out on the highway the other night? You know, man, I just... Well, I kinda lost my sh** out there, ya know? But, damn, Jimmy, it was kind of irresponsible of you to put me out on point in the first place, ya know? When you think about it, it really was sorta your fault. I mean, everybody knows... I'm out of my tits.

It was irresponsible of the American voter to elect the Tea Party in the first place. We were drunk with Anger and Despair, but still...we now see the results of those emotional decisions. 2012 can't come quickly enough for the American economy.

edit on 8-8-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by isthisreallife
My grandma was staying at my house this morning and she had Fox News on. I was half-listening when I heard this woman speaking about Obama and the Economy.

Amilya Antonett is the CEO of AMA Productions and had this to say about Obama and the economy:

For those who cant watch the video she says:

"Obama will not be known as the first black president but the president who had a downgrade"

"As a CEO in inherit a mess everyday, that is my job title to fix problems to unite people in harmony for one goal, he can't get the people in the white house, I don't care if your red or blue. Your job is to make people work in harmony for one common goal, the common goal is that this country is a safe, secure country. This is the American Dream, what are you doing to our country?"

She said Obama should apologize for not leading this country to success.

No matter your opinion of Obama or the Red/Blue Paradigm, she raises good points. It was recorded on an Ipad 2 which is why it is shaky. Sorry about that.

Comments?

This is what a capitalist sounds like.

----------
Americans want solutions not excuses.
These next few months are critical.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Good with bad means you get both crediit and blame for everything that happens under your watch, but the things you mention are events that occurred while those Presidents were in office.

Reagan got shot while he was President and 9-11 occurred during Bush's watch.

If these events are the first thing you think of whenever you think of Reagan and Bush, then they must be memorable enough to validate the point of this thread, which is that Obama will be remembered as the downgrade President.

Sure he killed Bin Laden, but we all know that basically fell on his lap.
Still a huge positive for him indeed because it officially happened under his watch and though he was not entirely deserving of it, he still got full credit.
Same for the downgrade, it officially happened under his watch.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I think Hinkley was responsible for shooting Pres. Reagan, Al-Qaeda was responsible for planning and executing 9-11, Pres. Obama was responsible for bagging Bin Laden and the Tea Party was responsible for scuttling the deal that the S&P said would have worked - the long term "Grand Bargain" Boehner agreed to before the TP started cheering for default.

That deal is what S&P describes as what it was hoping for in it's explanation for the downgrade...long term, entitlement reforms, revenues, debt reduction.

The S&P explains themselves clearly as to what caused the downgrade, not a mystery.

Not complicated. The Tea Party was thumping their chest taking credit for the debacle, now they are ducking their heads and claiming they had nothing to do with it. Some Americans are dumb, but most are bright enough to remember what happened a week ago.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Voters are certainly NOT HAPPY! Talk about a vote of NO CONFIDENCE!

New Low: 17% Say U.S. Government Has Consent of the Governed
Sunday, August 07, 2011

Fewer voters than ever feel the federal government has the consent of the governed.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that just 17% of Likely U.S. Voters think the federal government today has the consent of the governed. Sixty-nine percent (69%) believe the government does not have that consent.....

Perhaps it's no surprise voters feel this way since only eight percent (8%) believe the average member of Congress listens to his or her constituents more than to their party leaders. That, too, is the lowest level measured to date. Eighty-four percent (84%) think the average congressman listens to party leaders more than the voters they represent.

Voter approval of the job Congress is doing has fallen to a new low - for the second month in a row. Only six percent (6%) now rate Congress' performance as good or excellent.....

Democrats and voters not affiliated with either political party are more inclined to think the government does have the consent of the governed, but sizable majorities of all three groups don't believe that to be the case.... www.rasmussenreports.com...

This about sums it up

...Gold prices have gone up because of the devaluation of the US dollar, Celente points out. He argues that America is heading into the Greatest Depression and believes that everything Washington is doing will not salvage the economy.

“Why would any thinking adult look at the Republicans and the Democrats, the inepts and the incompetents, to come up with a program that’s going to salvage the nation?

lewrockwell.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Funny when he was running for President he cited these issues and how he would correct it,he has done neither we are far worse off,so yes it is his fault,look at his old campaign speechs,I can believe the idiots that voted for him,they are the ones whining the most,He wasn't fit for office,and after being voted in help secure that,with his inept skills and Biden is a bookend to him,best scenario? run him out on a rail he's no leader

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
About my comment, don't you folks see my 'winky face'
I was talking about what a lot of people credit him for. Not my personal opinion in anyway.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

If these events are the first thing you think of whenever you think of Reagan and Bush, then they must be memorable enough to validate the point of this thread, which is that Obama will be remembered as the downgrade President.

I think he will be known as the Food Stamp President, since 44 million people are on them right now.

reply to post by Indigo5

I think Hinkley was responsible for shooting Pres. Reagan, Al-Qaeda was responsible for planning and executing 9-11, Pres. Obama was responsible for bagging Bin Laden and the Tea Party was responsible for scuttling the deal that the S&P said would have worked - the long term "Grand Bargain" Boehner agreed to before the TP started cheering for default.

That deal is what S&P describes as what it was hoping for in it's explanation for the downgrade...long term, entitlement reforms, revenues, debt reduction.

The S&P explains themselves clearly as to what caused the downgrade, not a mystery.

Not complicated. The Tea Party was thumping their chest taking credit for the debacle, now they are ducking their heads and claiming they had nothing to do with it. Some Americans are dumb, but most are bright enough to remember what happened a week ago.

I don't think the TPM are claiming they had nothing to do with the deal...and they shouldn't be. They showed that a small group of dedicated grassroots citizens can accomplish great things. But to say that they were soley responsible for the downgrade, well, that is just disingenuous.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I commented on your post. Sorry - I totally missed the winky dude.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Obama brought this on himself.

-Lap dog for the elites.

-Betraying the progressive base that voted him in

-escalating wars

-bending over backwards for the GOP in one of the biggest dog and pony shows in recent memory.

He can go to hell along with congress and these corrupt judges that have destroyed this nation

Round them all up.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Well if you are going to whine about it, maybe I should use an analogy you can relate to.

Let's just say a young new baby sitter is hired by a rich, out of control, dysfunctional family to baby sit their young, irresponsible, spoiled brat of a child. This brat always gets everything he wants, any time, any where, just because he can and because he deserves to live the Paris Hilton lifestyle.
The parents leave for the evening and the sitter and brat sit down and begin watching TV. Ten minutes later a commercial comes on advertising the latest and greatest, must have widget.
The spoiled brat stands up and yells out "I want that!"
The sitter looks around and notices tons and tons of the same exact widget all over the room, some broken, some slightly used and others still in the original packaging.
She begins to gaze in amazement at the lack of judgment and lack of common sense of this brat. After experiencing a brief, hypnotic trance like, WTF moment over what she had just witnessed, she finally recovers from the shock and awe experience to find the brat frantically jumping and screaming "I SAID I WANT THAT, NOW! IF I DON"T GET IT I WILL DIE."

Then the sitter utters the words that the brat has never heard, she tells him, "No, I don't think that's a good idea."

The brat can't believe his ears and begins kicking his tantrun into over drive.
Soon after, the parents return to find the brat huffing and puffing, pointing at the sitter saying "It's all her fault."
Of course, being the irresponsible, politically correct parents that they are they side with the brat and chastise the sitter for hurting his feelings.
"How dare you", they say, "How dare you make our child cry, and all it's your fault that he is the way he is."

The sitter rolls her eyes, slaps her forehead and says "Aye Caramba"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join